Author Topic: Jared and Ivanka push Trump to give citizenship to illegals brought as children in move toward immigration deal with Democrats  (Read 1952 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jared and Ivanka push Trump to give citizenship to illegals brought as children in move toward immigration deal with Democrats

By Nikki Schwab, U.s. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com

Published: 15:14 EDT, 22 August 2017 | Updated: 15:43 EDT, 22 August 2017

Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner are among a set of White House aides pushing President Trump to allow illegal immigrants brought to the U.S. as children to stay, in an effort to get Democrats to fund the president's border wall.

McClatchy reported that the group of White House officials have suggested using so-called 'Dreamers' as a bargaining chip, in order to check off some of the president's campaign promises on immigration, including the wall, additional detention facilities, an E-verify system for employers and cuts to legal immigration.

However, such a move would break another campaign promise, as candidate Donald Trump had pledged to supporters last August to 'immediately terminate President Obama's two illegal executive amnesties,' including DACA, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals. 

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4813664/Jared-Ivanka-push-Trump-citizenship-Dreamers.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Online Polly Ticks

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Oceander

Offline RoosGirl

Nothing wrong with a little pragmatism, right?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Im shocked, just blindsided that the unelected liberals in the White House would try to promote this with Trump!

First I was

Then I was like

Now I'm just waiting to be told

Online roamer_1

Offline RoosGirl

Im shocked, just blindsided that the unelected liberals in the White House would try to promote this with Trump!

First I was

Then I was like

Now I'm just waiting to be told

Shall I be the first to say that it's better than Hillary?

Offline GtHawk

Shall I be the first to say that it's better than Hillary?
Well it hasn't happened yet, nor does it say, that I saw that Trump is for it and while we all know that Hillary would have pushing for this from the start, I don't think anyone could say that they didn't expect to hear this kind of thing Ivanka and Co.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 12:54:15 am by GtHawk »

Offline skeeter

It wouldn't surprise me but aside from a quote from a FAIR spokesman I can't see any sources for this info.

There's been so much Shmutz coming out of the media concerning this president rather than belly bumping I would think prudently waiting for the story to develop would be called for.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Some horsetrading has to go on. I'm certainly not for this but sometimes, things don't get done without some give and take. Barry Goldwater knew this, Ronald Reagan knew this.

But some of the "Super Conservatives" who get nothing done will have nothing to do with this.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Some horsetrading has to go on. I'm certainly not for this but sometimes, things don't get done without some give and take. Barry Goldwater knew this, Ronald Reagan knew this.

But some of the "Super Conservatives" who get nothing done will have nothing to do with this.

Pretend Conservatives who are nothing but party hack bootlickers have done nothing but trade away and surrender any semblance of Conservatism from themselves to the point we no longer can tell the difference between them and your typical radical Democrat Leftist.

One is simply louder than the other, while the quieter one begs and beseeches the rest of his party to compromise and be pragmatic with accepting more Leftism as a necessity, because 'it is how you get things done'.

Like making ObamaCare permanent.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline skeeter

Disagree here. Any degree of legalization of illegals at all undercuts the argument for protecting the borders in the first place. Like allowing a thief to keep your TV in exchange for a promise not to break into your house again.

Offline GtHawk

Amazing, how the Pubs always have to do horestrading to get things done when they are in power, every time the Pubs horsetrade, especially on immigration, all we end up with for it is the what drops out the back end of the horse. How many times have we had immigration reform and amnesty? And how many times was it supposed to be the last time? Close the damn border and stop rewarding illegals!

Offline RoosGirl

Amazing, how the Pubs always have to do horestrading to get things done when they are in power, every time the Pubs horsetrade, especially on immigration, all we end up with for it is the what drops out the back end of the horse. How many times have we had immigration reform and amnesty? And how many times was it supposed to be the last time? Close the damn border and stop rewarding illegals!

You missed the 'W'

Offline GtHawk

You missed the 'W'
You mean the compassionate conservative, no not really, but one can't help how many Evers reamed "W" for the same kind of compassion this artice presents as Ivanka an Co. ideal for Daddy? :thud:
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 01:51:29 am by GtHawk »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Like it or not, it's the proper thing to do. 

I don't like it...but it does blunt the cries of "Nazi" and "Racist" baloney.

...and gives pause to the American Hispanic born to illegal parents ..when evaluating Donald Trump.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Yes, just like 0bamacare.

Offline GtHawk

...and gives pause to the American Hispanic born to illegal parents ..when evaluating Donald Trump.
I disagree that giving them Citizenship is the right thing to do, I will flex to the point that giving them legal residency would be something to look at, but Citizenship no. As far as the charges of "Nazi" and "Racist", there is nothing on God's earth that will ever be enough for the slingers of those appelations, as we've seen not even death.

Offline skeeter

"Dreamers" under DACA's definition today might be as old as 36.

As far as them meeting the other requirements for being a "Dreamer", such as having been brought here before age 16, I guess we have to take their word for it.

No sale.

Oceander

:bigsilly:

Offline RoosGirl

You mean the compassionate conservative, no not really, but one can't help how many Evers reamed "W" for the same kind of compassion this artice presents as Ivanka an Co. ideal for Daddy? :thud:

Haha, I didn't mean *that* W.  I was playing with your little typo....  horsetrading vs horestrading vs whorestrading  :)

Offline RoosGirl

To paraphrase: We'll have them wetbacks voting Republican for the next 50 years.

Offline GtHawk

Haha, I didn't mean *that* W.  I was playing with your little typo....  horsetrading vs horestrading vs whorestrading  :)
[/quote
Okay Thanks, I have to be extra careful, I have nerve damage and sometimes my hands don't listen to my brain and I miss things, of course when you consider who in government will be doing the trading.............maybe your version is right. :beer:
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 02:22:51 am by GtHawk »

Online roamer_1

Oh, the hell you say!
NO, it is NOT the right thing to do.