Author Topic: Trump's attacks could leave him friendless if impeachment comes  (Read 4520 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Trump's attacks could leave him friendless if impeachment comes
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2017, 12:44:13 pm »
Wolves in sheep's clothing. At the mention they should be doing their jobs FOR the American people the fangs come out.

They wanted a Republican POTUS. They got one. They need to stop with their crap.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2017, 12:48:47 pm »
Wolves in sheep's clothing. At the mention they should be doing their jobs FOR the American people the fangs come out.

They wanted a Republican POTUS. They got one. They need to stop with their crap.

:thumbsup3:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2017, 12:51:14 pm »
And they truly are cowards @DCPatriot  I am surprised by how this unmasking has stunned me.

But it will not surprise me if the GOP Congressional caucus actively works against continued economic growth.  They, for the most part, have proven the American people are not a part of their calculation for power.

Beginning REAL concern for President Trump's safety.   It's gotten so bad/sick that they would put somebody on Lee's pedestal, if God forbid, somebody got to him.   The Left would make him a hero for the Ages.

Problem here, IMO, is that even if he resigned, ...took every last cent out of the USA and remodeled a hollowed out volcano, they won't leave him alone.

And by "problem", I'm considering Trump, the Man.   He will NEVER unilaterally resign.   Not in his DNA.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2017, 02:16:27 pm »
Sorry, but this site was not meant to be exclusively for Trump worshipers.  If you only want Trump adoration, you should go over to FR.

Rush, Hannity, and Salem Radio are also safe spaces for Trump supporters.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2017, 02:19:34 pm »

They wanted a Republican POTUS that supports globalism and the Swamp.   They didnt get that.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2017, 02:25:07 pm »
Frankly the who thing seems to be purposeful on Trump's part.

The man is a political suicide bomber.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2017, 02:29:01 pm »

I have been one of Trump's biggest critics here.  Still, I am very happy he had the courage to call out  Antifa,BLM, and the rest of the left wing domestic terrorist in last weekend's debacle.

Name me one other person in a GOP leadership role who has had the same balls to do that.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Wingnut

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2017, 02:30:03 pm »
Frankly the who(le) thing seems to be purposeful on Trump's part.

You say that like it is a bad thing. 

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2017, 02:30:47 pm »

Reagan got a lot done (not all of it), despite having Tip O'Neil as the Speaker of the House.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2017, 02:31:30 pm »

They wanted a Republican POTUS.

They do,  but they want Pence.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2017, 02:33:10 pm »

Reagan got a lot done (not all of it), despite having Tip O'Neil as the Speaker of the House.

Reagan's approach was the get the top three things that he wanted, and everything else was negotiable.    And I always felt that is the best approach.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2017, 02:35:26 pm »

95% of Trump's attacks are directed at republicans and his fans are right there with him. They're the underpants gnomes of political destruction.

Step 1: Detroy GOP - Step 2: ? - Step 3: Glorious Victory.

Wingnut

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2017, 02:37:51 pm »

Tip was a mensch. 

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2017, 02:40:54 pm »
95% of Trump's attacks are directed at republicans and his fans are right there with him. They're the underpants gnomes of political destruction.

Step 1: Detroy GOP - Step 2: ? - Step 3: Glorious Victory.

Trump is the ultimate Talk Radio President.

All Trump has to do sit down and talk to Mitch (yes has to) find common ground (GASP!) and get something done. Is the Senate blameless no. But these attacks are not going to help him in the long term.

Flame away.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2017, 02:43:58 pm »

All Trump has to do sit down and talk to Mitch (yes has to) find common ground (GASP!) and get something done. Is the Senate blameless no. But these attacks are not going to help him in the long term.

Flame away.

Mitch's common ground is the Democrat agenda.   
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2017, 02:47:41 pm »
Trump has been "friendless" since the day he moved into the White House.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2017, 02:48:45 pm »

President Reagan was a leader.  Instead of bad mouthing his adversaries all the time, he worked with them. That is one of the qualities of leadership.

Wingnut

« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2017, 02:49:16 pm »

QFT

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2017, 02:50:35 pm »
President Reagan was a leader.  Instead of bad mouthing his adversaries all the time, he worked with them. That is one of the qualities of leadership.

I pointed out a parallel situation Reagan had to deal with,  the controversy when he decided to visit the German cemetery at Bitburg, that contained the graves of SS Soldiers.     Reagan took a beating over that, but he stayed firm, and eventually many wound up praising him for doing it.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2017, 02:57:04 pm »

At least in Washington DC for sure!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Concerned

« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2017, 03:49:39 pm »

Flame away.

Well said. The President is the leader of his party. He has a choice:  he can either lead or he can whine. So far, he's decided to do the later. Unfortunately, I have little confidence he's inclined or even capable of doing the former.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2017, 03:53:20 pm »
But will he still be left friendless if we have an infestation of giant alien insects?  Because that seems just as likely as impeachment, at this point.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2017, 03:54:23 pm »
At least in Washington DC for sure!

The Strategy was to make it such a living Hell for Trump, because they figured he'll just say, "Screw it" and resign.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 03:59:13 pm by dfwgator »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2017, 04:22:23 pm »
Nah. Flake, McCain, Graham; they are all never Trumpers and the worst kind of politician. They claim to be republicans but like everyone knows; they are nothing but low life RINO's in bed with the corrupt dems and other establishment GOPe.

It wouldn't matter how nice President Trump played with these bed lice; they would always stab him in the back. They are scorpions and scorpions will always do what they do. Anyone who has heard of the turtle and the scorpion story knows what I'm talking about.

I'm disappointed in this forum. All I hear is pro-leftist nonsense and anti-Trump junk. The same thing I hear from the Enemedia propaganda machine. If it were any further left it would be like DU. They should switch out the picture of Reagan with one of LBJ or obama.

Hold on there.  You've only been here a few days.  Relax.

There are a few people who fit your description.  There are way too many people who don't agree with me on everything, like they should.

But the mods are pretty good and personal insults are kept mostly in check.

If you want a forum to discuss issues, this is a good one.

If you want a forum where everyone agrees with you, keep looking.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2017, 04:40:52 pm »
My posting history as you well may know has been critical of Trump.

Still.....   this man has done nothing so far that would near warrant anything near impeachment.  This is just another misdirection by the treasonously complicit MSM, and their effort to destroy this country.

I've asked maybe 5 or 6 mouth frothing liberals who want impeachment, what would be the charge.  Not a one came through with what I would consider a provable offense.  3 came up with Russian interference, lol. 

In any case, the chance of ever getting 2/3 of senate to vote for conviction is ZERO.

So true.  Trump cannot be impeached but I'm afraid that he can lose the confidence of the people if this barrage continues (and it will) and if the little weenie Republicans who want to be liked by the media for 3 seconds don't shut their stupid mouths.

In the end, if cooler heads prevail, Romney, McCain, Linda Graham and others will be the losers, along with the American people if this prevents Trump from getting the good things he wants to do passed.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.