Author Topic: Uh-oh: Is Susan Collins in Trouble?  (Read 509 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Uh-oh: Is Susan Collins in Trouble?
« on: August 11, 2017, 05:23:37 pm »
Uh-oh: Is Susan Collins in Trouble?
Townhall, Aug 10, 2017, Christine Rousselle

<snip>

Although Collins isn't up for reelection to the Senate until 2020, there's been quite a bit of chatter that she may make a run for the Blaine House after Gov. Paul LePage is term-limited in 2018 and cannot run again. Collins previously ran for governor in 1994, losing to the now-Sen. Angus King (I-ME). Given her relative popularity in Maine, one would think that she’d be a relative shoo-in for the position, but an interesting new poll is casting doubt on if she’d even make it past the primary.

The new PPP poll of Republican Mainers has some troubling results for Collins. More than 60 percent of respondents said that they were less likely to vote for Collins in a primary due to her vote on Obamacare repeal, and 62 percent of respondents said that they disapproved of her job in the Senate. Further, only 28 percent of respondents would even commit to voting for Collins in a potential primary situation, and 55 percent said that they’d like to vote for someone who had LePage’s backing. Curiously, a plurality of respondents said that they'd rather vote for Mary Mahew, the current Health and Human Services Commissioner, than Collins. Mahew is the only Republican who has actually declared candidacy.

More:  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle/2017/08/10/uhoh-is-susan-collins-in-trouble-n2367112

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Uh-oh: Is Susan Collins in Trouble?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 05:24:15 pm »
Let's hope she is.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 05:25:04 pm »

More than 60 percent of respondents said that they were less likely to vote for Collins in a primary due to her vote on Obamacare repeal, and 62 percent of respondents said that they disapproved of her job in the Senate

But ... I thought she voted against the repeal for her constituents!??

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 05:28:56 pm »

But ... I thought she voted against the repeal for her constituents!??

More than likely she was being faithful to her true ideology. Big government.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 06:05:09 pm »
More than likely she was being faithful to her true ideology. Big government.
She said she did it to protect PP

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,275261.0.html
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington