Author Topic: Replacing the Republican Party  (Read 35256 times)

Offline corbe

Re: Replacing the Republican Party
« Reply #325 on: August 23, 2017, 06:07:21 pm »
You know @Emjay  that "Trump lovers" shit is really getting old.  "Trump supporters" would be appropriate --- unless you're actually trying to carry the anger from the primaries through eternity --- and I've come to know you're better than this.

Having said that, I'll take a shot about Cruz. First, Cruz isn't kryptonite to anyone or anything.  So, let's get that out of the way. 

For most Trump supporters, Cruz was not an issue during the primaries, and neither was Bush, Rubio, Kasich, et al.  This was as any other primary season, a time to choose a favorite son (or daughter). There were bruises from some fierce battles in support of the top two candidates.  As it turned out, Trump was the passionate street fighter while Cruz kept misfiring, badly. 

Cruz, all by himself, made enemies out of frenemies at the convention with his refusal to support the candidate and his "vote your conscience" BS.  I know many folks who are still reeling from that ... and who now believe "Lyin' Ted" was more than a sharpened political club.  They firmly believe it is true; not because of any political rhetoric coming from Trump, but because of the tantrum Cruz chose to throw---in public, when it mattered most.

But he did come around toward the end of the national campaign (as his big donors demanded) and the bruises were healing.  That healing would be complete by now if NTs would stop using Ted Cruz's spectacular loss against Trump, his victory and his supporters.

We're ready, willing and able to reengage with Cruz .... all the NTs need to do is get the hell out of the way.

BS @Right_in_Virginia though a very thoughtful post explaining that Trumpers are ready to move on and 'heel' (sic) any Cruz thread on TOS proves otherwise, as it quickly devolves into a hatefest, STILL!
    Look, I'm ok with it all, we just have a difference of opinion and we are adult enough to accept that and pretend we love each other.

:beer:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #326 on: August 23, 2017, 06:11:06 pm »
If you are not a social conservative, then you cannot claim to be a conservative at all.

Malarkey. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #327 on: August 23, 2017, 06:12:13 pm »
Baloney
Go eat some more Oscar Mayer if that's what you enjoy.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #328 on: August 23, 2017, 06:12:42 pm »
   BS @Right_in_Virginia though a very thoughtful post explaining that Trumpers are ready to move on and 'heel' (sic) any Cruz thread on TOS proves otherwise, as it quickly devolves into a hatefest, STILL!
    Look, I'm ok with it all, we just have a difference of opinion and we are adult enough to accept that and pretend we love each other.

:beer:

@corbe
Weren't you just posting yesterday about showing respect for each other and stopping with the sniping?

I swear I saw you post something like that but I could be wrong.

yet you continue with the 'trumpers' labels and similar crap.   Guess that didn't last long.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #329 on: August 23, 2017, 06:12:56 pm »
Malarkey.
The Massachusetts Senator?  I don't think of him as conservative.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 06:13:15 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #330 on: August 23, 2017, 06:14:08 pm »
You are aware that @Emjay supports Trump, are you not?  Weird attack.

You do realize @Sanguine that not every opinion is an "attack", weird or otherwise.

As for attacking @Emjay , I wasn't... I was surprised by her using such a favorite and derogatory NT adjective.

I hope this clears it up for you @Sanguine ... I've got a meeting scheduled, so I must log off.  If you misunderstand anything else in my post, I'll be happy to explain, when time permits.   :seeya:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #331 on: August 23, 2017, 06:15:02 pm »
Agreed the whole system is corrupt, but we certainly aren't going to fix things from the top down, but rather from the bottom up, though the amount of corruption may even prohibit that. 

The most important thing stated on this thread.

Too bad most do not recognize that truth and think monarchy or dictatorship is the answer, even they do not use those words to describe what they want.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #332 on: August 23, 2017, 06:17:33 pm »
Cruz, all by himself, made enemies out of frenemies at the convention with his refusal to support the candidate and his "vote your conscience" BS. 

I've always been fascinated by that attitude from my friends who are "Trump Supporters."  How could they think anything other than voting for Trump was "voting your conscience?"  Is that an admission that for some folks voting for Trump would violate that conscience?

