Author Topic: Paul Ryan Advised Republicans To Run From Trump Prior To Election Day, Says Gohmert  (Read 3427 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Paul Ryan Advised Republicans To Run From Trump Prior To Election Day, Says Gohmert
Daily Caller, Aug 19,2017,Ginni Thomas

Speaker of the House Paul Ryan advised Republicans to run away from candidate Donald Trump before the election in order to save themselves and hold a future-President Hillary Clinton accountable, Republican Rep. Louie Gohmert of Texas revealed in an exclusive video interview with The Daily Caller New Foundation.

“Are you crazy? We haven’t held anyone accountable. You haven’t even let us hold the IRS commissioner accountable [for using government power to harm President Obama’s political adversaries],” an astonished Gohmert said to the speaker on a call.

Gohmert told The DCNF he speaks so courageously because he wants the party to succeed and is appreciative of the prayers sustaining him. He struggles to find joy as he watches government leaders run from doing what is best for the nation at this critical time.

“We don’t want to go down in history as the generation that was fine with making the future for our kids much worse than we had it,” he said.

More:  http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/19/paul-ryan-advised-republicans-to-run-from-trump-prior-to-election-day-says-gohmert-video/

Online Right_in_Virginia

Speaker of the House Paul Ryan advised Republicans to run away from candidate Donald Trump before the election in order to save themselves and hold a future-President Hillary Clinton accountable

Words fail me.  The GOPe truly wanted Hillary to win.   Are there any lingering doubts that a major portion of the GOP Congressional Caucus is actively working against the President's agenda??  Anyone still think Congress will pass healthcare and tax reform??

BTW, just caught Gohmert on Fox and he confirmed this.  He still sounded incredulous.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 12:57:46 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline dfwgator

Words fail me.  The GOPe truly wanted Hillary to win.   Are there any lingering doubts that a major portion of the GOP Congressional Caucus is actively working against the President's agenda??  Anyone still think Congress will pass healthcare and tax reform??

BTW, just caught Gohmert on Fox and he confirmed this.  He still sounded incredulous.

More like,  they wanted Trump to win,  then remove him for Pence.

Oceander

Words would, predictably, fail the morons who saddled us with Trump in the GOP primaries. 

Online Right_in_Virginia

Words would, predictably, fail the morons who saddled us with Trump in the GOP primaries.

Oh, do give it a rest.  You hate Trump. You're pissed as hell that he won the primary and the general election.  I get it.  We ALL get it @Oceander

But your need to cling to this hate and anger is not enough of a justification to point a "guilty" finger at the citizens who elected Donald Trump instead of the Republicans fighting to keep Obamacare and against tax reform.

Just how badly do you want to punish this generation of Americans and the ones to follow because your candidate lost?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

The smart ones will flee from Trump or he'll be persona non grata in their races. The simple fact is that Trump's "help" did more harm than help in last year's primary races. Those Trump did support collapsed and Trump switched his support to the establishment candidates or he supported establishment candidates all along. Most winning candidates did so by far wider margins than Trump.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Wow, politicians don't want to  be associated with the Twitterer in chief with the 35% approval rating. Shocking.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Oceander

Oh, do give it a rest.  You hate Trump. You're pissed as hell that he won the primary and the general election.  I get it.  We ALL get it @Oceander

But your need to cling to this hate and anger is not enough of a justification to point a "guilty" finger at the citizens who elected Donald Trump instead of the Republicans fighting to keep Obamacare and against tax reform.

Just how badly do you want to punish this generation of Americans and the ones to follow because your candidate lost?

:bigsilly:

You're so pathetic.  It's really disgusting watching one human being worship another up close. 

Offline endicom

"A sinecure, a sinecure! The kingdom for a sinecure!"

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Oceander and RIV please stop!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 03:37:51 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Right_in_Virginia

Oceander and RIV please stop!

I asked a serious, heartfelt question, but okay @mystery-ak   Understood!   :beer:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
However one feels about the Trump Wars, there's no denying Ryan did his level best to sabotage the Nominee of his own party.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
However one feels about the Trump Wars, there's no denying Ryan did his level best to sabotage the Nominee of his own party.

Rump sabotaged himself.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yes, he went over to Ryan's office and forced him to refuse to accept Trump as the Nominee.   *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Yes, he went over to Ryan's office and forced him to refuse to accept Trump as the Nominee.   *****rollingeyes*****

+1    88devil

Offline anubias

Ambulance chasers love them some Democrats.

Oceander

Ambulance chasers love them some Democrats.

What, if anything, does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What, if anything, does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

I know that pisses you off, but it has me scratching my head too....
I will NOT comply.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Are there any lingering doubts that a major portion of the GOP Congressional Caucus is actively working against the President's agenda??

Are there any lingering doubts that the majority of the Republican Party caucus are Democrat/Leftist/Statists who have infiltrated it and taken the party for their own?

But please, continue voting for them - because you know.... the alternative is 'worse'.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
The Republican Party will not survive the Trump administration. Whatever hopes we had of moving in a more conservative direction can be abandoned. Trump happened, and, barring a miracle, Constitutional conservatism will end up being the casualty. No one will care what any Republican has to say about anything after this administration because they'll lump us all in with Trumpism. And, of course, he keeps adding fuel to the fire because of his thin skin, so the chaos will be with us all through his administration.

These are the things that much of the Republican party understood if Trump became the nominee. Both RINO and true conservative knew this but have had to give the impression of a united front for the sake of the party. Everyone knew it could only last for so long because Trump is Trump. My embarrassment of having him as president is only outweighed by my abject fear of what is yet to become of conservatism. At some point, someone will need to bugle "Taps" for the party of Lincoln.
 8888crybaby

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Oceander

The Republican Party will not survive the Trump administration. Whatever hopes we had of moving in a more conservative direction can be abandoned. Trump happened, and, barring a miracle, Constitutional conservatism will end up being the casualty. No one will care what any Republican has to say about anything after this administration because they'll lump us all in with Trumpism. And, of course, he keeps adding fuel to the fire because of his thin skin, so the chaos will be with us all through his administration.

These are the things that much of the Republican party understood if Trump became the nominee. Both RINO and true conservative knew this but have had to give the impression of a united front for the sake of the party. Everyone knew it could only last for so long because Trump is Trump. My embarrassment of having him as president is only outweighed by my abject fear of what is yet to become of conservatism. At some point, someone will need to bugle "Taps" for the party of Lincoln.
 8888crybaby

I disagree with you on a lot of things, but I wholeheartedly agree with you on this. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Gohmert is the best.  Great guy.

I think the 2018 elections will tell us something as will the Alabama election.

Most people want Obamacare gone.  The Republicans claim to, but refuse to act.  Maybe they're waiting for someone else to blame it on.

If we can elect 5 or 6 more real conservatives to the Senate who will follow Ted Cruz and Mike Lee, we could reclaim the party and the country.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

8888crybaby

How very sad that you are embarrassed.

Even more sad that you view everything through a prism of Trump hate.

I was totally against him but he has not been a bad President.  Every day he does something conservative that nobody notices because he's 'embarrassed' them by a dumb tweet.

Yesterday, he disbanded a committee that was mucking about discussing climate change. 

With so many forces against him, he has still accomplished a lot.  He's made a good start on judges and he will continue to fill the judiciary with conservatives.

He's supported the troops and the army and is trying to rid the army of people with serious emotional problems.

But, hey, if you're embarrassed, let's get rid of him.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

If we can elect 5 or 6 more real conservatives to the Senate who will follow Ted Cruz and Mike Lee, we could reclaim the party and the country.

You can keep lying to yourself with that delusion, and refuse to acknowledge the fact that the rules were rewritten at the last two conventions to PROHIBIT any kind of grassroots Conservative from getting elected, not to mention the the oligarchy only rewards it's own Statists and punishes and ostracizes anyone who actually governs according to their oath.

There is no saving the Republican party.  There is no place for Conservatives within the Republican party.

Only moderate Democrats, liberals and thanks to Trump, nationalist populists.

Conservatives were told to get out and hit the road.  There will be no more Lees or Cruz or Pauls' to the GOP.  The party only endorses and backs liberals.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775