Author Topic: The Trump administration just disbanded a federal advisory committee on climate change  (Read 7000 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The Trump administration just disbanded a federal advisory committee on climate change
Washington Post, Aug 20, 2017, Juliet Eilperin

The Trump administration has decided to disband the federal advisory panel for the National Climate Assessment, a group aimed at helping policymakers and private-sector officials incorporate the government’s climate analysis into long-term planning.

The charter for the 15-person Advisory Committee for the Sustained National Climate Assessment — which includes academics as well as local officials and corporate representatives — expires Sunday. On Friday, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s acting administrator, Ben Friedman, informed the committee’s chair that the agency would not renew the panel.

More:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2017/08/20/the-trump-administration-just-disbanded-a-federal-advisory-committee-on-climate-change/?utm_term=.f321d17deb7f

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Hat tip @skeeter   ^-^

Offline skeeter

Hat tip @skeeter   ^-^

Admit it or not, this here's good news.

Oceander

Good move. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Wingnut

Wonderful.     :beer:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
This is one nice drain plug to pull.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
There Trump goes again, making another crazy move! Less tweet more of this please.
 :beer:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Good move.
Yep. Another bucket out of the swamp.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Wingnut

There Trump goes again, making another crazy move! Less tweet more of this please.
 :beer:

Wonder if algore knows about this?

Oceander

I would not go that far.

Wingnut

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Admit it or not, this here's good news.

And it's just one piece of good news that people will ignore because they would prefer to concentrate on saying Trump is nazi.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Oceander

A Coffee cup?

Trump doesn't have much interest in "draining the swamp" so the metaphor is inapt no matter what the size of the container. 

Offline RoosGirl

In actuality, ManBearPig probably loves this.  Gives him an excuse and more ammo to peddle his crap.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

In actuality, ManBearPig probably loves this.  Gives him an excuse and more ammo to peddle his crap.

Love the ManBearPIg appellation.  But, yes.  The more Gore is proven wrong, the more money he makes.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Wingnut

Love the ManBearPIg appellation.  But, yes.  The more Gore is proven wrong, the more money he makes.

I guess the royalties from him inventing the interweb just aren't a lucrative as we suspected...

Offline ConservativeGranny

No tears over the loss of that committee. A good move by Trump. I do wonder though with all of the other "volunteers" on these committees resigning left and right if it wasn't more of a pre-emptive strike to save face. Perhaps but I do believe that Trump isn't on board with climate change and neither am I so I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Online Smokin Joe

I would not go that far.
It's a really, really, big swamp. one bucketful isn't much in the grand scheme of things.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
It's a really, really, big swamp. one bucketful isn't much in the grand scheme of things.

A bucket out is better then a bucket in.   Good grief nothing is never good enough for you folks.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Incremental changes. Whether by the bucket full or covfefe cup, changes in the right direction. Their cumulative effect is something way more positive than the last 8 years of obama.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
This is more than likely good news unless the advisory panel was populated by true scientists who haven't drunk the global warming Kool-Aid and who want to bring true scientific data to the forefront. It would seem that the Trump administration -- an administration not known for harboring sacred cows -- would be the perfect (and perhaps only) place to bring forth a viewpoint different from the one which we are told we may not argue against.

Personally, I'd like to very publically blow a big hole in the notion that man-made climate change is settled science. And, Lord forgive me, but I want to see Al Gore and his ilk publically shamed.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
This is more than likely good news unless the advisory panel was populated by true scientists who haven't drunk the global warming Kool-Aid and who want to bring true scientific data to the forefront. It would seem that the Trump administration -- an administration not known for harboring sacred cows -- would be the perfect (and perhaps only) place to bring forth a viewpoint different from the one which we are told we may not argue against.

Personally, I'd like to very publically blow a big hole in the notion that man-made climate change is settled science. And, Lord forgive me, but I want to see Al Gore and his ilk publically shamed.

Well, if Trump wants a panel populated by true scientists who haven't drunk the global warming Kool-Aid and who want to bring true scientific data to the forefront, starting fresh with just such a panel would be the right move. Out with the old, in with the new.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

"A journey of 1,000 miles begins with one step."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

A bucket out is better then a bucket in.   Good grief nothing is never good enough for you folks.
My, but that is what I had said, about the bucket out of the swamp..

Nothing is ever good enough for YOU FOLKS.

You shitbirds are so ready to pull the trigger on people who say something good about Trump, you only ensure it is all the more difficult to be fair to the man. Piss off.

C S Lewis