Author Topic: Every Republican must sign a censure of the president...By Jennifer Rubin  (Read 1837 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Every Republican must sign a censure of the president
By Jennifer Rubin August 16 at 1:49 PM

Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.), member of the House Judiciary Committee and former chairman and ranking Democrat of the Constitution Subcommittee, along with Reps. Bonnie Watson Coleman (D-N.J.) and Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.) announced a resolution of censure against President Trump on Wednesday. It reads as follows:

Censuring and condemning President Donald Trump.

Whereas on August 11, 2017 in Charlottesville, Virginia, a gathering of white supremacists, including neo-Nazis, Klu Klux Klan (KKK) members, and other alt-Right, white nationalist groups, marched through the streets with torches as part of a coordinated ‘Unite the Right’ rally spewing racism, anti-Semitism, bigotry and hatred;

Whereas on August 12, 2017 in Charlottesville, Virginia, a car driven by James Alex Fields, Jr. rammed into a crowd of counter-protestors, killing Heather Heyer and injuring 20 others;

Whereas President Donald Trump’s immediate public comments rebuked “many sides” for the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, and failed to specifically condemn the ‘Unite the Right’ rally or cite the white supremacist, neo-Nazi gathering as responsible for actions of domestic terrorism;

Whereas on August 15, 2017 President Donald Trump held a press conference at Trump Tower where he re-asserted that “both sides” were to blame for the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, and attempted to create a moral equivalency between white supremacist, KKK, neo-Nazi groups and those counter-protesting the ‘Unite the Right’ rally;

Whereas President Donald Trump has surrounded himself with, and cultivated the influence of, senior advisors and spokespeople who have long histories of promoting white nationalist, alt-Right, racist and anti-Semitic principles and policies within the country;

Whereas President Donald Trump has provided tacit encouragement and little to no denunciation of white supremacist groups and individuals who promote their bigoted, nationalist ideology and policies;

Whereas President Donald Trump has failed to provide adequate condemnation and assure the American people of his resolve to opposing domestic terrorism: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved, That the House of Representatives—

(1)   does hereby censure and condemn President Donald Trump for his inadequate response to the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia on August 12, 2017, his failure to immediately and specifically name and condemn the white supremacist groups responsible for actions of domestic terrorism, for re-asserting that “both sides” were to blame and excusing the violent behavior of participants in the ‘Unite the Right’ rally, and for employing people with ties to white supremacist movements in the White House, such as Steve Bannon and Sebastian Gorka; and

(2)   does hereby urge President Donald Trump to fire any and all White House advisors who have urged him to cater to the alt-Right movement in the United States.

more
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2017/08/16/every-republican-must-sign-a-censure-of-the-president/?utm_term=.f5b5aea96d44
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Eff Nadler and his fellow Democrat Maoist scum pushing for this civil war they so desperately need to have in order to finish their Glorious Cultural Revolution.

I do not like Trump, but in this case - I want to see Trump get in front of the TVs to denounce them, and bash them on Twitter as they rightfully deserve.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Clearly the DNC and the RINO Pod People have agreed to work together to to use this and every other excuse they can come up with to not only demonize Trump as a Neo-Nazi racist (and the man has Jewish children and grandchildren!),but to also criticize him in the media for everything he says or does by twisting it all around to mean something not intended.

The do this because they are all the scum we call "Career Politicians",and frankly,are incapable of doing anything else for a living. Trump comes in and wins the highest office in the land despite having never once ran for ANY public office before,and that is a slap in the face to all of them because THEY are all products of the political farm system,which states you start out by carrying water for a local pol,then carry water for a state pol,and finally,if you suck up enough to CREATE water for a federal pol,you go to Mecca/DC.

Their ENTIRE lives and all of their power is based on the Old Boy/Personal favors power structure,Trump owed none of them anything.

Trump jumped line,and owes NONE of them any favors. Yeah,career pols in the past have done favors for him,but they are in no position to mention them because he paid them cash to do what they were elected to do in the first place.

In other words,he,as an outsider,is a threat to every aspect of their careers and lives,as well as to the Party that owns and controls them.

They will never forgive him for this. ESPECIALLY if they can't manage to run  him out of office before 2020,and he runs and wins again. Being career pols who live and die by the favor system,nobody understands better than them what happens to a pol that sticks a knife in your back and remains in power. If Trump wins re-election,heads are going to roll in 2020,and they know it. What you are smelling is fear and desperation.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline endicom

"Mr. President, now it's Jennifer Rubin!"

"Then we're over the target. Bombs away!"

