Author Topic: Replacing the Republican Party  (Read 36178 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Replacing the Republican Party
« Reply #375 on: August 23, 2017, 08:04:58 pm »
Wow. Totally off-topic, but that's got to be the most beautiful ice cream cone / unicorn crap I've ever seen.

@Polly Ticks
That unicorn is a very meticulous character.   
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #376 on: August 23, 2017, 08:07:43 pm »
Okay.  Nice try but no points.  So many people here have been utterly brutal to Trump and I'm wondering why you chose to direct your attack at one of the people who have attempted to be fair to him.

And everything I said was true.  If anyone mentions Cruz, you Trump Lovers go ballistic and for no reason.  Trump was utterly horrible to Ted Cruz and lied repeatedly about him during the campaign. 

Ted Cruz did not retaliate but you cannot forgive him for telling people to 'vote their conscience.'

In the end, Ted endorsed Trump which was probably the deciding factor in his victory.

You do have some kind of unnatural attachment to Trump ... I don't know if it's love but it's certainly not just political support.

In the end, you have alienated someone who was 'kinda' on your side.

Good going.

@Emjay

Oh cmon, have an ice cream cone.    :)

Can't we all just get along.....Kum By Ya

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #377 on: August 23, 2017, 08:12:54 pm »
@Emjay

Oh cmon, have an ice cream cone.    :)

Can't we all just get along.....Kum By Ya

Don't do it, he's trying to feed you unicorn crap.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #378 on: August 23, 2017, 08:15:25 pm »
Wow. Totally off-topic, but that's got to be the most beautiful ice cream cone / unicorn crap I've ever seen.

Must be the clean end of the turd I always see people mention.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #379 on: August 23, 2017, 08:23:02 pm »
Define "us all."
In Texas, it is ya'll, if that is what you care for.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #380 on: August 23, 2017, 08:28:08 pm »
Don't do it, he's trying to feed you unicorn crap.

No, that I reserve for a special person

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #381 on: August 23, 2017, 08:32:59 pm »
Except that there is a definition of morality that maintains (conserves) civilization, in our case Judeo-Christian civilization, and therefore the nation as it was intended at founding.
He or she or it maintains that he or she or it decides what is moral, not God as taught by us who live by Judeo-Christian principles.  Somehow, the person thinks he or she or it is 'forced' into morality.  God gives everyone free will to do what one pleases; however, He clearly has consequences for deciding other than what He asks us to do.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline aligncare

« Reply #382 on: August 23, 2017, 08:37:56 pm »
@corbe
Weren't you just posting yesterday about showing respect for each other and stopping with the sniping?

I swear I saw you post something like that but I could be wrong.

yet you continue with the 'trumpers' labels and similar crap.   Guess that didn't last long.

You know in fact, I didn't even notice corbe used the slur 'Trumper'. That's how conditioned I have become to seeing it.

I believed corbe's post reasonable until you pointed that out. It's a little thing, I know. But, it means a lot. Careful choice of words show a certain level of respect. It's gotta start somewhere.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #383 on: August 23, 2017, 08:45:03 pm »
@libertybele

We do have a lot of conservative Governors and control of the White House, Senate, and House.   What does that get us?     It doesn't get us the power to push through the Conservative agenda.   The GOP leadership and DNC Leadership are essentially the same.  So all the Cruz's in the world really won't help until we can remove the McConnells, Ryans, McCains and other Globalists.   Even the rank and file Democrats (Blue Dogs) are essentially powerless because of the Pelosi's.   Most of the Blue Dogs aren't willing to sell out America but they have very little power, by design.

Under Obama local police forces couldn't even control people like Occupy without a Federal civil rights lawsuit.  For all his faults Trump is putting a stop to that which is why the GOP leadership wants him gone.

You missed the main point; which is building a conservative coalition from the ground up.  Part of that is already in place.  Again our governors and state legislators far out number those in Washington.  Those in the U.S. Senate and House may be stifled by the failed leadership and corruption; but our governors and state legislators are plugging right along.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #384 on: August 23, 2017, 08:47:00 pm »

Yeah,it IS that hard or we would already have it. The reason for this is there is no money and no power in being a conservative because it means you aren't a team player,and the other politicians can't count on you to throw some graft their way. Conservatism cuts into their cash flow and their power because it benefits the people more than it benefits the lawmakers.

Has nothing at all to do with it. The bottom line is pragmatism, and lesser evil.
They have no real control over who gets voted in. That's the voters.
what's wrong is the idea that any Republican is better than a democrat - That is false. voting for the leser democrat is why the Republican party is full of liberals.

