Author Topic: Barack Obama Tweets Poignant Message About Racism in Wake of Charlottesville Tragedy  (Read 1045 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Barack Obama Tweets Poignant Message About Racism in Wake of Charlottesville Tragedy
The Wrap, Aug 12, 2017, Tim Kenneally

Former chief executive takes a page from Nelson Mandela to offer a message about the nature of hate and love

Following a violent day of protest in Charlottesville, Virginia, former president Barack Obama offered a poignant message about racism on social media Saturday night.

Obama took to Twitter to offer a reflection on the nature of hatred and love, courtesy of Nelson Mandela.

“No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion…,” the president tweeted in a series of messages. “People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love...for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.’- Nelson Mandela,” Obama concluded.”

More: https://www.thewrap.com/barack-obama-tweet-message-racism-following-charlottesville-tragedy/

Offline Mom MD

Says the guy who has done more to promote racial strife than anyone else in recent history
God is still in control

Wingnut

Barack is acting stupidly.

Offline dfwgator

:3:

I was thinking more along these lines .....   :peeonobama:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Piss off, Worm.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Applewood

Says the guy who has done more to promote racial strife than anyone else in recent history

Exactly.  Interesting that he would have something to say when the tragedy might have been caused by some white supremacist/alt right adherent, but he is silent when some Black Lives Matter fan shoots a police officer for the hell of it.

Offline skeeter

When Obama urged his stooges to 'get up in their faces' he never considered that somebody else's stooges might reciprocate.

Either you believe we should all get along or you don't.

I hate to admit this, but Obama was quite clever quoting Nelson Mandela.   :smokin:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Workplace Weekend Violence
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline goatprairie

Just what the country needs....advice from Gasoline Barry on how to alleviate America's race hate problems.   :facepalm2:

Offline Mom MD

Exactly.  Interesting that he would have something to say when the tragedy might have been caused by some white supremacist/alt right adherent, but he is silent when some Black Lives Matter fan shoots a police officer for the hell of it.

Silent?  He openly sides with BLM.
God is still in control

Offline mountaineer

Barry learned all his hate - and who knows what else - from his daddy figure Frank M. Davis.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

Silent?  He openly sides with BLM.

Yes, I guess you're right.  I do know that  he doesn't care about black on black crime -- such as those murders in his home city of Chicago.  It's sad that he bamboozled so many blacks into voting for him, but in the end he really never cared about them.  Yet, if given a chance to run for president again, they would vote for him. 

Offline goatprairie

Yes, I guess you're right.  I do know that  he doesn't care about black on black crime -- such as those murders in his home city of Chicago.  It's sad that he bamboozled so many blacks into voting for him, but in the end he really never cared about them.  Yet, if given a chance to run for president again, they would vote for him.
In every incident involving a white cop/person and a black,  Obama always blamed the white person. He could have done a lot to diminish the racial hatred in the country. Instead, he fanned the flames and used race-baiting scoundrels, like Al Sharpton, to be his advisors on race matters.
Obama's sole intent during his terms was to blame whites for all black problems. This was picked up by his idolators many whom were inspired by Obama to kill cops and whites.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 03:40:27 pm by goatprairie »