Have the courage of your convictions.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #333 on: August 23, 2017, 06:18:32 pm »
The most important thing stated on this thread.

Too bad most do not recognize that truth and think monarchy or dictatorship is the answer, even they do not use those words to describe what they want.

@INVAR
Yet you think we can tear the system down and rebuild it from the ground up and will achieve a Constitutional Republic.   A dictatorship is far more likely.

Online libertybele

« Reply #334 on: August 23, 2017, 06:18:53 pm »
You know @Emjay  that "Trump lovers" shit is really getting old.  "Trump supporters" would be appropriate --- unless you're actually trying to carry the anger from the primaries through eternity --- and I've come to know you're better than this.

Having said that, I'll take a shot about Cruz. First, Cruz isn't kryptonite to anyone or anything.  So, let's get that out of the way. 

For most Trump supporters, Cruz was not an issue during the primaries, and neither was Bush, Rubio, Kasich, et al.  This was as any other primary season, a time to choose a favorite son (or daughter). There were bruises from some fierce battles in support of the top two candidates.  As it turned out, Trump was the passionate street fighter while Cruz kept misfiring, badly. 

Cruz, all by himself, made enemies out of frenemies at the convention with his refusal to support the candidate and his "vote your conscience" BS.  I know many folks who are still reeling from that ... and who now believe "Lyin' Ted" was more than a sharpened political club.  They firmly believe it is true; not because of any political rhetoric coming from Trump, but because of the tantrum Cruz chose to throw---in public, when it mattered most.

But he did come around toward the end of the national campaign (as his big donors demanded) and the bruises were healing.  That healing would be complete by now if NTs would stop using Ted Cruz's spectacular loss against Trump, his victory and his supporters.

We're ready, willing and able to reengage with Cruz .... all the NTs need to do is get the hell out of the way.

Ted was true to his word and I certainly admired the heck out of him for his "vote your conscious" stance.  Without Cruz standing behind Trump at the very end; Trump would have lost.  I have absolutely no doubt...and yes Cruz was concerned about 2 things; defeating Hillary and seating a conservative justice.  Thanks, Ted!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #335 on: August 23, 2017, 06:21:12 pm »
@corbe
Weren't you just posting yesterday about showing respect for each other and stopping with the sniping?

yet you continue with the 'trumpers' labels and similar crap.   Guess that didn't last long.

Yes @driftdiver that was me with multiple posting about the increasing level of vitriol the last few days,  I was unaware that 'Trumpers' was a snip or a foul word or even that some, such as you, would find that word, offensive.  It's just a label, I did not mean it to be offensive. Had Sen. Cruz won the election I would not find it offensive at all to be 'labeled' a Cruzer.

Is this a word I need to put on my non PC list like negro and queer?   
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #336 on: August 23, 2017, 06:21:49 pm »
@corbe

You're getting bent out of shape because of the word "trumpers"?

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #337 on: August 23, 2017, 06:23:01 pm »

Did I rattle my zipper?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #338 on: August 23, 2017, 06:23:29 pm »
I've always been fascinated by that attitude from my friends who are "Trump Supporters."  How could they think anything other than voting for Trump was "voting your conscience?"  Is that an admission that for some folks voting for Trump would violate that conscience?

Have the courage of your convictions.

I'm always amazed that people have such short term memories to the fact that Trump was the one who originally said he wouldn't honor that stupid loyalty pledge in the first place.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #339 on: August 23, 2017, 06:23:58 pm »

Yes @driftdiver that was me with multiple posting about the increasing level of vitriol the last few days,  I was unaware that 'Trumpers' was a snip or a foul word or even that some, such as you, would find that word, offensive.  It's just a label, I did not mean it to be offensive. Had Sen. Cruz won the election I would not find it offensive at all to be 'labeled' a Cruzer.

Is this a word I need to put on my non PC list like negro and queer?

@corbe
Pretty much what I expected.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #340 on: August 23, 2017, 06:24:25 pm »

Indeed.  I've heard them called much worse and it got by the Mods.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #341 on: August 23, 2017, 06:25:27 pm »
Did I rattle my zipper?

I didn't realize you were so thin skinned about such things.  Seems odd.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #342 on: August 23, 2017, 06:27:07 pm »
I didn't realize you were so thin skinned about such things.  Seems odd.

