Author Topic: Merck's CEO resigned from Trump's manufacturing council over Charlottesville — and immediately faced Trump's ire  (Read 6797 times)

Offline RoosGirl

There we go.

Knees jerking already.

The damn stuff had recombinant DNA in it when it went to market.

Merck execs knew it was filth, and sent it out anyway.

They blamed it on manufacturing, except that it was contaminated with recombinant DNA from every manufacturing facility that produced the horror.

Thank you both So Much for knowing what you're talking about before shooting your mouths off.

Who is "both" ?

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Amazing. Simply Amazing.

If I were a college Prof and you 2 (Abaraxas) turned this in, I'd give you both an F, for not even bothering to glance through the course materials before taking the exam.

Why is it that after witnessing Govt Contractors in every other sector Lie, Cheat, and Steal there are still some of us (far too many) who bask in the mistaken belief that if it's Health Care, . . . we're dealing with Dr Ben Casey, Dr Marcus Wellby, Florence Nightingale and Mother Teresa?

CMS (Centers for Medicare Services) disburses over a Trillion Dollars annually.

But everyone sticking their fingers in that pot is a Saint?

God alone knows how many girls Merck KNOWINGLY crippled for life selling it.

But the fact that Sane Vax rote it up automatically disqualifies it.

AFTER I got the Daily Beast as a source on another thread dismissing my points regarding The Prince that Machiavelli was trolling the Royalty of Europe with his writings.

Un-Real.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Looks like I left this thread at exactly the right time.  The only thing missing was a Kennedy assassination conspiracy theory.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RoosGirl

Amazing. Simply Amazing.

If I were a college Prof and you 2 (Abaraxas) turned this in, I'd give you both an F, for not even bothering to glance through the course materials before taking the exam.

Why is it that after witnessing Govt Contractors in every other sector Lie, Cheat, and Steal there are still some of us (far too many) who bask in the mistaken belief that if it's Health Care, . . . we're dealing with Dr Ben Casey, Dr Marcus Wellby, Florence Nightingale and Mother Teresa?

CMS (Centers for Medicare Services) disburses over a Trillion Dollars annually.

But everyone sticking their fingers in that pot is a Saint?

God alone knows how many girls Merck KNOWINGLY crippled for life selling it.

But the fact that Sane Vax rote it up automatically disqualifies it.

AFTER I got the Daily Beast as a source on another thread dismissing my points regarding The Prince that Machiavelli was trolling the Royalty of Europe with his writings.

Un-Real.

There seems to be some misunderstanding here.  I asked if you had posted the story elsewhere because it is not directly related to the OP and I would like to read and comment further on it.

Wingnut

Looks like I left this thread at exactly the right time.  The only thing missing was a Kennedy assassination conspiracy theory.

@Emjay It's coming.   Just wait for it.

Offline RoosGirl

There is a lot going on with Merck, specifically regarding their MMR vaccine (that they have sole manufacturing license for in the US) and now this one.  You must not be aware of it to compare it to a Kennedy assassination conspiracy.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
There is a lot going on with Merck, specifically regarding their MMR vaccine (that they have sole manufacturing license for in the US) and now this one.  You must not be aware of it to compare it to a Kennedy assassination conspiracy.

You are exactly right.  I know there are always theories about Merck and other Big Pharmas but I don't pay any attention to it.  Someone let me know when something is actually proven.

Offline RoosGirl

You are exactly right.  I know there are always theories about Merck and other Big Pharmas but I don't pay any attention to it.  Someone let me know when something is actually proven.

Yeah, not just theories, but actual lawsuits (multiple) brought by scientists that worked for Merck claiming that Merck has been misrepresenting the efficacy rates of the MMR vaccine.  What you may not be aware of is that based on its promise that efficacy stay above 95% the US gov't granted Merck the sole manufacturing license of every MMR vaccine made in the US.  You may also not be aware that there have been a number of outbreaks in highly vaccinated populations.  The scientists claim that, in order to keep the manufacturing license, Merck has been basically lying about the MMR efficacy rate.  Based on the outbreaks and the scientists first hand knowledge of the vaccine, that seems like enough initial evidence to keep an eye on the on-going fraud case.

In addition to that fraud case, also ongoing, claiming that Merck has hid data regarding a link between autism and MMR vaccine specifically in young, black boys.  I am a little more dubious on this case, but still worth understanding what is going on and what the real story is.

The above linked story appears to be a part of a pattern regarding problems with Merck vaccine manufacturing.  It may turn out that the story is inaccurate, but knowing what I already know about Merck I think I will remain a little curious about what might be going on. 

Silver Pines

He sent me a postcard from here a couple of weeks ago, I do miss him.