Why do you think they all lie like hell to get into office? They all sing a Conservative song during campaign season (the big orange blowhard included), but they're lying through their teeth. That's why it has always been a Conservative principle to vote for em according to their record, rather than their promises.

If all Republicans did that, there would be way more than a handful of Conservatives in office right now. The ones there are are either from ultra Conservative regions, or just dumb luck.

You are old enough you should remember what the DNC and their accomplices in the alleged Republican Party and the media did to Barry Goldwater. The lies they told about him teeter on the border of criminality. He flat scared them all to death because he put country before self,and he couldn't be bought or blackmailed.

Not quite that old - Reagan was my first and best vote ever. But I DO know. As an actual Conservative, my roots are in Goldwater via Reagan.

Reagan winning office was a fluke. The left consider themselves to be geniuses,and they didn't take Reagan seriously because they thought he was a slow-witted Rube. After all,if he wasn't a Rube,WHY wasn't he a leftist,right? By the time they realized he was playing them like a pimp plays a whore,it was too late to stop him.

What Reagan said wrt voting is TRUE.
All it takes is for Conservatives to vote for true (read Reagan) Conservatives - A candidate that embraces ALL of Conservatism means ALL factions are driving the bus, no faction is in the back of the bus, and the RINOs are under the bus.

A candidate who is a Goldwater Conservative, a social conservative, and fiscally conservative, with a real knowledge (record) of what our military stands for and goes through is not only going to get elected, but is going to do the right things.

The moderates pimp the social conservatives (politically gullible) because they need the votes, and pimp the military because they need them for nation building, but invariably fiscal responsibility and Goldwater style civil-libertarianism go right under the bus.

That's what pragmatism brings every time.

The left and their towel boys in the alleged Republican Party have been very,very careful since then to not let a outsider gain any traction. As a result,all we have gotten for Republican candidates since Reagan were shape-shifting treasonous scum like the Bush Crime Family.

Voted in there because of 'pragmatism'.
They are playing to populism to get the votes. The most self evident example is McCain-Palin. But Trump is no different.

The along comes Trump. A sometimes Republican,and a sometimes Dim,all depending on who held the top offices he would need favors from or access to so he could pay the bribes.

LOL! That's right. He's a player alright... What's hilarious is that he's been able to sell the fact that he's a player with some sort of a mythical 'conservative' halo. LOL! That's a laugh-riot!

Trump won it because the mainstream didn't take him seriously,and they and the media actually HELPED him win the nomination by continually reporting that he's "not really a politician". There was also the "NYC resident and friend to the leftist scum that run that city" thing. They figured because of that nobody that voted Republican that wasn't from the northeast would vote for him. It went right over their heads that THESE WERE THE REASONS PEOPLE DID VOTE FOR HIM.

He waltzed them right down the garden path. The voters, I mean. Media had nothing to do with it except playing the bad guy. Y'all have been SO played.

As a result,he owes nobody anything,and he has enough money and ego to resist any "kiss,kiss,and make up" attempt they try now.

ROTFLMAO! You REALLY believe that?

He has been demeaned and insulted,and so has his wife and children,so IMNSHO,he is determined now to prove they were wrong by being the best president he can be so he can rub their noses in it. It's alll about ego now,and nobody has a bigger ego than Trump.

Yeah.... no. The 'insulted' thing is his shtick. It's his main play, and always has been... OMG! It is so easy to see, as he is practically a one trick pony.  As is the good-cop-bad-cop thing he's got going on with republican leadership, just like he did with the media.

Ask yourself this: Considering his propensities, why isn't he full-scale tearing down Republican leadership? They are supposedly in his way, and what does he do to anything that is in his way?

THINK.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #385 on: August 23, 2017, 08:47:32 pm »
You know in fact, I didn't even notice corbe used the slur 'Trumper'. That's how conditioned I have become to seeing it.

I believed corbe's post reasonable until you pointed that out. It's a little thing, I know. But, it means a lot. Careful choice of words show a certain level of respect. It's gotta start somewhere.

Good grief you guys are thin-skinned!  How is "Trumper" a slur?  That's ridiculous.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #386 on: August 23, 2017, 08:49:14 pm »

So you're saying you weren't offended until someone told you that you should be? 
 :pondering:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline aligncare

« Reply #387 on: August 23, 2017, 08:57:59 pm »
Good grief you guys are thin-skinned!  How is "Trumper" a slur?  That's ridiculous.

Because it's coming from folks whom we see and interact with every day. I enjoy being with people that I like. I try not to put up barriers, but being a Trump supporter seems barrier enough around here when confronted with names like 'Trump lovers'.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #388 on: August 23, 2017, 09:02:23 pm »
Because it's coming from folks whom we see and interact with every day. I enjoy being with people that I like. I try not to put up barriers, but being a Trump supporter seems barrier enough around here when confronted with names like 'Trump lovers'.

