Author Topic: House Dem introduces measure urging Trump undergo mental exam  (Read 1632 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Dem introduces measure urging Trump undergo mental exam
« on: August 19, 2017, 11:12:47 pm »
By Cristina Marcos - 08/18/17 04:39 PM EDT

A House Democrat introduced a resolution on Friday suggesting that President Trump undergo a physical and mental health exam to help determine whether he is fit for office.

Rep. Zoe Lofgren’s (D-Calif.) resolution specifically calls on Vice President Pence and Trump’s Cabinet members to “quickly secure the services of medical and psychiatric professionals” to “assist in their deliberations” invoking the 25th Amendment, which outlines presidential removal procedures.

It posits that such an examination by doctors would “determine whether the president suffers from mental disorder or other injury that impairs his abilities and prevents him from discharging his Constitutional duties.”

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/347156-house-dem-introduces-measure-urging-trump-undergo-mental-exam
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: House Dem introduces measure urging Trump undergo mental exam
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 11:15:03 pm »

A House Democrat introduced a resolution on Friday suggesting that President Trump undergo a physical and mental health exam to help determine whether he is fit for office.

Rep. Zoe Lofgren’s (D-Calif.) resolution specifically calls on Vice President Pence and Trump’s Cabinet members to “quickly secure the services of medical and psychiatric professionals” to “assist in their deliberations” invoking the 25th Amendment, which outlines presidential removal procedures.

It posits that such an examination by doctors would “determine whether the president suffers from mental disorder or other injury that impairs his abilities and prevents him from discharging his Constitutional duties.”

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/347156-house-dem-introduces-measure-urging-trump-undergo-mental-exam

I just love articles from the Onion.....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 11:25:26 pm »

more
I think it would be much more in order and prudent for him to have Pelosi and Waters examined for mental fitness, of the three Pelosi and Waters are the ones making irrational statements and  exhibiting symptoms of advancing stages of Alzheimers.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 11:29:05 pm by GtHawk »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 01:53:19 am »
I think it would be much more in order and prudent for him to have Pelosi and Waters examined for mental fitness, of the three Pelosi and Waters are the ones making irrational statements and  exhibiting symptoms of advancing stages of Alzheimers.

Let's add a couple of Republicans to that list as well.  Maybe John McCain?  There's something wrong with Hillary also... not sure if it's physical or mental.

Heck, let's just have everyone in the government take a psych exam.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline berdie

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 02:36:51 am »
Let's add a couple of Republicans to that list as well.  Maybe John McCain?  There's something wrong with Hillary also... not sure if it's physical or mental.

I like the idea of having everyone in government tested. I've thought we should for quite a while :laugh:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 02:42:35 am »

Right. They'd first have to figure out which department that would fall under and expand it or come up with a brand new department, then they'd have to hire a special counsel to outline the parameters of which psychiatrists would be deemed appropriate and qualified for the task of administering the exam and then another team to analyze the exams. The DEMS would of course object and have to hire their own team of psychiatric experts and Congress would have to allocate $$ for them in the budget.  Lastly and perhaps it should have been the first consideration; would that even be constitutional?   :silly: :silly:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 02:42:54 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2017, 03:22:57 am »
Right. They'd first have to figure out which department that would fall under and expand it or come up with a brand new department, then they'd have to hire a special counsel to outline the parameters of which psychiatrists would be deemed appropriate and qualified for the task of administering the exam and then another team to analyze the exams. The DEMS would of course object and have to hire their own team of psychiatric experts and Congress would have to allocate $$ for them in the budget.  Lastly and perhaps it should have been the first consideration; would that even be constitutional?   :silly: :silly:
Okay, instead how about we just whack them all up on Thorazine, granted nothing at all will get done but then would that really be a bad thing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCj1O6_gCHI

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2017, 04:33:12 am »
How Soviet.

In the Soviet Union, anyone who didn't agree with the Party Line was deemed "mentally unstable" and sent to a mental institution.

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2017, 11:25:00 am »
How Soviet.

In the Soviet Union, anyone who didn't agree with the Party Line was deemed "mentally unstable" and sent to a mental institution.

Exactly

Offline Applewood

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2017, 12:27:23 pm »
Ok, you all will hate me for this, but...

While I understand that the sore loser Dems are introducing bills and resolutions trying, in every way possible to remove a lawfully elected president, I do think there is some merit to having a prospective president examined by an independent physician prior to taking office.  I believe voters have the right to know whether their candidate has the physical and mental capabilities to do the job.  I know that Trump produced a paper or papers from a physician indicating that he was in good shape, but maybe we shouldn't trust his own physician or anyone else's.  I don't know whether presidents are required to have regular exams while in office, but if not, those exams should be a requirement too.  We need someone without a vested interest to give the present or incoming president the once-over, look at his medical records and render an opinion.

Of course, the question is who would make the decision as to whether the president is fit for office.  FDR, for example, was disabled  but that did not interfere with his duties as president until I believe his last year or so in office.  It is said President Reagan was in the early stages of Alzheimere during his second term.  But he was surrounded by people who protected him and helped with his duties.  But then there was Nixon, whose rampant paranoia made for some bad choices that resulted in his downfall (and unlike President Reagan, Nixon's peoplet didn't tell him no, but actually and actively participated or instituted his schemes).  I don't have any answers for that. 

