Author Topic: Trump hints McConnell's future is bleak if he fails on major GOP agenda items  (Read 336 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump hints McConnell's future is bleak if he fails on major GOP agenda items
by Melissa Quinn | Aug 10, 2017, 3:56 PM

President Trump cast doubt on Mitch McConnell's future Thursday by hinting that the Senate majority leader may need to step down if he can't deliver on Trump's big legislative agenda.

"Well, I'll tell you what. If he doesn't get repeal and replace done, if he doesn't get taxes done, meaning cuts and reform, and if he doesn't get a very easy one to get done – infrastructure – if he doesn't get that done, then you should ask me that question," Trump told reporters at his golf club in Bedminster, N.J., when asked if McConnell should step down, according to a pool report.

The president has been in a public feud with McConnell that began earlier this week when the Senate majority leader blamed Trump for setting "excessive expectations" for healthcare legislation.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-hints-mcconnells-future-is-bleak-if-he-fails-on-major-gop-agenda-items/article/2631191
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Suppressed

Who will hint that Trump's future is bleak if he fails on major GOP agenda items?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online libertybele

Who will hint that Trump's future is bleak if he fails on major GOP agenda items?

Consider that we have 535 members of Congress that need to do their dang jobs!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Night Hides Not

This urinating contest between Trump and McConnell is not at all entertaining. They should be working together instead of launching useless verbal darts at each other.

They're both dead in the water if tax reform and the debt ceiling don't get done. The optics of a government shutdown in October will not be good.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Concerned

Yes, I thought the President was the head of the party.  Of course, that actually requires leadership. 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.