Author Topic: Replacing the Republican Party  (Read 34935 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Replacing the Republican Party
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2017, 01:09:19 pm »
:bigsilly:

That's all you've got lately, @Oceander

What part of @aligncare 's post did you think hilarious?  Pray tell? 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2017, 01:10:09 pm »
That's all you've got lately, @Oceander

What part of @aligncare 's post did you think hilarious?  Pray tell? 

That's all aligncare (and you) merit. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2017, 01:10:56 pm »
And that has done what exactly to move us back from the brink of the Liberals dream of Utopia in America?

Even with those numbers we can't get enough state houses to vote for an Article V convention.  By your numbers it should be a cake walk.

Yet here we are being told our best option is to let the Republicans govern as Democrat lite because "it's the only way".

The fact of GOP majorities is not a call for radicalism.   It is a call for effective government,  grounded in conservative principles, but not radicalism.   An Article V convention is radicalism. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2017, 01:11:00 pm »
That's right,

McConnell is not a camera or a microphone's friend.   He comes across to the public-at-large as a doddering, pitiful voice/face of the GOP.

Jesus.....even car shows know how to do it.   No Rosie O'Donnell's in bathing suits and heels walking around that Beemer.

But he has the power...and that's what counts.  He controls the money...he decides who gets it for their re-election and who doesn't.

Just look at how he's doing things down in Alabama and how he acted like a Mob Boss in Mississippi and Kentucky in 2014.

Until there is a serious campaign to oust him and send him back to Kentucky...not much is going to change in the U.S. Senate.

The reality is Mitch runs the place much in the same way Dingy Harry Reid did.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2017, 01:11:33 pm »
I marvel at the fact the party hacks and liberals here don't bother arguing the merits of Codevilla's essay, but rather do the same stupid and boring shit the Democrats do to anyone that doesn't march in lockstep with them.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2017, 01:11:38 pm »
That's all aligncare (and you) merit.

Sorry you feel that way.

....NOT!    *****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2017, 01:13:39 pm »
The fact of GOP majorities is not a call for radicalism.   It is a call for effective government,  grounded in conservative principles, but not radicalism.

There isn't much in the way of Conservative principles being employed in the Senate...House or much of anywhere these days.

And when it is employed by a state...you're the first one there to decry it's use.

Stop trying to play both ends of the field here. 

An Article V convention is radicalism.

Radicalism? Seriously?  It was given to us by the Founding Fathers in the Constitution for just this kind of scenario.

It seems that for you anything outside of the status quo is "radicalism".
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2017, 01:14:24 pm »
I marvel at the fact the party hacks and liberals here don't bother arguing the merits of Codevilla's essay, but rather do the same stupid and boring shit the Democrats do to anyone that doesn't march in lockstep with them.

It's the last pages of Animal Farm come to life.

Oceander

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2017, 01:14:51 pm »
Sorry you feel that way.

....NOT!    *****rollingeyes*****

Thank you for proving my point. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2017, 01:19:34 pm »
I supported Pres. Trump for his unabashed Americanism, his agenda, and his toughness. If you want to characterize that in a negative way, fine. But that doesn't describe me. I'm well aware of his shortcomings; but, I didn't vote for the perfect man, I voted for someone whom I believed spoke for me.

It helped also that I thought he would win against Hillary and her 'rat pack.  Turns out I was right.

It's sad, I'd pray that @Jazzhead  and @INVAR  may at some time, recognize the Christian values that the Trump administration is trying to follow, rather than negate that idea or call Muslims our friends and neighbors. I'd like to hear that said about Christians.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2017, 01:21:10 pm »
How's this working out for you now?

I'm sure that is exactly the same thing the Crown was asking the Continental Army in Valley Forge 1777-78

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2017, 01:22:13 pm »
It's sad, I'd pray that @Jazzhead  and @INVAR  may at some time, recognize the Christian values that the Trump administration is trying to follow, rather than negate that idea or call Muslims our friends and neighbors. I'd like to hear that said about Christians.

Why would I follow the advice of an Idolator who made a NY liberal Democrat his god and savior?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2017, 01:24:01 pm »
The crucial difference, now as 160 years ago, is that the New Party would cast aside its links to the establishment, would incorporate new concerns, and that it would mean what it said.

It would also be a litmus test for who was truly serious about moving us back towards following the Constitution and who was only giving it lip service at election time in order to get sent back to DC.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2017, 01:24:38 pm »

What "Christian values"?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2017, 01:33:55 pm »
What "Christian values"?

My God - I agree with both Txradioguy and INVAR!

Pray tell, TomSea - what Christian values does Donald Trump exemplify??   I see some common ground with conservative values  - but his connection with Christianity eludes me. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Oceander

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2017, 01:36:10 pm »

Pray tell, TomSea - what Christian values does Donald Trump exemplify??   I see some common ground with conservative values  - but his connection with Christianity eludes me. 

Why, he's more pro-life than Jesus, dontchaknow. 

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2017, 01:38:34 pm »

Country was Founded upon "Christian Values".   Constitution was written surely with "Christian Values".

Just steering the country back to the Constitution and enforcing current immigration laws are exemplification of those values.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2017, 01:38:53 pm »
I supported Pres. Trump for his unabashed Americanism, his agenda, and his toughness. If you want to characterize that in a negative way, fine. But that doesn't describe me, I'm well aware of his shortcomings. But, I didn't vote for the perfect man, I voted for someone whom I believed spoke for me.

It helped also that I thought he would win against Hillary and her 'rat pack.  Turns out I was right.