Has Jennifer Rubin never heard of BDS?

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
In other words,he,as an outsider,is a threat to every aspect of their careers and lives,as well as to the Party that owns and controls them.

Well said.

Maybe you could get a job in TV creating the crawls at the bottom of the screen.  The people watching at home would appreciate the translations into plain English.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Trump should call Congress back in session to debate this resolution

Bring it on

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
This Congress wouldn't censure Obama. They wouldn't censure Harry Reid when he engaged in blatant obstruction. What makes them think they'll censure someone in their own party?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline dfwgator

Every time I find myself wanting to distance from Trump, his opponents do something that puts me right back in his corner.

Oceander

This is going way too far. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
An apt analogy is this is like the boy who cried wolf, Rubin has griped against Trump for so long now, it's a bit meaningless to say this now.

Offline RoosGirl

I guess tax reform is DOA?  Wall is DOA?  Anything else Trump would like to get passed is DOA?  What a cluster.

Offline dfwgator

I guess tax reform is DOA?  Wall is DOA?  Anything else Trump would like to get passed is DOA?  What a cluster.

Gridlock is still preferable to the alternative, had Hillary won.

Oceander

Don't worry, after the GOP gets routed in the 2018 midterms Trump will have a Congress run by liberals with whom he can "do business" even though they'll put on a good show and make it look like they're fighting with each other. 

Offline RoosGirl

Let's not go down that old, worn out and broken down road again.

Offline RoosGirl

Don't worry, after the GOP gets routed in the 2018 midterms Trump will have a Congress run by liberals with whom he can "do business" even though they'll put on a good show and make it look like they're fighting with each other.

What?  Me worry?

Offline bolobaby

Lie.

If we had nominated Cruz, he would have wiped the floor with Hillary.

Evidence: the American people were so desperate for the NOT-Hillary candidate they elected the buffoon Trump.

Period.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline endicom

If we had nominated Cruz, he would have wiped the floor with Hillary.

Fantasy.

Evidence: the American people were so desperate for the NOT-Hillary candidate they elected the buffoon Trump.

If Cruz had tried to get anything done then he'd have faced the same fury as Trump. He's not the fighter that Trump is so he'd be another Bushwimp.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Fantasy.

If Cruz had tried to get anything done then he'd have faced the same fury as Trump. He's not the fighter that Trump is so he'd be another Bushwimp.
Cruz is smarter than Trump, actually knows and understands the Constitution and know how the Seante and Congress works, Trump is the dealmaker? PLEASE! But we have to work with the hand dealt, your using the same old "but still better than' argument isn't exactly the answer to the problem either. Oh and one other thing Cruz isn't that Trump is..........a liar.

I try to stay midle of the road but sometimes.................
:thud:

Offline TomSea

Fantasy.

This is all old news and talking about this stuff can leave to frayed feelings, it is in the past.  I largely agree with you and that's all I will say.

I would have voted for whomever was nominated by the GOP.

Offline TomSea

Cruz is smarter than Trump, actually knows and understands the Constitution and know how the Seante and Congress works, Trump is the dealmaker? PLEASE! But we have to work with the hand dealt, your using the same old "but still better than' argument isn't exactly the answer to the problem either. Oh and one other thing Cruz isn't that Trump is..........a liar.

I try to stay midle of the road but sometimes.................
:thud:

Wait till next year!  :tongue2:

Offline RoosGirl

And here we go down that damn road anyway.  Thanks a lot.

Online GtHawk

Wait till next year!  :tongue2:
Don't I know it, already dumped talk radio, can't stand any of the so called mainstream media, used to enjoy TOS for the quick and far reaching news but now common sense and courtesy are harder to find there then unobtanium! If I thought I could find a nice comfortable cave I might consider becoming a hermit, but the world doesn't stop just because we ignore it. :shrug:

Thank goodness that although nerves get frayed here from time to time, almost all of the time everyone manages to get along well!
22222frying pan

Online GtHawk

And here we go down that damn road anyway.  Thanks a lot.
No more by me, I put the Stude in park!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well said.

Maybe you could get a job in TV creating the crawls at the bottom of the screen.  The people watching at home would appreciate the translations into plain English.

@Hondo69

LOL! I have never thought of that,but now that you mention it,that is an excellent idea. Maybe even copy the old SNL thing where a guy in a small circle shouts the news for the hearing impaired?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@RoosGirl

Why else do you think this coordinated mass attack is being made on him by the media and both branches of the ruling party? Trump wants to tip over their apple carts,and it scares the hell out of them.