Author Topic: General Pershing, Pigs, Philippines and islamic Terrorism (Daniel Greenfield)  (Read 601 times)

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/267622/general-pershing-pigs-philippines-and-islamic-daniel-greenfield

GENERAL PERSHING, PIGS, PHILIPPINES AND iSLAMIC TERRORISM
August 18, 2017
Daniel Greenfield

"These Juramentado attacks were materially reduced in number by a practice that the mohamedans held in abhorrence. The bodies were publicly buried in the same grave with a dead pig. It was not pleasant to have to take such measures, but the prospect of going to hell instead of heaven sometimes deterred the would-be assassins."

These were the words of General Pershing in his autobiography. According to the New York Times (despite having reported on it at the time) it's a myth. The Washington Post agrees. They both cite fact checks by Politifact and Snopes. The problem with all the fact checks is... the facts.

The media has avoided the problem by consulting "experts" who tell them exactly what they want to hear. And what they want to hear is that it never happened. But not only was it written up in the New York Times, the Scientific American, a number of other publications, and mentioned by a number of other military officers, General Pershing had written about it.

General Pershing fell ill and died while working on his unpublished autobiography. The materials remained at the Library of Congress Manuscripts Division. Some contain his handwritten notes. They can be examined by the public.

Poster's note:
This is an excerpt. For full article, see URL above.

Offline skeeter

It doesn't matter now. The media and assorted chihuahuas have already called Trump a liar and have moved on.

Offline bolobaby

The truth no longer matters. Only outrage.

I told my wife, "What if we were discussing where to move next, and you liked a house in a community with an HOA. Every time you tried to state your case, I started screaming in your face at the top of my lungs, 'No how! No way! I won't move to an HOA!' over and over again. How would that make you feel?"

The left generates outrage and then screams over any argument that may counter their outrage. What they don't understand is that, while they have many parts of society trying to AVOID their perpetually triggered outrage by caving in at the first sign of trouble, the groups whose face they are screaming in are just getting angrier and angrier.

There will be a reckoning.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline aligncare

These men of World War One existed at a time in America when war meant win at all cost. Political correctness hadn't infected our military, yet.

Sooo, I suspect the stories of pigs were true – used as tools to frighten the natives, as it were.