Author Topic: Trump barrage stuns McConnell and his allies  (Read 2277 times)

Offline Freedom928

Re: Trump barrage stuns McConnell and his allies
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2017, 07:17:16 pm »
I would have preferred Trump did any criticizing of McConnell behind closed doors and not publicly like this. This is the kind of cringe-worthy tweeting he does that I don't care for.

I do think it's time for McConnell to step down as leader but continue on as a valuable senator. Republicans don't stick together like dems do in congress and we clearly have some RINO pubs who should have a D behind their name like Collins and Murkowski. McCain should be in a mental institution for the rest of his days. He was never right in the head but it has gotten a lot worse since Trump was elected. He clearly has TDS.
Political Correctness Offends Me.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2017, 07:20:25 pm »
Trump vs. Mcconnell? I'll go with McConnell.

A pox on both of them...

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2017, 07:27:45 pm »
Turtle needs to be stunned, as often as possible. He's leader. It's right there in his job description. So effing LEAD, you useless waste of space! We know you are capable of it - you held the line against the Worm's choice of SC justice, keeping the slot open for Trump's nominee.

And if that fairly mild criticism stunned him, he really don't get out much. He'd probably curl into a little ball and choke on his sobs if he read a tenth of what he gets here.

Not that I'm absolving Trump of all blame - he's "the great dealmaker" according to his supporters. Not much sign of that. Yet keeping the Senate onside is NOT TRUMP'S JOB!.

Beh. Feel better now. Thank you for listening.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2017, 07:29:59 pm »
I'm sorry this is going to hurt Trump.

You are entitled to your opinion; but McConnell should have gone long ago.  He's a liar.  He's a RINO.  He needs to go.  If McConnell is replaced by someone more conservative and competent, it will be a feather in Trump's cap.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2017, 07:30:57 pm »
I would have preferred Trump did any criticizing of McConnell behind closed doors and not publicly like this. This is the kind of cringe-worthy tweeting he does that I don't care for.

I do think it's time for McConnell to step down as leader but continue on as a valuable senator. Republicans don't stick together like dems do in congress and we clearly have some RINO pubs who should have a D behind their name like Collins and Murkowski. McCain should be in a mental institution for the rest of his days. He was never right in the head but it has gotten a lot worse since Trump was elected. He clearly has TDS.

McConnell a valuable senator?   :silly:  He's a RINO.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2017, 07:41:02 pm »
You are entitled to your opinion; but McConnell should have gone long ago.  He's a liar.  He's a RINO. 

yep. But the very same thing can be said of Trump himself.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2017, 07:43:40 pm »
McConnell a valuable senator?   :silly:  He's a RINO.

He kept the senate in GOP hands.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2017, 12:43:35 am »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2017, 12:52:38 am »
So the Scorpion tells the Turtle if the he carries the Scorpion on his back across the river, then they will both party it up "bigly."
but halfway across the Scorpion stings the Turtle and they both drown.

That story always makes me smile. ^-^

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2017, 12:54:38 am »
I bet all the republicans in the Senate crapped their pants when Trump won and knew they'd be called to task on a real repeal.  They must have all breathed a collective sigh of relief when Sen McCain got sick and he could be volunteered to be thrown under the bus.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2017, 01:16:36 am »

McConnell's wife is Secretary of Labor...Trump just endorsed a McConnell acolyte in Alabama for Senator.

His ranting about Mitch is an act...red meat for folks that fall for stuff like that.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2017, 01:17:53 am »
He kept the senate in GOP hands.

By lying his @ss off.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2017, 01:24:17 am »
I bet all the republicans in the Senate crapped their pants when Trump won and knew they'd be called to task on a real repeal.
I bet they didn't.  I bet the GOP looked at the election and concluded that Republican voters are too stupid to decide important decisions.  The people elected a reality star as President.  The GOP promised to repeal Obamacare for 8 years, and now that they control the Congress and Whitehouse...they are terribly disappointed, but you can just forget about that happening because, lol, where are you going to go?

Oh surprise!  They ain't prosecuting Hitlery,  they ain't building the Wall, and the swamp is deep and full.  The GOP really doesn't deserve the fear you project on them.  They could not possibly fear the voters. 
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 01:27:37 am by Once-Ler »

Offline bilo

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2017, 01:25:00 am »
I don't see any way the failure to keep a campaign promise that was made for 7 years is Pres. Trump's fault.

It was McConnell who said in mid Dec. that obamacare would be the first order of business and would be repealed within 2 days.

It is McConnell who doesn't hold liars accountable for telling the public one thing during the campaign and then doing the opposite when it is time to follow through.

Pres. Trump really turned me off during the campaign. I did not like a lot of things he did, but once elected he's tried to do exactly what he said he would do. His error was in believing the GOP weren't a bunch of liars and cheats.

The GOP may undercut Pres. Trump for the balance of his term, but they will pay the price at the polls. It's a better than even bet Pres. Trump's base will turn out for him. I see no reason to turn out for the Pub party.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2017, 01:27:20 am »
I don't see any way the failure to keep a campaign promise that was made for 7 years is Pres. Trump's fault.

It was McConnell who said in mid Dec. that obamacare would be the first order of business and would be repealed within 2 days.

It is McConnell who doesn't hold liars accountable for telling the public one thing during the campaign and then doing the opposite when it is time to follow through.

Pres. Trump really turned me off during the campaign. I did not like a lot of things he did, but once elected he's tried to do exactly what he said he would do. His error was in believing the GOP weren't a bunch of liars and cheats.

The GOP may undercut Pres. Trump for the balance of his term, but they will pay the price at the polls. It's a better than even bet Pres. Trump's base will turn out for him. I see no reason to turn out for the Pub party.

Trump was the one that said Obamacare would be repealed day one of his Presidency.

But then he is also on the record as wanting single payer.

So who knows what he really wants...all people know is that he didn't do what he said he'd do.  He's the damn President.  He has the power and the authority to call the Republican leaders in the House and Senate to his office and tell them to get their act together and get something done.

As long as he merely tweets his displeasure they don't feel like they have to do a thing.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2017, 01:37:17 am »
I bet they didn't.  I bet the GOP looked at the election and concluded that Republican voters are too stupid to decide important decisions.  The people elected a reality star as President.  The GOP promised to repeal Obamacare for 8 years, and now that they control the Congress and Whitehouse...they are terribly disappointed, but you can just forget about that happening because, lol, where are you going to go?

Oh surprise!  They ain't prosecuting Hitlery,  they ain't building the Wall, and the swamp is deep and full.  The GOP really doesn't deserve the fear you project on them.  They could not possibly fear the voters.

I guess we'll see what happens in the next elections.

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2017, 01:42:38 am »

Are you saying that all of candidate Trump's promises to drain the swamp, and to fix a "dysfunctional DC"...I know he didn't use a polysyllabic word like dysfunctional...but candidate Trump said something like "nothing gets done in DC"...and he was going to fix it...and people asked him how he was going to do it, and he told them "You'll see," and "It will be easy. I'll just pick up the phone and DONE!  Like Carrier."

That is a bold prediction.  I foresee a civil unrest, nuclear fallout, and then Thunderdome!  Two Men Enter One Man Leaves!

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2017, 01:56:21 am »
I guess we'll see what happens in the next elections.

That's what the President says too "You'll see."...I wish I didn't have to wait 15 months to see.
The last 7 months have been blessed with numerous life altering alcohol triggering events.

President Trump means always having an excuse to stay drunk.  Thank you Mr. President. :beer:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2017, 02:14:56 am »
That's what the President says too "You'll see."...I wish I didn't have to wait 15 months to see.
The last 7 months have been blessed with numerous life altering alcohol triggering events.

President Trump means always having an excuse to stay drunk.  Thank you Mr. President. :beer:

LOL.  I rarely drink, but had one myself tonight.

Offline bilo

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2017, 02:22:46 am »
Trump was the one that said Obamacare would be repealed day one of his Presidency.

But then he is also on the record as wanting single payer.

So who knows what he really wants...all people know is that he didn't do what he said he'd do.  He's the damn President.  He has the power and the authority to call the Republican leaders in the House and Senate to his office and tell them to get their act together and get something done.

As long as he merely tweets his displeasure they don't feel like they have to do a thing.

So what?

The Pub party rallying cry for 7 years was give us the majority and we will repeal obamacare. Pres. Trump is a johnny come lately on this issue.

People who want to "play nice and be genteel" don't like the tweeting. These are the same people who don't think breaking a campaign promise as big as repealing obamacare is no big deal.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2017, 02:27:11 am »
So what?

The Pub party rallying cry for 7 years was give us the majority and we will repeal obamacare. Pres. Trump is a johnny come lately on this issue.

People who want to "play nice and be genteel" don't like the tweeting. These are the same people who don't think breaking a campaign promise as big as repealing obamacare is no big deal.

I agree with you...I was just explaining as to why IMO Trump gets some blame for broken campaign promises.

Offline bilo

« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2017, 02:31:12 am »
Are you saying that all of candidate Trump's promises to drain the swamp, and to fix a "dysfunctional DC"...I know he didn't use a polysyllabic word like dysfunctional...but candidate Trump said something like "nothing gets done in DC"...and he was going to fix it...and people asked him how he was going to do it, and he told them "You'll see," and "It will be easy. I'll just pick up the phone and DONE!  Like Carrier."

That is a bold prediction.  I foresee a civil unrest, nuclear fallout, and then Thunderdome!  Two Men Enter One Man Leaves!

I think Pres. Trump figured he would play nice with them by hiring a number of establishment Pubs, putting some establishment Pubs in Cabinet positions, and let the establishment legislators work out the details on the bills. After all they claimed for 7 years that they would repeal obamacare. They claim to want to end gridlock. I think Pres. Trump made an error, but it does not excuse the Pubs lying and cheating.

As far as support for Pub candidates in the future, why would anyone vote for a bunch of liars and cheats? I know the Rats are lunatics, but so what. It's not like the Pubs care, or would stop them.

Offline bilo

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2017, 02:37:36 am »
I agree with you...I was just explaining as to why IMO Trump gets some blame for broken campaign promises.

You're right that his hands aren't clean. But the Pubs shouldn't have needed any prompting from him and they knew he would sign anything. The Pubs have only had complete control of the govt 4x's in the last 100 years. This wasn't just bad politics. It was an epic failure and odds are the opportunity will not come again for a very long time.

At this point the only thing helping the Pubs is the Rats are lunatics. But the lunatics are so fired up they will crawl across glass to vote. I don't see the Pub base as excited. I know I'm not. I won't vote for a bunch of liars and cheats and will be encouraging my friends to do the same.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2017, 02:39:49 am »
You're right that his hands aren't clean. But the Pubs shouldn't have needed any prompting from him and they knew he would sign anything. The Pubs have only had complete control of the govt 4x's in the last 100 years. This wasn't just bad politics. It was an epic failure and odds are the opportunity will not come again for a very long time.

At this point the only thing helping the Pubs is the Rats are lunatics. But the lunatics are so fired up they will crawl across glass to vote. I don't see the Pub base as excited. I know I'm not. I won't vote for a bunch of liars and cheats and will be encouraging my friends to do the same.

:amen:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2017, 02:46:26 am »

Agreed, and what I was leading to in my comment about the pubs soiling themselves.  I think the next elections are going to be unkind for them.