Author Topic: Top two officers and other sailors aboard the USS Fitzgerald to be disciplined following deadly collision at sea  (Read 366 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Top two officers and other sailors aboard the USS Fitzgerald to be disciplined following deadly collision at sea
By Dan Lamothe August 17 at 6:25 PM

The top two officers and the top enlisted sailor who were aboard the destroyer USS Fitzgerald are among about a dozen sailors who will face discipline following an early-morning collision June 17 that killed seven crew members, a senior Navy officer said Thursday.

Adm. William F. Moran, the vice chief of naval operations, told reporters at the Pentagon that the majority of the punishments will be delivered Friday in Yokosuka, Japan, where the ship is. One sailor received an undisclosed administrative punishment Thursday. Moran declined to describe what occurred in the moments before the collision, saying that remains under investigation.

more
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2017/08/17/top-two-officers-and-other-sailors-aboard-the-uss-fitzgerald-to-be-disciplined-following-deadly-collision-at-sea/?utm_term=.83e96d8e1ae8
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The discipline will include probable career-ending actions against Cmdr. Bryce Benson, the ship’s captain at the time, and his second-in-command, Cmdr. Sean Babbitt, Moran said. They and the senior enlisted sailor for the ship, Command Master Chief Brice A. Baldwin, will be removed as leaders of the ship permanently, Moran said.

No surprises here. 

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
The Captain wasn't on the bridge but he's still the Capt or was until this.   I do wonder who was on the bridge though.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.