Author Topic: Replacing the Republican Party  (Read 34936 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Replacing the Republican Party
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2017, 01:58:41 pm »
@Mom MD
Good question and I think its because its led by globalists.    They have gotten the majority based on conservative candidates with traditional American ideals but those candidates don't hold the reins.   Its people like McCain, McConnell, Ryan that need to be replaced.   Many of the leaders at the local level believe in the conservative agenda.  I've spoken with some of them and know it first hand.

And if you had spoken with McConnell, McCain and Ryan a year ago they would have told you that Ocare repeal was paramount and would be accomplished.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2017, 01:59:36 pm »
It may not work, but supporting a party that no longer supports us is not working out so well either.

Exactly and Amen Mom.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2017, 01:59:57 pm »
Exactly. The leaders of the party are not conservative.  Therefore the party is no longer conservative.  I would love it if real conservatives could take our ball and go play somewhere else.  It may not work, but supporting a party that no longer supports us is not working out so well either.

@Mom MD
I think thats overstating it.   The party is not just the leaders but is a compilation of all the members.   Is it off course, yes.  Has it been corrupted, certainly.   But there is no other place to play ball.   At least nothing that has a hope of actually making a difference.   

Its easy to get conservatives to fight.  This place demonstrates that on a daily basis.    While we are fighting with each other they continue to push their globalist agenda.

I think its time to stand up and take it back.  Get rid of the liars like Ryan.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline endicom

« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2017, 02:01:31 pm »
http://home.conservativepartyusa.org/

There are conservative parties in New York, New Jersey, Virginia and S. Carolina. In New York it splits between endorsing Republican candidates and running its own, mostly the former.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2017, 02:02:29 pm »
@INVAR
I've never seen you propose a solution.  Only that you are fighting it.  If you spent half as much energy helping to make it better you might actually accomplish something.

Thirty years trying to make it better. Including cold calls to businesses, raising fortunes.
Bupkis.
I too refuse to continue to enable to Republican party. <SPIT!>
Done. Never another penny.
And I too am figuring out how to diametrically oppose, in the same fashion as I already oppose Democrats. Neither party even remotely stands for what I believe in.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2017, 02:02:59 pm »
Exactly and Amen Mom.

@INVAR
And what is YOUR solution?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2017, 02:04:53 pm »
@Mom MD
I think thats overstating it.   The party is not just the leaders but is a compilation of all the members.   Is it off course, yes.  Has it been corrupted, certainly.   But there is no other place to play ball.   At least nothing that has a hope of actually making a difference.   

Its easy to get conservatives to fight.  This place demonstrates that on a daily basis.    While we are fighting with each other they continue to push their globalist agenda.

While I would love to do that, even if we could dump Ryan would it help?  Who is in line for his spot?  It would take a major political revolution to reclaim the republican party. As much as it is painful to admit it we are kept on the plantation as much as the democrats keep the black voters on the plantation. We HAVE to vote for our abusers because democrats.  Or because Hillary.  Or because (fill in the blank)  The leadership of the republicans known that conservatives have no where else to go, so they can count on us and can ignore us.  Until that changes, nothing else will.
God is still in control

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2017, 02:05:18 pm »
Is it off course, yes.  Has it been corrupted, certainly.   But there is no other place to play ball.   At least nothing that has a hope of actually making a difference.   

Your party is only making a difference for Democrats and Liberal Statism while eschewing Conservative principles.

I'm done practicing insanity.

The rules were rewritten to PREVENT any possible 'taking back' of the party by Conservatives or the grassroots.  You were not paying any attention, at all. 

@INVAR
And what is YOUR solution?

I already told you up above.  Once again, you ignored it.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2017, 02:07:02 pm »
The party's resiliency is apparent;  within the last decade it has undergone two "counterrevolutions" to Reaganism, first the TEA party and most recently the Trump phenomenon -  two movements without, it would appear, a whole lot in common, yet the party now claims the majority of seats at the national and state levels.

Trump and the Republican party have *NOTHING* in common with the TEA party or with Reagan.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2017, 02:07:51 pm »
This is so tiresome.  How long are those opposed to the Republican Party going to indulge their need to swim in the spit of self-righteous anger?

What the hell do you propose?  And what's your plan for turning your proposal into a successful and meaningful reality?

We're listening.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2017, 02:08:32 pm »
Exactly. The leaders of the party are not conservative.  Therefore the party is no longer conservative.  I would love it if real conservatives could take our ball and go play somewhere else.  It may not work, but supporting a party that no longer supports us is not working out so well either.

After the crap they pulled at last year's convention I'm done with the national republican party after 40 odd years of work in the trenches on it's behave!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2017, 02:11:08 pm »
This is so tiresome.  How long are those opposed to the Republican Party going to indulge their need to swim in the spit of self-righteous anger?

What the hell do you propose?  And what's your plan for turning your proposal into a successful and meaningful reality?

We're listening.

In my case, no longer having any official position within the party frees me to speak my mind on ANY subject at any time and that is EXACTLY what I intend to do!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2017, 02:11:57 pm »

We're listening.

