Author Topic: Republicans Urged to Make Tax Cuts Retroactive  (Read 362 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans Urged to Make Tax Cuts Retroactive
« on: August 11, 2017, 02:24:32 pm »

By Mark Swanson   |   Friday, 11 Aug 2017 08:51 AM

Conservatives as well as tax and finance leaders are urging Republican lawmakers to make tax cuts retroactive in any legislation they consider, The Hill reported.

And lawmakers are listening.

Steve Forbes, Grover Norquist and Newt Gingrich have all in the past week pushed for cuts that would be retroactive to the start of 2017, and congressional finance committees are giving it consideration, according to the Hill.

"Very important, the GOP must make these reductions retroactive to the beginning of 2017. We want this tax bill to kick up the economy ASAP. And it wouldn't hurt if people got big tax refunds next April," Forbes wrote in a column.

more
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/republicans-urged-tax-cuts-retroactive/2017/08/11/id/807097/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Republicans Urged to Make Tax Cuts Retroactive
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 03:01:53 pm »
As I understood what the GOP was considering, there will also be a plethora of deductions slashed so that only a few deductions will remain, like the mortgage interest and charitable deductions.

While lowering the tax rate is significant, there may be a lot of people impacted by losing their deductions too.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 03:11:32 pm »
As I understood what the GOP was considering, there will also be a plethora of deductions slashed so that only a few deductions will remain, like the mortgage interest and charitable deductions.

While lowering the tax rate is significant, there may be a lot of people impacted by losing their deductions too.

It's all a big shell game to fool people.

Gee, I have an idea...why don't we try cutting spending, first? 

Online Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 05:25:37 pm »
It's unconstitutional.  It was unconstitutional when Clinton did it.  It will be unconstitutional when Trump does it.  And most disturbing of all is the willingness of Republicans to ignore the Constitution.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 10:24:54 pm »
You Think The Deficit Is Bad? Federal Unfunded Liabilities Exceed $127 Trillion
https://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/2014/01/17/you-think-the-deficit-is-bad-federal-unfunded-liabilities-exceed-127-trillion/

I'm not waiting for mythical spending cuts.  I want tax-cuts and I will look favorably on anyone who votes for, or signs, my tax-cuts