Author Topic: N.Y. billionaire suggests black senator is worse than KKK  (Read 945 times)

Wingnut

N.Y. billionaire suggests black senator is worse than KKK
« on: August 19, 2017, 01:39:55 pm »
Anybody who tries to lock black kids into failing public schools does not have the interests of the kids at heart -- but they may be captives of the teacher unions.  You can think it...but Just don't say it

ASSOCIATED PRESS  AUGUST 11, 2017
ALBANY, N.Y. — A billionaire hedge fund manager has apologized for an online post saying that a black New York state senator has ‘‘done more damage to people of color than anyone who has ever donned a hood’’ because of her support for teachers unions.

Daniel Loeb issued a statement saying he regrets the language he used in the Facebook post about the Senate minority meader, Andrea Stewart-Cousins, a Democrat. The post was an apparent reference to the white headgear of the Ku Klux Klan. It was deleted late Thursday.

Loeb, the CEO of the investment firm Third Point, is a top donor to the Democratic governor, Andrew Cuomo and many other politicians. He is a leading supporter of charter schools.

‘‘I regret the language I used in expressing my passion for educational choice,’’ he said in his statement about the post, e-mailed to the Associated Press on Friday morning. ‘‘I apologize to Sen. Stewart-Cousins and anyone I offended.’’

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2017/08/11/billionaire-suggests-black-senator-worse-than-kkk/6FIHeC4t28ieVniq7qFRJK/story.html

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: N.Y. billionaire suggests black senator is worse than KKK
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 01:53:51 pm »
I don't get it. Why take back what he said?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 01:59:49 pm »

I agree.   Let it stand and let the wailing continue.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 02:01:22 pm »
I agree.   Let it stand and let the wailing continue.

The only reason I can come up with for him to do it is he plans on seeking office.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline endicom

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 02:15:33 pm »

He doesn't want his hedge fund looking like sixth century Rome.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2017, 02:18:45 pm »

He doesn't want his hedge fund looking like sixth century Rome.

Is that like "When the chips are down the buffalo is empty"?

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2017, 04:24:49 pm »
He told the truth.  Too bad he felt he should apologize.  Worse that there seems no place for the truth in public discourse or the fact that offending someone is NOT a cardinal sin.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2017, 01:33:42 am »
Once again, a quote worth repeating:

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."

- George Orwell