Thats funny coming from you considering you run to the mods at the slightest provocation.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #343 on: August 23, 2017, 06:29:12 pm »
I'm always amazed that people have such short term memories to the fact that Trump was the one who originally said he wouldn't honor that stupid loyalty pledge in the first place.

I'm just applying a little logic.  I cannot fathom why Trump folks were so angry about what Cruz said in his convention speech.

Frankly, I don't think he said "vote your conscience" rather than "vote for Donald" because he was trying to be an A-hole.  I think it was because he was mindful of the fact that his own job is on the line, and he needed to keep his street cred with his voters in TX.  He barely got in in the first place, like a wildcard playoff birth in Baseball.
I will NOT comply.

Offline corbe

« Reply #344 on: August 23, 2017, 06:30:10 pm »
Thats funny coming from you considering you run to the mods at the slightest provocation.

I think you've got @RoosGirl confused with someone else @driftdiver and if she does do that she certainly doesn't discuss in Forum, like some here.

@INVAR great Thread, had it's moments yesterday when the usual gang pissed off that Mod, but other than that, thanks for sharing this.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #345 on: August 23, 2017, 06:31:25 pm »

I've reported something once in the year I've been here and it was some general remark about Jews if I am remembering correctly, not aimed at me.  Try again.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #346 on: August 23, 2017, 06:32:52 pm »
I'm just applying a little logic.  I cannot fathom why Trump folks were so angry about what Cruz said in his convention speech.

Frankly, I don't think he said "vote your conscience" rather than "vote for Donald" because he was trying to be an A-hole.  I think it was because he was mindful of the fact that his own job is on the line, and he needed to keep his street cred with his voters in TX.  He barely got in in the first place, like a wildcard playoff birth in Baseball.

They are upset because Ted didn't kiss Donald's ring. 

Ted was smart he knew this was going to be a contentious race that most people weren't happy with Trump being on the ticket and IMHO he said what he did in order to get people out to cast a vote...whether it was for Castle...Cruz...Trump or Bauer to keep Hillary from winning because they chose to stay at home in larger numbers than they did with McCain or Romney.

But Trump and his followers are too short sighted to understand that.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #347 on: August 23, 2017, 06:37:13 pm »
You do realize @Sanguine that not every opinion is an "attack", weird or otherwise.

As for attacking @Emjay , I wasn't... I was surprised by her using such a favorite and derogatory NT adjective.

I hope this clears it up for you @Sanguine ... I've got a meeting scheduled, so I must log off.  If you misunderstand anything else in my post, I'll be happy to explain, when time permits.   :seeya:

Wow, RIV.  Maximum snark attack!

But, don't worry your pretty little head; I understood much more than you would like.

Oh, and a tip:  if you can't handle comments on your posts, don't post them.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 06:39:46 pm by Sanguine »

Online libertybele

« Reply #348 on: August 23, 2017, 06:37:59 pm »
@INVAR
Yet you think we can tear the system down and rebuild it from the ground up and will achieve a Constitutional Republic.   A dictatorship is far more likely.

I believe the attempt for a dictatorship has already been started and is/was the objective of Bammy, Clinton, Soros, etc.; tearing down the system from the resulting in a dictatorship.  We have more conservative governors than we've had in a long time and many states now have conservative legislatures.  I believe right now those conservative governors and those conservative state legislators are the 'glue' that is holding this country together. They far outnumber the likes of of McConnell, Ryan, McCain, etc., and certainly aren't doing us any favors. There are approximately  7,383 state legislators vs. 535 members of Congress. Imagine if the conservative governors and conservative legislators made an exit from the GOP and joined up with the Constitution party. I see that scenario as more of a possibility in order to combat a dictatorship rather than create one.  The DEMS and the RINO's have slowly tried to increase their powers within Congress meanwhile trying to strip the rights away from the states and ultimately the people.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #349 on: August 23, 2017, 06:39:39 pm »
Wow, RIV.  Maximum snark attack!

But, don't worry your pretty little head; I understood much more than you would like.

Oh, and a tip:  if you don't want comments on your posts, don't post them.

888high58888