If the republican party represents your ideas and philosophy then by all means swim in the sewer of your creation.  Your post is exactly whats wrong with the party - it does not share our values, it does not act to further conservative policy, but just get overyourselves and get back on the bus.  A lot of us are through with returning to the abuser hoping they will treat us better next time. While I may not win in the long run at least I will not have licked the boots of the political elite that do not represent me or my interests.  You have won and you got what you voted for - if you like it fine. But don't ask the rest of us to celebrate it.
God is still in control

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2017, 02:12:07 pm »
Trump and the Republican party have *NOTHING* in common with the TEA party or with Reagan.

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2017, 02:15:05 pm »

We're listening.

Your post recalled for me an oft repeated proverb: Better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2017, 02:16:27 pm »
Putting Trump and Hillary side by side.....who's the "Unabashed Americanism" candidate/POTUS?

Neither one.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2017, 02:17:12 pm »
Your post recalled for me an oft repeated proverb: Better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.

That's probably the same mindset that the Whigs had right before the Republican Party was created and relegated the Whigs to the ash heap of history.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2017, 02:17:54 pm »
If the GOP is in ascendency and is THE platform for conservatives, then why praytell does it do nothing to advance the conservative agenda?  They control the white house, senate, house and a majority of the governorships but have failed to pass any of the conservative agenda. That leaves 2 conclusions. They are either not really conservative, or they are ineffective.  I tend to think both are true.

The answer is neither.   Because of unbending Dem resistance,  the GOP must achieve near-unanimity to pass legislation on its own.   Getting 50 Senators to agree on complex legislation is easier said than done.  But you'd prefer to disown the GOP, thinking that acting like a drama queen will somehow achieve results amenable to conservatives.  That's simply nuts, and a classic example of cutting off your nose to spite your face.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2017, 02:23:03 pm »
The answer is neither.   Because of unbending Dem resistance,  the GOP must achieve near-unanimity to pass legislation on its own.   Getting 50 Senators to agree on complex legislation is easier said than done.  But you'd prefer to disown the GOP, thinking that acting like a drama queen will somehow achieve results amenable to conservatives.  That's simply nuts, and a classic example of cutting off your nose to spite your face.   

Im the furthest thing from a drama queen but thanks for the compliment.  And you would love conservatives to continue supporting the party as it is, because it upholds all your values and agenda.  As far as needing 50 senators to agree - the democrats can and do do it all the time because they practice discipline and stick to the party line.  The republicans could do that if they actually wanted to pass a conservative agenda. But since the party is no longer conservative, they will never stick together to pass a conservative agenda - you may as well ask the democrats to enact law to make abortion illegal.  The republican party is not conservative and does not represent those that are.  Period.
God is still in control

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2017, 02:23:14 pm »

I AM lighting a candle... in the Constitution Party.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2017, 02:26:31 pm »

Do you see a lit candle?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2017, 02:30:07 pm »
Im the furthest thing from a drama queen but thanks for the compliment.  And you would love conservatives to continue supporting the party as it is, because it upholds all your values and agenda.  As far as needing 50 senators to agree - the democrats can and do do it all the time because they practice discipline and stick to the party line.  The republicans could do that if they actually wanted to pass a conservative agenda. But since the party is no longer conservative, they will never stick together to pass a conservative agenda - you may as well ask the democrats to enact law to make abortion illegal.  The republican party is not conservative and does not represent those that are.  Period.

That is precisely right. The democratic party marches in lockstep, with a far more diverse rule set that changes all the time. They serve their most liberal elements with a service close to religion...

Republicans have but a simple set of principles to uphold - brilliant truths, easy to promote - And while it plays lip service during election season, it actually serves the moderate left.

What could be done if Republicans had the zeal for their principles that democrats do?

Liberalism is not winning on merit. It has no merit. Liberalism is winning because it has no opposition.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2017, 02:34:23 pm »
  And you would love conservatives to continue supporting the party as it is, because it upholds all your values and agenda. 

Maintaining the status quo is what got us into this mess in the first place.  Go along to get along has brought us two parties that you'd have a hard time telling the difference between.

The Dems used to have Conservative members as well.  But the 60's radicals took complete control and ran them off.  Zell Miller speaking at the GOP convention signaled the end of any whiff of conservatism or adherence to the Constitution in the Democrat Party.

McConnell's comment about crushing the TEA Party signaled the end of Conservatism and the need for Conservatives in the Republican Party.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2017, 02:34:26 pm »
Im the furthest thing from a drama queen but thanks for the compliment. 

A lot of us are through with returning to the abuser hoping they will treat us better next time.

You are a drama queen extraordinaire,  and I cannot take what you say seriously.   But go on, join the Constitution party and marginalize yourself.   We need pragmatic conservatives in the GOP, ones willing to compromise when necessary with centrists,  not those who want to take their marbles and go home because the GOP cannot exert "party discipline" to keep all 50 Senators in line for YOUR social conservative agenda.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline corbe

« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2017, 02:37:54 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.