Author Topic: Steven Mnuchin fires defiant message back at Yale classmates pressuring him to resign over Trump's Charlottesville comments  (Read 417 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Steven Mnuchin fires defiant message back at Yale classmates pressuring him to resign over Trump's Charlottesville comments
Washington Examiner, Aug 19, 2017, Daniel Chaitin

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin sent a defiant message Saturday to his more than 300 former Yale classmates who urged him to resign over President Trump's comments on the violence in Charlottesville, Va., telling the group that he stands by the president and won't back down.

"While I find it hard to believe I should have to defend myself on this, or the president, I feel compelled to let you know that the president in no way, shape or form, believes that neo-Nazi and other hate groups who endorse violence are equivalent to groups that demonstrate in peaceful and lawful ways," Mnuchin said in a statement.

Mnuchin said in his response to the letter from his former classmates that, "I don't believe the allegations against the president are accurate, and I believe that having highly talented men and women in our country surrounding the president in his administration should be reassuring to you and all the American people."

Speaking for himself, Mnuchin, who is Jewish, said, "I strongly condemn the actions of those filled with hate and with the intent to harm others."

"They have no defense from me nor do they have any defense from the president or this administration," he added.

More: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/steven-mnuchin-fires-defiant-message-back-at-yale-classmates-pressuring-him-to-resign-over-trumps-charlottesville-comments/article/2632061

Online Right_in_Virginia

Good for Mnuchin.   If only more in the GOP had his backbone....and his interest in seeing the administration succeed.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Good for Munchin.   If only more in the GOP had his backbone....and his interest in seeing the administration succeed.

If the MSM was able to ignore DWS' internet guru being indicted by federal grand jury...this won't see the light of day. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

Good for Munchin.   If only more in the GOP had his backbone....and his interest in seeing the administration succeed.

Absolutely, right. 

The half dozen or so that are unabashedly against President Trump's succeeding in an agenda, are still smarting over words spoken during the rough and tumble campaigns of 2016.

And it could probably be traced back to simply never being exposed to successful, rich, albeit, arrogant New Yorkers.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

Absolutely, right. 

The half dozen or so that are unabashedly against President Trump's succeeding in an agenda, are still smarting over words spoken during the rough and tumble campaigns of 2016.

And it could probably be traced back to simply never being exposed to successful, rich, albeit, arrogant New Yorkers.

:bigsilly:

You mean like Scaramucci?

Offline DCPatriot

:bigsilly:

You mean like Scaramucci?

Yeah!   Can anyone imagine a Scaramucci with $10 Billion?       

I'm convinced that's why Mr. Trump doesn't drink alcohol or ever take so much as an aspirin. 

"A man's got to know his limitations!", as the saying goes.

Offline Hoodat

Steven Mnuchin is far and away my favorite person in this entire Administration.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-