Author Topic: Replacing the Republican Party  (Read 35251 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Replacing the Republican Party
« Reply #100 on: August 22, 2017, 04:02:04 pm »
That depends entirely upon one's definition of 'winning'.
I certainly do not suppose that supporting Republican liberalism is winning in any sense.

By definition of winning I am ultimately referring to winning the Presidency of the United States. The fact still remains  that you could have numerous sitting senators and representatives exiting the Republican party and running as candidates under the umbrella of the Constitution Party; but do you not think that others would try to fill their vacated seat?  If by chance we do get a 3rd party president; Congress still would have seats filled by undesirable politicians that the new president would have to deal with.  That's reality.

Years ago, many wanted Dr. Ron Paul to run 3rd party and he refused to do so as he stated that his chances of winning were better under the Republican umbrella.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2017, 04:06:56 pm »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2017, 04:11:05 pm »
By definition of winning I am ultimately referring to winning the Presidency of the United States.

Conservatives do not support a monarchy or imperial presidency - despite the fact the vast majority of the population and both party leaderships do.

As we have had shoved right into our faces, 'winning the presidency', the House and Senate is worthless and useless as far as furthering Conservative principles with the GOP.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #103 on: August 22, 2017, 04:14:39 pm »
Conservatives do not support a monarchy or imperial presidency - despite the fact the vast majority of the population and both party leaderships do.

As we have had shoved right into our faces, 'winning the presidency', the House and Senate is worthless and useless as far as furthering Conservative principles with the GOP.

Pro-Life Conservatives do, President Trump has already made accomplishments in this and Planned Parenthood would have been defunded had the Senate had it together.

There is no proof that you are speaking for conservatism.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #104 on: August 22, 2017, 04:17:04 pm »

Exactly right. 'winning' is the culmination of years of the 'lesser evil'... A liberal Republican in a chaotic, will-o-wisp White House, and a toothless Congress that can't find it's ass with either hand.

That's what winning for winning's sake brings.

True winning is something that advances one's principles, not popularity and pragmatism.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2017, 04:20:27 pm »
We have the most pro-life President ever.

A pro-life justice. Power turned back to the states to defund planned parenthood, planned parenthood defunded if not for the Senate.  International agencies defunded $12 billion dollars. Trump has done well with the Evangelical vote.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2017, 04:21:31 pm »

Definitely not what I was implying whatsoever.  Those in the House and Senate are very valuable in further conservative principles within the GOP. IMHO right now those conservative governors and conservatives congressmen at the state level are in large party who's holding this country together  This article is referencing replacing the party.  I'm merely pointing out that they have to be replaced with someone; someone willing to take their seats once vacated.  There is no guarantee that the same politician vacating a seat would win under a different party.  I've seen a couple instances where just the opposite has taken place. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #107 on: August 22, 2017, 04:23:14 pm »
Exactly right. 'winning' is the culmination of years of the 'lesser evil'... A liberal Republican in a chaotic, will-o-wisp White House, and a toothless Congress that can't find it's ass with either hand.

That's what winning for winning's sake brings.

True winning is something that advances one's principles, not popularity and pragmatism.

Of course, but winning to advance one's principles in this case is to ultimately win the presidency and to increase the conservative influx in Congress.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #108 on: August 22, 2017, 04:26:28 pm »
We have the most pro-life President ever.

A pro-life justice. Power turned back to the states to defund planned parenthood, planned parenthood defunded if not for the Senate.  International agencies defunded $12 billion dollars. Trump has done well with the Evangelical vote.

You're freaking delusional and your propaganda is meaningless.

We know Trump is your political messiah.

He is not ours, and neither is the party he infiltrated and made his own.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2017, 04:29:14 pm »
Definitely not what I was implying whatsoever.  Those in the House and Senate are very valuable in further conservative principles within the GOP. IMHO right now those conservative governors and conservatives congressmen at the state level are in large party who's holding this country together  This article is referencing replacing the party.  I'm merely pointing out that they have to be replaced with someone; someone willing to take their seats once vacated.  There is no guarantee that the same politician vacating a seat would win under a different party.  I've seen a couple instances where just the opposite has taken place.

It is time to separate and be done with them.    You're arguing the same thing the Loyalists were back in the 1770s.

No more Olive Branch Petitions.  No more prostrations before the leadership.   No more trying to 'work within the system to change it'.

It is diseased and corrupt to the core.  There is no saving it without further spreading the infection to others.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2017, 04:29:45 pm »

We know Trump is your political messiah.

He is not ours, and neither is the party he infiltrated and made his own.

I will accept your vitriolic words and personal attacks if it furthers the pro-life cause. I see you said nothing on the issue but just glossed over them.  It is your position that is dubious. I consider myself a pro-lifer and object heartily to your saying he is my messiah. Trump won the Evangelical vote big time.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #111 on: August 22, 2017, 04:35:48 pm »
It is time to separate and be done with them.    You're arguing the same thing the Loyalists were back in the 1770s.

No more Olive Branch Petitions.  No more prostrations before the leadership.   No more trying to 'work within the system to change it'.

It is diseased and corrupt to the core.  There is no saving it without further spreading the infection to others.

@INVAR
You sound just like Obama.   You must break the system if you want to rebuild it.   At least he realizes that if you break our existing system it sure won't be replaced with one adhering to Constitutional provisions.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #112 on: August 22, 2017, 04:36:05 pm »
"Bible obsessives"

As if that's an insult.  I WISH I was more obsessed with the Bible.

You'd think he'd have learned from the epic fail when he called us "bitter clingers".
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #113 on: August 22, 2017, 04:36:13 pm »
http://home.conservativepartyusa.org/

There are conservative parties in New York, New Jersey, Virginia and S. Carolina. In New York it splits between endorsing Republican candidates and running its own, mostly the former.
And there were the parties of McMuffin, and of Castle.