@corbe

Scrolling through, reading the thread backwards, and I literally LOL'd.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Yeah, not just theories, but actual lawsuits (multiple) brought by scientists that worked for Merck claiming that Merck has been misrepresenting the efficacy rates of the MMR vaccine.  What you may not be aware of is that based on its promise that efficacy stay above 95% the US gov't granted Merck the sole manufacturing license of every MMR vaccine made in the US.  You may also not be aware that there have been a number of outbreaks in highly vaccinated populations.  The scientists claim that, in order to keep the manufacturing license, Merck has been basically lying about the MMR efficacy rate.  Based on the outbreaks and the scientists first hand knowledge of the vaccine, that seems like enough initial evidence to keep an eye on the on-going fraud case.

In addition to that fraud case, also ongoing, claiming that Merck has hid data regarding a link between autism and MMR vaccine specifically in young, black boys.  I am a little more dubious on this case, but still worth understanding what is going on and what the real story is.

The above linked story appears to be a part of a pattern regarding problems with Merck vaccine manufacturing.  It may turn out that the story is inaccurate, but knowing what I already know about Merck I think I will remain a little curious about what might be going on.

Thanks, but right now, I must give my attention to the plight of the Cattle Egret. 

Some idiot thought it would be a good idea to bring these birds to Hawaii because they eat ticks off cattle, and, needless to say, the cattle like that.

Unfortunately, they also spread some tick-related diseases.

But the main problem is that nature groups are mad because they think these interlopers are interfering with the native bird population.  They are illegal aliens.  Are they welcome in the land of Aloha or not.  I welcome them because they are beautiful and one came to my yard this morning.

So, you can see I have my hands full and Merck will have to go on without me.

Offline RoosGirl

Thanks, but right now, I must give my attention to the plight of the Cattle Egret. 

Some idiot thought it would be a good idea to bring these birds to Hawaii because they eat ticks off cattle, and, needless to say, the cattle like that.

Unfortunately, they also spread some tick-related diseases.

But the main problem is that nature groups are mad because they think these interlopers are interfering with the native bird population.  They are illegal aliens.  Are they welcome in the land of Aloha or not.  I welcome them because they are beautiful and one came to my yard this morning.

So, you can see I have my hands full and Merck will have to go on without me.

Bless your heart.

Offline endicom

He worked under Curtis LeMay, you know. It all fits.

@Emjay

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 11:32:12 pm by endicom »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Offline RoosGirl

Tell me.  the troubles just don't stop.

Well, there are those type of people that work hard to bring it on themselves.   :shrug:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Well, there are those type of people that work hard to bring it on themselves.   :shrug:

There are people who do that but I'm not one of them.

Just trying to put things into perspective.

Online corbe

President Trump doubles down:

Donald J. Trump
 ✔  ‎@realDonaldTrump 

.@Merck Pharma is a leader in higher & higher drug prices while at the same time taking jobs out of the U.S. Bring jobs back & LOWER PRICES!

5:09 PM - Aug 14, 2017
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RoosGirl

There are people who do that but I'm not one of them.

Just trying to put things into perspective.

I completely understand.  A potential vaccine problem that affects tens of millions of people across the country is peanuts compared to ticks.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
   President Trump doubles down:

Maybe he should get his posterior to work on corporate tax restructuring and give them incentive to  produce domestically.  I'm not particularly impressed with him casting aspersions on outsourcing, when many of his branded products were produced abroad.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 12:38:26 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Maybe he should get his posterior to work on corporate tax restructuring and give them incentive to  produce domestically.  I'm not particularly impressed with him casting aspersions on outsourcing, when many of his branded products were produced abroad.
OOOH! What you said, thread going to hell in three.....two.....one!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I have a better idea!  Let's not even try to fix that. Let's just get rid of it entirely and be done with it!  It's nothing but a subterfuge to begin with!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

I have a better idea!  Let's not even try to fix that. Let's just get rid of it entirely and be done with it!  It's nothing but a subterfuge to begin with!

Sorry, but I'm not following.  Can you be more specific?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Sorry, but I'm not following.  Can you be more specific?

The Corporate Income Tax!  Corporations don't pay either the tax or the costs of compliance. Their customers pay them all!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

The Corporate Income Tax!  Corporations don't pay either the tax or the costs of compliance. Their customers pay them all!

Regulations that limit competition to the big players.

Offline edpc

Fine, but I'd rather pay a 10–15% markup than 35%.  Plus, the manufacturing, support personnel, and vendors all stay domestic and so does the revenue.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Fine, but I'd rather pay a 10–15% markup than 35%.  Plus, the manufacturing, support personnel, and vendors all stay domestic and so does the revenue.

If we just do away with the Corporate income tax entirely our producers will rule the world in short order!

And getting rid of useless, competition limiting regulations would be a big plus as well!

« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 01:15:17 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien