Author Topic: Voters have a golden opportunity to take down Mitch McConnell  (Read 554 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Voters have a golden opportunity to take down Mitch McConnell
« on: August 15, 2017, 05:55:44 pm »
When Cruz first came into the Senate, McConnell expected him to play his game and back incumbents instead of conservatives trying to get elected. Ted refused and they haven't gotten along since.  McConnell the Lying Turtle and all of his cronies need to go.  Drain that swamp!

Voters have a golden opportunity to take down Mitch McConnell

....Dissatisfaction with Congress remains at an all-time high among Republicans, with only 16 percent of Republican voters approving of the performance of lawmakers on Capitol Hill. It is not unreasonable to hazard a guess that the failure of Majority Leader Sen. Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., to lead the GOP conference to passing President Trump’s agenda plays a part in that dissatisfaction.

Seven years is a remarkable amount of time to make constant promises, only to break them when it counted. That’s exactly what Republicans under McConnell’s leadership did with their campaign pledges to repeal Obamacare, all of which amounted to nothing. Yet McConnell continually backs candidates for the U.S. Senate who are hostile to conservative principles in the GOP......

Voters in Alabama have a unique opportunity to end this drought on Tuesday. McConnell’s establishment forces are going to the mat for incumbent Senator Luther Strange in the special election primary for Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ former Senate seat. Despite millions of dollars flooded into the race in support of Strange by McConnell allies, Judge Roy Moore commands a ten-point lead over Strange in a hypothetical head-to-head matchup that seems ever more likely to come to pass.

But should Moore prevail, why stop there? Several GOP senators are running for re-election in 2018, and many of them are vulnerable to a primary challenge — particularly Sens. Dean Heller, R-Nev., Bob Corker, R-Tenn., Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, and Jeff Flake, R-Ariz...

https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/voters-have-a-golden-opportunity-to-take-down-mitch-mcconnell
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 05:58:37 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline dfwgator

Re: Voters have a golden opportunity to take down Mitch McConnell
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 05:57:56 pm »
And replace him with what?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 05:59:13 pm »

Anyone but him.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 06:25:00 pm »

It would certainly cast a pall on McConnell's influence if his candidate lost by a large margin in Alabama and I'm hoping that's exactly what happens.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 06:28:31 pm »

That's the thing.  Not with a better looking McConnell (but then who isn't?).  But I'm reading that John Connelly is next in line and already asking to be considered.

We do not want that.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 06:31:36 pm »
That's the thing.  Not with a better looking McConnell (but then who isn't?).  But I'm reading that John Connelly is next in line and already asking to be considered.

We do not want that.

You meant John Cornyn, right?

Damn autocorrect... Cornyn wouldn't be any better.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 06:47:55 pm »
I'll vote Mitch, just to piss the screamers off.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 06:54:29 pm »
Anyone but him.
OK, then. You'll get this guy instead. Hope you're happy!

« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 06:54:47 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 06:55:16 pm »
You meant John Cornyn, right?

Damn autocorrect... Cornyn wouldn't be any better.

Yeah, I meant Cornyn and he's almost as bad.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2017, 07:36:24 pm »
I'll vote Mitch, just to piss the screamers off.

Ditto.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”