As stated previously they managed under 1 million votes, which was also under ONE percent.

Those are already established parties. The Libertarian Party was also mentioned HERE, during the campaign and it got far more votes than the two previously mentioned. Thirteen candidates competed for that existing party's nomination, including pothead Johnson.

It would be anther brilliant idea, to split the center-right votes into many small buckets, for every "principle."

The only things LESS EFFECTIVE, than the GOP are those 3rd/4th parties.

Constitution Party founded 1991. McMuffin was independent. Perrenial gadboy Tom Hoefling contested for the Constitution Party nomination, but lost to Castle.

Ross Perot may have cost the GOP the Presidency in 1992, giving Clinton his start. Buchanan could have cost the GOP the Presidency in 2000, Florida.

Oh wait we're not supposed to focus on the "principle" of winning.

Most of this is a bunch of silliness. Does Hoefling even have a job?

Time for kooks to double, triple their efforts to secure ballot status, however. Even quadruple. 

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #114 on: August 22, 2017, 04:40:44 pm »
I will accept your vitriolic words and personal attacks if it furthers the pro-life cause. I see you said nothing on the issue but just glossed over them.

The OP has absolutely NOTHING to do with abortion or Trump's position on it.  You said NOTHING in regards to the OP Codevilla wrote. 

You are not hijacking my thread with your ad nauseum pontifications about Trump being the messiah for the unborn.

I consider myself a pro-lifer and object heartily to your saying he is my messiah. Trump won the Evangelical vote big time.

Your own words and pandering about Trump as some kind of warrior for the unborn hardly belay my assertion.  You bought into a false prophet.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #115 on: August 22, 2017, 04:43:20 pm »

Now THERE's an example of projection. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #116 on: August 22, 2017, 04:43:47 pm »
Pro-Life Conservatives do, President Trump has already made accomplishments in this and Planned Parenthood would have been defunded had the Senate had it together.

There is no proof that you are speaking for conservatism.

There is no proof your Lord Trump is what you say he is either.

Continuing to repeat the lie won't change reality.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline TomSea

« Reply #117 on: August 22, 2017, 04:43:59 pm »
The OP has absolutely NOTHING to do with abortion or Trump's position on it.  You said NOTHING in regards to the OP Codevilla wrote. 

You are not hijacking my thread with your ad nauseum pontifications about Trump being the messiah for the unborn.

Your own words and pandering about Trump as some kind of warrior for the unborn hardly belay my assertion.  You bought into a false prophet.

Excuse me, this Codevilla is asserting the GOP needs to be replaced.

They are the biggest political pro-life supporters around, so if this idiot Codevilla says the GOP should be replaced, then, he should have to deal with it.

First you tried bullying, then personal attacks and now you are showing cowardice by trying to say it is off-topic. Sorry, the mods can tell me that if that is so. I won't take your words for it.

There is no reason to believe you are a Conservative.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 04:46:32 pm by TomSea »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #118 on: August 22, 2017, 04:44:54 pm »
I will accept your vitriolic words and personal attacks if it furthers the pro-life cause. I see you said nothing on the issue but just glossed over them.  It is your position that is dubious. I consider myself a pro-lifer and object heartily to your saying he is my messiah. Trump won the Evangelical vote big time.

Repeat a lie often enough.  **nononono*
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #119 on: August 22, 2017, 04:47:58 pm »
Right now it translates into a lack of votes and no mandate.
How else to explain a 'winning' 26% of the population where well more than 60% of that total population declares itself Conservative?

There are far more Conservatives standing outside of the Republican party than in it.
If it were about votes, y'all would be serving Conservatism.
A poll I saw recently, 15% of self-identifying "conservatives," voted for Hillary. So that overused word, means many things to different people.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #120 on: August 22, 2017, 04:48:41 pm »
An alternative to the Republican party will take time.  I probably won't see it in my lifetime.  I don't even know if we could get to the point of enough votes for the federal matching funding, which IMO is the first crucial step.

So, pick the slightly worse choice (do what's "best" for ME), or vote principle even though I'll never see the end result?  It's a tough choice.

I will say there's only one side that thinks insulting me is going to win me over, and that's having the exact opposite effect.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #121 on: August 22, 2017, 04:49:16 pm »
A poll I saw recently, 15% of self-identifying "conservatives," voted for Hillary. So that overused word, means many things to different people.

And exit polls in 2004 had Kerry winning in a landslide.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #122 on: August 22, 2017, 04:49:31 pm »
Repeat a lie often enough.  **nononono*

@txradioguy
You don't have rubbish,  so you do a personal attack.

Seeing the other fake conservatives, you may be applauded but it doesn't change the fact,

Trump is prolife and many voters voted for that and Trump has excelled at that.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #123 on: August 22, 2017, 04:51:25 pm »
An alternative to the Republican party will take time.  I probably won't see it in my lifetime.  I don't even know if we could get to the point of enough votes for the federal matching funding, which IMO is the first crucial step.

So, pick the slightly worse choice (do what's "best" for ME), or vote principle even though I'll never see the end result?  It's a tough choice.

I will say there's only one side that thinks insulting me is going to win me over, and that's having the exact opposite effect.

Conservatives are supposed to be the Christians ones but we all need to show more grace
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #124 on: August 22, 2017, 04:52:27 pm »

Nearly seven in ten evangelicals voted for Trump. That doesn't look too good for values voters, does it?

I guess American Christianity must be facing a crisis of conscience, given so many evangelicals voted for amorality and sin when they pulled the lever for Trump.  *****rollingeyes*****

How do I come up with this stuff? The authorities right here who know with certainty how Christ would have voted.