So I guess to you the nasty names and things said about people here who don't share your enthusiasm for all things Donny either doesn't matter or is justified?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #389 on: August 23, 2017, 09:04:20 pm »
Most Republicans are conservative. 

That is not true. Most Republicans can't offer a list of Conservative principles with a rodeo clown in a barrel holding cue cards in front of them.

Some, however, are not the peculiar variant known as social conservatives.   There is a tension between social conservatives and those with more libertarian views regarding religious values being promoted by government in the public sphere.   

Baloney. Here's a clue: Humanism is as much a religion as Christianity. So is 'science'. There is no such thing as a moral void. This government does have a religion, and is always going to have a religion.

What you are arguing about is which religion that is... When in fact, the Christian virtue of tolerance, born largely in this country by way of protestant evangelicalism joined to the rise of middle-class based capitalism - The very thing that y'all are so desperate to tear down - is the ONLY great melting pot that has worked, in all of history.

That doesn't mean the GOP coalition is illegitimate or not fundamentally "conservative" in nature.   

Yes, in fact, it does. There is no fiscal responsibility, no just cause in military, no federalism and small government without a good and moral people. Without 'social conservatism'. there is no conservatism.

Likewise the rest. Without civil libertarianism, there is no conservatism
without defense conservatism, there is no conservatism
without fiscal conservatism, there is no conservatism.

Anyone who takes the time to think it through would know that by now.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #390 on: August 23, 2017, 09:06:00 pm »

Hmmm, Trumper is a slur, but NeverTrumper is not, verrry interrresting

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #391 on: August 23, 2017, 09:07:56 pm »

:odrama:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #392 on: August 23, 2017, 09:11:12 pm »
Thanks to the radical Democrat Party today, the chasm is as deep.

Therefore. anyone with a GOP affiliation may claim some level of Conservatism.  And they wouldn't be lying when held up against the opposition.

Stone dead wrong. by comparison to the opposition is not how one determines Conservatism. One determines Conservatism according to the Principles of Conservatism.

Concatenating 'Republican' and 'Conservative' is a mistake of monumental size. the majority of Conservatives now stand outside of the Republican party, and that has been true for a decade or better.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #393 on: August 23, 2017, 09:14:46 pm »
:odrama:

Wait just a darn minute.  I have been named drama queen extraordinaire around here.  Is another attempting to take my title??? :nono:  8888crybaby
 :silly: :silly: :silly:
God is still in control

Offline aligncare

« Reply #394 on: August 23, 2017, 09:17:42 pm »
So I guess to you the nasty names and things said about people here who don't share your enthusiasm for all things Donny either doesn't matter or is justified?

I speak for myself. I try. I try to make my points without insulting language. Again, I try. Sometimes I lack the wisdom when to keep my mouth shut.

Bottom line, I'm not accountable for the words or tone of voice others in my camp use.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #395 on: August 23, 2017, 09:20:16 pm »

Wait just a darn minute.  I have been named drama queen extraordinaire around here.  Is another attempting to take my title??? :nono:  8888crybaby
 :silly: :silly: :silly:

Haha, I saw that!  I regret to inform you that you were crowned in error.  Ascending and descending order is a challenge sometimes. :)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #396 on: August 23, 2017, 09:23:08 pm »

So, when I was called a "Cruzer" in the primaries, I should have been offended?  Who knew?   :shrug:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #397 on: August 23, 2017, 09:25:10 pm »

That's a pantload, AC and you know it.  You wouldn't think twice about calling somebody a "Cruzer," the primary difference being the supporter of Cruz wouldn't take the slightest offense to it.  "Trumper" is the biggest flop of a pejorative I've ever seen.  I'd insist they do better if they want to insult me.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #398 on: August 23, 2017, 09:26:13 pm »
So, when I was called a "Cruzer" in the primaries, I should have been offended?  Who knew?   :shrug:

That's why your guy was a "looser," loser.   ****slapping 888high58888
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #399 on: August 23, 2017, 09:30:27 pm »
Hmmm, Trumper is a slur, but NeverTrumper is not, verrry interrresting

Hmm. Brought up an interesting point. I'll take a stab.

Couple of points. This is all from memory, but didn't National Review declare themselves NeverTrump. So, as a group of conservatives and republicans who have taken that stance, how best to refer to them?

Donald Trump is one person who sought the voting public's support and got it.

I buy a magazine. I support a president.

Sorry, best I can do at the moment.