Author Topic: Judge orders IRS to reveal who took part in Tea Party targeting  (Read 907 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Judge orders IRS to reveal who took part in Tea Party targeting
Fox News, Aug 21, 2017, Brooke Singman

A federal judge has ordered the Internal Revenue Service to release the names of specific employees involved in targeting Tea Party groups, after years of litigation over what conservatives have long called “chilling” behavior by one of the government’s “most feared” agencies.

Judge Reggie B. Walton of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia also said the IRS must provide information about which groups were targeted and why, along with a strategy to make sure such targeting doesn't happen again.

The IRS is involved in multiple lawsuits with conservative groups related to the Tea Party targeting scandal; this particular case involves True the Vote.

More:  http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/21/judge-orders-irs-to-reveal-who-took-part-in-tea-party-targeting.html

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Judge orders IRS to reveal who took part in Tea Party targeting
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 04:49:24 pm »
Just another example that we don't have any rights if we don't have the ability to sue the govt and wait 15 years.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 06:15:57 pm »
I applaud the Judge in this, but it bothers me we already know the Numbers One and Two miscreants in this matter, and they got off scot-free.  Lerner retired with a fat pension and Koskinan is still there.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 06:17:16 pm »
Just another example that we don't have any rights if we don't have the ability to sue the govt and wait 15 years.

^^^^This.

How many election cycles have passed since we found out the TEA Party has been hamstrung, with no way to collect funds?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
townhall
Matt Vespa |Posted: Aug 22, 2017 11:45 AM

[excerpt]

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2017/08/22/federal-judge-to-irs-reveal-the-names-of-those-who-targeted-conservative-organiz-n2371487

Well, the time has come for the Internal Revenue Service to name the specific employees that were targeting conservative groups. The government agency has been embroiled in controversy ever since it was revealed that certain groups were subjected to intense vetting concerning obtaining 501(c)(4) nonprofit status. Almost every group that was targeted was politically conservative in nature. Cortney wrote last year that in total, 426 groups were targeted. Even National Public Radio noted that the list was top heavy with conservative groups:

–62 had Tea Party or Tea Party Patriots in the name
 –An additional 14 had Patriots in the name
–30 groups had 9/12 or Liberty in the name (9/12 refers to groups inspired by conservative television personality Glenn Beck)
In all, 282 conservative groups were on the IRS list, about two-thirds of the total number of groups that got additional scrutiny.
The list also has 67 progressive organizations (16 percent of the total) and 21 nonpartisan civic groups, including three League of Women Voters chapters.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Perfect time for the DOJ to say 'do it now or go to jail.'
The Republic is lost.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
townhall
Matt Vespa |Posted: Aug 22, 2017 11:45 AM

[excerpt]

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2017/08/22/federal-judge-to-irs-reveal-the-names-of-those-who-targeted-conservative-organiz-n2371487

Well, the time has come for the Internal Revenue Service to name the specific employees that were targeting conservative groups. The government agency has been embroiled in controversy ever since it was revealed that certain groups were subjected to intense vetting concerning obtaining 501(c)(4) nonprofit status. Almost every group that was targeted was politically conservative in nature. Cortney wrote last year that in total, 426 groups were targeted. Even National Public Radio noted that the list was top heavy with conservative groups:

–62 had Tea Party or Tea Party Patriots in the name
 –An additional 14 had Patriots in the name
–30 groups had 9/12 or Liberty in the name (9/12 refers to groups inspired by conservative television personality Glenn Beck)
In all, 282 conservative groups were on the IRS list, about two-thirds of the total number of groups that got additional scrutiny.
The list also has 67 progressive organizations (16 percent of the total) and 21 nonpartisan civic groups, including three League of Women Voters chapters.

Another reason for a fair and/or flat tax.  The Internal Revenue Service has too much power and they don't use it well.

Citizens should not fear a government agency, but this one can and will kill them.

They killed my brother-in-law (by driving him to his grave)
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Another reason for a fair and/or flat tax.  The Internal Revenue Service has too much power and they don't use it well.

Citizens should not fear a government agency, but this one can and will kill them.

They killed my brother-in-law (by driving him to his grave)

Anything that includes the word income in it's title requires the continued existence of the IRS.  The fairtax absolutely does not!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Perfect time for the DOJ to say 'do it now or go to jail.'

:amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline kidd

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2017, 09:22:01 pm »

The IRS scandal started in 2011.
Lois Lerner was found to be in contempt of Congress in 2014, yet has not been sentenced, even though the DOJ has been GOP for 7 months.

Slow justice is not justice.