Author Topic: Are senior leaders seeing the whole picture?  (Read 347 times)

rangerrebew

Are senior leaders seeing the whole picture?
« on: August 17, 2017, 08:23:40 am »

Are senior leaders seeing the whole picture?
With so much detailed information available at our fingertips, taking a step back to see the bigger goal is important

by RallyPoint
    August 15, 2017

In a February talk with the Center for Strategic and International studies, Chief of Staff of the Air Force, General David Goldfien stated, “I think in future conflict the victory will go to that individual who can actually turn data to decision.”[1] For me, I couldn’t agree more. However, after having a few discussions with individuals across multiple age groups, questions arise if senior leaders, as of today, are able to actually take data to a decision, or more specifically, the right decision? I ask this because of the underlying question: can our senior leaders see the whole picture?

First, let’s start with a disclaimer that this is not condemning or critiquing any past decisions, current decisions, or the decisions of our senior leaders in the months and years to come. This is an exercise for all leaders, at every level, to self-analyze and see if we may be missing parts of the picture. After all, the world is filled with data today, so really, we must all ask, are we seeing all there is to see?

https://www.military1.com/military-career/article/1822320014-are-senior-leaders-seeing-the-whole-picture/