Author Topic: White House updates Trump's Charlottesville statement to condemn 'extremist groups'  (Read 1989 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 White House updates Trump's Charlottesville statement to condemn 'extremist groups'

The Trump administration tried to reframe the president’s earlier, vague statement that blamed “many sides” for violence in Charlottesville

By NANCY COOK

08/13/2017 12:28 PM EDT

The Trump administration on Sunday tried to reframe the president’s earlier, vague statement that blamed “many sides” for violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, a day earlier, after his comments sparked outrage from at least a dozen prominent Republican lawmakers.

In a statement, the White House sought to clarify that President Donald Trump condemns violence, bigotry and hatred, and it said “of course that includes white supremacists, KKK, neo-Nazis and all extremist groups.”

The clarification came less than 24 hours after Trump seemingly blamed both white supremacists and counterprotesters for the vitriol and clashes in the Virginia college town, which left a woman dead and about 20 people injured. Two state police troopers were killed when their helicopter crashed on the outskirts of town.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/13/trump-charlottesville-extremist-groups-241590
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

It was only "vague" to those who wanted to see it that way.

Offline RoosGirl

I guess that puts Trump in the same group of weasels that only mentioned the alt right group.

Wingnut

Why do they even bother?   

Just makes you want to run naked to the window. Throw it Open . And Yell....

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Rather disgraceful of President Trump to reject his MOST ardent supporters.
“This represents a turning point for the people of this country. We are determined to take this country back. We’re gonna fulfill the promises of Donald Trump. That’s what we believed in. That’s why we voted for Donald Trump because he said he’s going to take our country back.” - David Duke  Aug. 12 in Charlottesville, Va

Offline RoosGirl

Rather disgraceful of President Trump to reject his MOST ardent supporters.
“This represents a turning point for the people of this country. We are determined to take this country back. We’re gonna fulfill the promises of Donald Trump. That’s what we believed in. That’s why we voted for Donald Trump because he said he’s going to take our country back.” - David Duke  Aug. 12 in Charlottesville, Va

Curiously there are a wide variety of people, who believe completely different things, that managed to hear Trump say exactly what they wanted him to.  They can't all be right... Or can they?

Offline Cripplecreek

Curiously there are a wide variety of people, who believe completely different things, that managed to hear Trump say exactly what they wanted him to.  They can't all be right... Or can they?

Its an old school sales technique that trump used. I learned about it years ago at a seminar on sales. It was a historical perspective.

He never finishes sentences because that allows the buyer to fill in the blanks with their own hopes and dreams. When the buyer figures out that he isn't getting what he thought he was getting the seller can legitimately claim he never promised what the buyer hoped for.

After all, these idiots were down there to protest the removal of confederate symbols that Donald Trump himself has said (during the campaign) should be removed from public spaces.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The statement was powerful, on-point, and did not need revising...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msY25ynGTuo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msY25ynGTuo

Offline Concerned

What was missing from his initial statement IMO was a condemnation of the specific hate groups, by name, involved in Charlottesville.  The President doesn’t normally shy away from condemning or otherwise attacking people be it Chuck Schumer, Mitch McConnell, specific news outlets, Lisa Murkowski, etc.  The lack of a by-name condemnation was conspicuously missing from Saturday’s statement and was not by accident IMO.   I think the White House responded to the general reaction of it missing by apparently feeling the need to “clarify” his previous non-specific statement with a by-name condemnation.  Yet another unforced error. 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Cripplecreek

What was missing from his initial statement IMO was a condemnation of the specific hate groups, by name, involved in Charlottesville.  The President doesn’t normally shy away from condemning or otherwise attacking people be it Chuck Schumer, Mitch McConnell, specific news outlets, Lisa Murkowski, etc.  The lack of a by-name condemnation was conspicuously missing from Saturday’s statement and was not by accident IMO.   I think the White House responded to the general reaction of it missing by apparently feeling the need to “clarify” his previous non-specific statement with a by-name condemnation.  Yet another unforced error.

When the Klan endorsed Ronald Reagan he didn't hesitate. He named them and rejected them in a personal signed statement.

''Those of us in public life can only resent the use of our names by those who seek political recognition for the repugnant doctrines of hate they espouse.

''The politics of racial hatred and religious bigotry practiced by the Klan and others have no place in this country, and are destructive of the values for which America has always stood.''

Offline NavyCanDo

When the Klan endorsed Ronald Reagan he didn't hesitate. He named them and rejected them in a personal signed statement.

''Those of us in public life can only resent the use of our names by those who seek political recognition for the repugnant doctrines of hate they espouse.

''The politics of racial hatred and religious bigotry practiced by the Klan and others have no place in this country, and are destructive of the values for which America has always stood.''

Ronald Reagan

God I miss him.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Cripplecreek

God I miss him.

No weasel words with Reagan.

Clearly the greatest political speaker of my lifetime.

Oceander

Ronald Reagan

God I miss him.

Tell me about it.  Right now I'd settle for someone who was 1/10th who he was and would count myself lucky.   

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

But was it an error or purposely?

Article from American Conservative:

I’ve been out running errands for most of today, and come back to see a horrifying glimpse of America, 2017:

A planned protest in Virginia by white nationalists was abandoned on Saturday after a spate of violence prompted the governor to declare a state of emergency and law enforcement officers to clear the area.

The demonstration, which both organizers and critics had said was the largest gathering of white nationalists in recent years, turned violent almost immediately and left at least one person dead and a number of people injured. “I am heartbroken that a life has been lost here,” Mayor Mike Signer, said on social media.

In comments from Bedminster, N.J., President Trump condemned the violence and called for the swift restoration of order. “We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides,” he said.

The turmoil began with a march Friday night and escalated Saturday morning as hundreds of white nationalists gathered. Waving Confederate flags, chanting Nazi-era slogans, wearing helmets and carrying shields, they converged on a statue of Robert E. Lee in the city’s Emancipation Park and began chanting phrases like “You will not replace us,” and “Jew will not replace us.”

Later, someone deliberately drove a muscle car into a group of people demonstrating against the white nationalists. One person is dead from that deliberate act of terrorism, one that copies what Muslim radicals in Europe have done.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/white-racial-terrorism/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Wingnut

I’ve been out running errands for most of today, and come back to see a horrifying glimpse of America, 2017:

It is 1968 all over again. 

Sit back and enjoy the bumpy ride.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 11:10:00 pm by mystery-ak »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
 :thumbsup3:

I give thumbs up to Trump, they wanted him to say something about that Mosque bombing too, which looks like an inside job and had little damage.

Don't let the media control the narrative.

I watched last campaign where two times, Senator Ted Cruz told the press off.

Yes, Reagan had to deal with the press too,  35 years ago.

Offline Cripplecreek

Their flier BTW.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

He probably thought the list was too long. It probably was too long. Unless it didn't include EVERY hate group that was there.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Wingnut

Offline Crazieman

Plan on joining?
Don't be silly.
All his posts are in defense of Antifa.
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Bitch please.

It is 1968 all over again. 

Sit back and enjoy the bumpy ride.

The use of B word uncalled for. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Wingnut

Don't be silly.
All his posts are in defense of Antifa.

He is anti trump.  His enemy  is his friend.

Wingnut

The use of B word uncalled for.

Bitch please.