Trump is in his 70s now and with age comes a variety of potential afflictions. Heck, even a young guy could have health issues he may not even be aware of.  Regardless of who is president or aspires to be,  his fitness for office should be an important consideration, no matter whether you support him or not. 

Ok, flame away.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2017, 12:55:17 pm »
I haven't seen anything that would suggest Trump is mentally or physically incompetent.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2017, 01:40:34 pm »
I haven't seen anything that would suggest Trump is mentally or physically incompetent.

Compared to the Rats that are attacking him and their rhetoric... I think they need to be tested for mental fitness.

Pelosi. Madd Maxine, Dickie Durbin, Chuckie Schumer....etal

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2017, 02:02:53 pm »
Compared to the Rats that are attacking him and their rhetoric... I think they need to be tested for mental fitness.

Pelosi. Madd Maxine, Dickie Durbin, Chuckie Schumer....etal

I don't think they need to be tested. Their fitness at being mental is readily apparent.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2017, 02:11:14 pm »
@GtHawk

"Okay, instead how about we just whack them (Pelosi, Waters) all up on Thorazine, granted nothing at all will get done but then would that really be a bad thing?"

I wonder if you have ever taken Thorazine - I have.  I am violently allergic to iodine.  If I eat anything with iodine in it, I get extremely nauseated for three days, my skin turns red, and I have chills those three days.  I have iodine allergy on a medical alert bracelet.  I was tested on my arm for iodine and it ate through my skin almost to the bone and had to heal from the bottom up. 

My doctor gave me Thorazine pills, they are tiny pills, in case I accidentally eat something with iodine in it.  I take one of them, and it knocks me completely out, and it stops the nausea but not the chills.  I keep a few in my purse all the time.  It may be a year between these times, but I always have that pill handy.

No one can function if they take that pill. Give that to Nancy P. and Maxine Waters, and they are down for the count for numerous hours.  Maybe if they were told the pill makes you beautiful, they would take one.  :silly:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 02:13:00 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2017, 02:13:20 pm »
I don't think they need to be tested. Their fitness at being mental is readily apparent.

Fred's right. 

Offline Applewood

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2017, 02:15:13 pm »

It is perfectly normal for the leader of the free world to spend a lot of time sending out nasty tweets. 

And as for his physical health, he appears to have a weight problem.  I find it hard to believe he doesn't have any complications associated with excess weight.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2017, 02:28:05 pm »
It is perfectly normal for the leader of the free world to spend a lot of time sending out nasty tweets. 

And as for his physical health, he appears to have a weight problem.  I find it hard to believe he doesn't have any complications associated with excess weight.

No, he's not your "normal" leader.  Remember that's why many people voted for him.

And, no,  his weight looks fine.  He's older so a few extra pounds is actually healthier.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2017, 02:28:24 pm »

@Applewood

People who don't get deep sleep, act irradically as the brain resets itself during deep sleep. Trump only sleep three to four hours.  This is a serious problem.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2017, 02:33:23 pm »
@Applewood

People who don't get deep sleep, act irradically as the brain resets itself during deep sleep. Trump only sleep three to four hours.  This is a serious problem.

Throughout his life it's been quite the impediment.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2017, 02:34:54 pm »

While they are not the leader of the free world, there are hundreds of millions of people saying stupid crap, repeatedly, on all forms of electronic media. Trying to pinpoint it as a mental illness on Trump's part is ridiculous.

As far as his weight problem. A couple of school lunches could fix that.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2017, 02:36:59 pm »
No, he's not your "normal" leader.  Remember that's why many people voted for him.

And, no,  his weight looks fine.  He's older so a few extra pounds is actually healthier.

Not sure I agree. Obviously, if he became rail thin, that would be a real concern. But as an old bag myself, I can tell you being overweight as one gets older has the potential of bringing on everything from heart disease to gout.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2017, 02:41:31 pm »
While they are not the leader of the free world, there are hundreds of millions of people saying stupid crap, repeatedly, on all forms of electronic media. Trying to pinpoint it as a mental illness on Trump's part is ridiculous.

As far as his weight problem. A couple of school lunches could fix that.

He's not just saying stupid crap.  He has some rampant paranoia and thinks anyone who doesn't bow to him is an enemy.  He has a compulsion to humiliate and tear down everyone he doesn't like.  That is not normal. 

Offline Applewood

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2017, 02:44:25 pm »
@Applewood

I'm going to guess he has sleep apnea, which is common among people who are overweight.  Maybe I'm wrong.  I'm no doctor, but not being able to sleep is a sign of something wrong and it should be corrected. If it is apnea, that could become fatal.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2017, 02:44:54 pm »
He's not just saying stupid crap.  He has some rampant paranoia and thinks anyone who doesn't bow to him is an enemy.  He has a compulsion to humiliate and tear down everyone he doesn't like.  That is not normal.

uh huh

Congratulations. You've just exactly described my MIL.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2017, 02:46:48 pm »
Not sure I agree. Obviously, if he became rail thin, that would be a real concern. But as an old bag myself, I can tell you being overweight as one gets older has the potential of bringing on everything from heart disease to gout.

Of course you will believe what you believe, but evidence shows that older people with a few extra pounds do better than those who don't.

Added:  I should explain better:  I suspect our culture's obsession with looks plus a generalized dislike of humankind leads us to believe that people should look a certain way to be healthy, in spite of evidence to the contrary.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 02:52:19 pm by Sanguine »