Unabashed Americanism?  Has he brought his manufacturing jobs (his line of clothing etc) back on US soil yet?  If he did I missed it.  He gives a lot of lip service to Americanism but I havent seen him put his money where his mouth is.
God is still in control

Offline libertybele

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2017, 01:42:17 pm »
I supported Pres. Trump for his unabashed Americanism, his agenda, and his toughness. If you want to characterize that in a negative way, fine. But that doesn't describe me, I'm well aware of his shortcomings. But, I didn't vote for the perfect man, I voted for someone whom I believed spoke for me.

So far ... Trump spewed what people wanted to hear (like many politicians).  Building a wall launched his campaign and it was a promise that he kept repeating throughout his campaign.  Obviously he didn't realize that he had to get $$ and approval by Congress to build that wall, nor did many of his supporters.  We have NO wall and NO $$ is included in the current budget and future budget for a wall.  Same with trade, illegal immigration, Muslim migration, repeal of Bammycare, etc. 

So far his ability to swing the 'art of the deal' has fallen flat.

He defeated Hillary and he appointed a conservative justice; thanks Ted.  Just sayin'.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 01:42:36 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2017, 01:45:39 pm »
Agreed.   It is frustrating to see the GOP fail to capitalize on its majorities in Congress and in state governments,  but the solution isn't nihilism.   The GOP remains in the ascendency,  and THE platform for those who favor conservative and Constitutionalist policies.   It is, however, like any large party, a coalition,  and that typically compels compromise and incremental change rather than that of the revolutionary variety.   

The party's resiliency is apparent;  within the last decade it has undergone two "counterrevolutions" to Reaganism, first the TEA party and most recently the Trump phenomenon -  two movements without, it would appear, a whole lot in common, yet the party now claims the majority of seats at the national and state levels.

The party's current difficulties have little to do with the fundamental soundness of conservative ideas,  but rather with the predictable reaction to Trump's cult of personality.   Trump commands loyalty and the ability to articulate a clear, simple set of priorities,  but the trajectory of his Presidency has been one of extreme polarization.    In any normal year, the GOP in Congress would have been able to reform the ACA,  but with unified Democratic opposition triangulation has become impossible and GOP leadership has unable (except for Gorsuch)  to achieve the absolute unanimity required to pass legislation in the face of such opposition.

A third party movement to replace the GOP would be destruction for its own sake, and a pivotal victory for liberalism.   

If the GOP is in ascendency and is THE platform for conservatives, then why praytell does it do nothing to advance the conservative agenda?  They control the white house, senate, house and a majority of the governorships but have failed to pass any of the conservative agenda. That leaves 2 conclusions. They are either not really conservative, or they are ineffective.  I tend to think both are true.
God is still in control

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2017, 01:45:57 pm »
Unabashed Americanism?  Has he brought his manufacturing jobs (his line of clothing etc) back on US soil yet?  If he did I missed it.  He gives a lot of lip service to Americanism but I havent seen him put his money where his mouth is.

Putting Trump and Hillary side by side.....who's the "Unabashed Americanism" candidate/POTUS?

Instead, of picking on something so petty, one must compare today's economic and environmental policies with the past eight years and then under a Hillary Clinton administration.

And if you STILL can't 'see' the truth in @aligncare 's post....then you need to address what's keeping you from it.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2017, 01:51:02 pm »
Putting Trump and Hillary side by side.....who's the "Unabashed Americanism" candidate/POTUS?

Instead, of picking on something so petty, one must compare today's economic and environmental policies with the past eight years and then under a Hillary Clinton administration.

And if you STILL can't 'see' the truth in @aligncare 's post....then you need to address what's keeping you from it.

Sorry @DCPatriot.  That doesn't fly.  I will give you that Trump is better than Hillary and even that Trump is more of a patriot than Hillary.   I even held my nose and voted for the guy so you can't accuse me of being NT.  But to say he exhibits unabashed Americanism is a bridge too far.  He gives lip service to a lot of things but his actions don't match.
God is still in control

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2017, 01:52:59 pm »
If the GOP is in ascendency and is THE platform for conservatives, then why praytell does it do nothing to advance the conservative agenda?  They control the white house, senate, house and a majority of the governorships but have failed to pass any of the conservative agenda. That leaves 2 conclusions. They are either not really conservative, or they are ineffective.  I tend to think both are true.

@Mom MD
Good question and I think its because its led by globalists.    They have gotten the majority based on conservative candidates with traditional American ideals but those candidates don't hold the reins.   Its people like McCain, McConnell, Ryan that need to be replaced.   Many of the leaders at the local level believe in the conservative agenda.  I've spoken with some of them and know it first hand.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2017, 01:56:10 pm »
@Mom MD
Good question and I think its because its led by globalists.    They have gotten the majority based on conservative candidates with traditional American ideals but those candidates don't hold the reins.   Its people like McCain, McConnell, Ryan that need to be replaced.   Many of the leaders at the local level believe in the conservative agenda.  I've spoken with some of them and know it first hand.

Exactly. The leaders of the party are not conservative.  Therefore the party is no longer conservative.  I would love it if real conservatives could take our ball and go play somewhere else.  It may not work, but supporting a party that no longer supports us is not working out so well either.
God is still in control

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2017, 01:57:08 pm »

McConnell told us to sit down and shut up and then said later that Conservatives in the Tea Party needed to get punched in the nose.  The GOP rewrote the rules to make sure the Conservative grassroots could never challenge the Establishment unless the candidates are groomed by the leadership itself.

The Rockefeller GOP is NOT Conservative and loathes us as much as the Democrats do, if not moreso.  Social Conservatives/Christians are an embarrassment that the party wishes would shut up and go away, except come election day.

If Conservatives want a voice in the future - they need to go elsewhere and start new, or our ideology will forever be rendered irrelevant.  The longer we are associated with the GOP, the more Conservative principles will be watered down into Liberalism.