Author Topic: Kelly considers further shuffling of West Wing staff, officials say  (Read 322 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Kelly considers further shuffling of West Wing staff, officials say
Politico, Aug 11, 2017

White House chief of staff John Kelly spent this week in Bedminster, N.J., pondering changes in the West Wing, according to four White House officials.

Kelly summoned aides to President Donald Trump’s golf club there to ask about their portfolios and make suggestions on how to make the West Wing communicate better and get more done, while giving people clear responsibilities and then holding them accountable. .../

In a number of daily meetings, Kelly generated a list of concerns, including aides without clear portfolios, decisions that aren’t made with proper vetting and internal fights — particularly a sustained campaign against national security adviser H.R. McMaster. He has met with top aides, including the president’s son-in-law Jared Kushner, about making changes, the four officials say. In some of the encounters, he has suggested that people should be more concerned with the president’s agenda and less concerned with their own.

More: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/11/kelly-considers-more-west-wing-changes-trump-241560

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Kelly considers further shuffling of West Wing staff, officials say
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 09:02:19 pm »
In some of the encounters, he has suggested that people should be more concerned with the president’s agenda and less concerned with their own.

If true, this is good news. 

Offline Concerned

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 03:35:14 am »

In a number of daily meetings, Kelly generated a list of concerns, including aides without clear portfolios, decisions that aren’t made with proper vetting and internal fights — particularly a sustained campaign against national security adviser H.R. McMaster.

If he fixes these things, it would indeed be good news to me.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 02:37:41 pm »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 02:56:25 pm »
Sounds good.

I get irritated at Trump billing the taxpayer for millions when we already provide space for him in DC, but he's on Vaca and a few aides won't cost much.  This is good.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn