Author Topic: Trump barrage stuns McConnell and his allies  (Read 2279 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump barrage stuns McConnell and his allies
« on: August 12, 2017, 02:17:20 pm »
By Alexander Bolton - 08/12/17 06:05 AM EDT

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) did not intend to pick a fight when he questioned President Trump’s expectations and was surprised by the explosion it produced, according to people close to the Senate GOP leader.

McConnell and Trump spoke Wednesday about what McConnell’s allies characterized as a misunderstanding, but that did little to quell the president’s anger.

"We should have had healthcare approved," Trump said Friday from his New Jersey golf club. "[McConnell] should have known that he had a couple of votes that turned on him and that should have been very easy to handle, whether it's through the fact that can take away a committee chairmanship or do whatever you have to do."

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/346271-trump-barrage-stuns-mcconnell-and-his-allies
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online kevindavis007

Re: Trump barrage stuns McConnell and his allies
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 03:17:27 pm »
I'm sorry this is going to hurt Trump.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 03:19:03 pm »

Maybe if Trump had done a bit to help instead of hamper, things would be different.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jpsb

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 03:23:24 pm »

Lisa Murkowski Alaska    
   John McCain Ariz.    
   Dean Heller Nev.    
   Lamar Alexander Tenn.    
   Shelley Moore Capito W.Va.    
   Rob Portman  Ohio

The above voted to repeal ACA went they knew Zero would never sign it
The above voted not to repeal went they knew Trump would sign it
The above are hypocrites of the worst order.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 03:23:25 pm »

Yup. He's already a lame duck.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 03:25:39 pm »

Maybe if Trump had done a bit to help instead of hamper, things would be different.

But of course everything is always Trumps' fault. /s

Trump foolishly thought the GOP meant it when the voted numerous times to repeal OCare when O was president.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 03:26:35 pm »
   Lisa Murkowski Alaska   
   John McCain Ariz.   
   Dean Heller Nev.   
   Lamar Alexander Tenn.   
   Shelley Moore Capito W.Va.   
   Rob Portman  Ohio

The above voted to repeal ACA went they knew Zero would never sign it
The above voted not to repeal went they knew Trump would sign it
The above are hypocrites of the worst order.

Maybe if Trump sat down with leaders of both houses and make deal maybe Obamacare would have been killed. He claims to be a great deal maker.  A great deal maker doesn't do crap like this.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 03:28:05 pm »

It maybe a bit early, but it looks like it.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017, 03:28:15 pm »

Still rooting for the progressive left I see. Tell me what is it about progressive left you like so much?

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2017, 03:38:01 pm »

I feel pretty confident that with a good leader, this could have been passed.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 03:38:51 pm »

Maybe if Trump sat down with leaders of both houses and make deal maybe Obamacare would have been killed. He claims to be a great deal maker.  A great deal maker doesn't do crap like this.

We just don't understand six dimensional chess...
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2017, 03:40:13 pm »

I feel even more confident that with a mediocre leader, ACA repeal would have passed.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2017, 04:57:15 pm »
I feel even more confident that with a mediocre leader, ACA repeal would have passed.
Yup.
+++++++++

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2017, 05:42:09 pm »
By Alexander Bolton - 08/12/17 06:05 AM EDT

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) did not intend to pick a fight when he questioned President Trump’s expectations and was surprised by the explosion it produced, according to people close to the Senate GOP leader.

McConnell and Trump spoke Wednesday about what McConnell’s allies characterized as a misunderstanding, but that did little to quell the president’s anger.

"We should have had healthcare approved," Trump said Friday from his New Jersey golf club. "[McConnell] should have known that he had a couple of votes that turned on him and that should have been very easy to handle, whether it's through the fact that can take away a committee chairmanship or do whatever you have to do."

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/346271-trump-barrage-stuns-mcconnell-and-his-allies

Why the negativity here?  I don't blame Trump at all.  McConnell is a weasel and a turncoat.  He had the nerve to blame Trump for unrealistic expectations.  Unrealistic?  A bill was passed before by these people under McConnell's so-called leadership.  Yes, McConnell could have put on a lot more pressure if he'd wanted to

Trump would have signed any bill, which may not be to his credit, but after the Cruz Amendment was added it was a bill worthy of signing.

McConnell fails and fails badly and then blames Trump.  And now, a bunch of other losers are blaming him also.

This will not hurt Trump.  It will help him.  It helped him with me.  Now he just needs to go back to Alabama and endorse The Judge.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2017, 05:43:47 pm »
Trump vs. Mcconnell? I'll go with McConnell.

But then again I'm not a Limbaug-listening Trumplicker.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2017, 05:45:03 pm »

Sure you are...    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2017, 05:49:53 pm »

Only a truly dedicated Trump hater could go with McConnell here.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2017, 05:53:59 pm »
McConnell is a creep and I'm glad to see someone call him on it.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2017, 05:56:50 pm »
Never thought I'd have to support Trump, but I'd take him over McTurtle any day. McTurtle in ALL his years in the Senate, hasn't accomplished half as much as Trump as POTUS. Except to complain and make excuses.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2017, 06:03:53 pm »

Exactly.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2017, 06:10:04 pm »
Trump foolishly thought the GOP meant it when the voted numerous times to repeal OCare when O was president.

Anyone with half a brain knew what the score was.

Too bad we got saddled with the quarter-brainer that got blindsided by the obvious.
+++++++++

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2017, 06:18:05 pm »

Maybe it has to do with not repealing but replacing with a healthcare that would cost Americans more money than ACA.  Repeal was what we wanted not more expensive healthcare.  Republicans and the President were quick to forget what we voted for.  And to Trumps credit he is supporting the Immigration bill put forth by Tom Cotton.  But Republicans are still stuck on stupid and don't remember what the public voted for.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

HonestJohn

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2017, 07:00:01 pm »

Who is the focal point in the Senate for prioritising and crafting legislation?

McConnell.

Who did Trump just tick off?

McConnell.

--

Have you heard the expression "You attract more flies with honey, not vinegar"?

Offline Freedom928

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2017, 07:12:45 pm »

You're assuming the Senators were interested in making this happen. It's clear in hindsight certain senators had no intention of voting to repeal the ACA. Bonehead McCain voted no just to spite Trump and the two publican women claim they wanted to preserve tax dollars going to Planned Parenthood. None of these three belong in the republican party. One of the basic tenets of the right is not spending tax money to kill babies. It's a hard-wired non-negotiable tenet. McCain is simply a traitor like he always was.
Political Correctness Offends Me.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2017, 07:13:59 pm »
You're assuming the Senators were interested in making this happen. It's clear in hindsight certain senators had no intention of voting to repeal the ACA. Bonehead McCain voted no just to spite Trump and the two publican women claim they wanted to preserve tax dollars going to Planned Parenthood. None of these three belong in the republican party. One of the basic tenets of the right is not spending tax money to kill babies. It's a hard-wired non-negotiable tenet. McCain is simply a traitor like he always was.

The Core of the Republican Party wants Single-Payer, because their Big Business Masters want Single-Payer.