Author Topic: Chinese IP Theft Costs America Up to a Half-Trillion Annually  (Read 560 times)

Offline endicom

Chinese IP Theft Costs America Up to a Half-Trillion Annually
« on: August 19, 2017, 02:07:32 pm »
American Thinker
Spencer P. Morrison
Aug. 19, 2017

On Monday, August 14, President Trump announced that he is authorizing a public inquiry into China's predatory trade regime. Specifically, he is empowering Robert Lighthizer, the U.S. Trade Representative, to investigate China's trade policies as they relate to the theft of American intellectual property (IP). Hopefully this is the beginning of a policy shift that sees America finally address the ‘China question’ -- the systematic exploitation of America’s market by Chinese state actors.

Briefly, IP theft is a big problem because it costs America money, undermines the rule of law, and endangers America's national security.

More... http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/08/chinese_ip_theft_costs_america_up_a_halftrillion_annually.html

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Chinese IP Theft Costs America Up to a Half-Trillion Annually
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 02:11:55 pm »
American Thinker
Spencer P. Morrison
Aug. 19, 2017

On Monday, August 14, President Trump announced that he is authorizing a public inquiry into China's predatory trade regime. Specifically, he is empowering Robert Lighthizer, the U.S. Trade Representative, to investigate China's trade policies as they relate to the theft of American intellectual property (IP). Hopefully this is the beginning of a policy shift that sees America finally address the ‘China question’ -- the systematic exploitation of America’s market by Chinese state actors.

Briefly, IP theft is a big problem because it costs America money, undermines the rule of law, and endangers America's national security.

More... http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/08/chinese_ip_theft_costs_america_up_a_halftrillion_annually.html

Who cares if Trump is doing good things? /s
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 02:43:35 pm »
China just like Russia, apparently has a lot of criminality in their regime and I'm sure the "Et Tu" types, you too, can say that about America and many other countries, Mexico for example.

But, China may well have a bit to do with the drug situation in the Philippines. They may turn a blind eye to drug smuggling in the PRC; at a minimum.

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 02:55:38 pm »
Who cares if Trump is doing good things? /s

Here or in the real world?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 03:01:48 pm »

Here or in the real world?

Trick question Tron.

I've seen plenty of unreal things out there.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2017, 04:19:06 pm »
On Monday, August 14, President Trump announced that he is authorizing a public inquiry into China's predatory trade regime. Specifically, he is empowering Robert Lighthizer, the U.S. Trade Representative, to investigate China's trade policies as they relate to the theft of American intellectual property (IP).

It's our own damn fault.  First of all, stealing intellectual property is considered to be good business in China.  Second of all, we have US companies setting up shop in China teaching them how to build factories and make product.  And each time one of these American-owned factories goes up, twenty identical Chinese-owned factories go up at the same time manufacturing the exact same product.

This has been going on for decades, yet American companies continue to get suckered into these sweet deals giving them more and more, all in the name of making their numbers for the year.

There is nothing to investigate.  China steals intellectual property.  It's simply what they do.  We should act accordingly.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline endicom

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2017, 07:16:54 pm »
This has been going on for decades, yet American companies continue to get suckered into these sweet deals giving them more and more, all in the name of making their numbers for the year.

If US companies don't then other companies will to drive the US companies out of business. Our problem is much in being overly taxed and regulated.