Author Topic: Trump thanks Putin for cutting US diplomats: 'We want to reduce our payroll'  (Read 454 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump thanks Putin for cutting US diplomats: 'We want to reduce our payroll'
By Max Greenwood - 08/10/17 04:43 PM EDT

President Trump thanked Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday for ordering the U.S. to cut its diplomatic staff by 755 people, his first public comments on the extraordinary move by Moscow in response to new sanctions legislation that Trump signed into law.

Trump said he was thanking Putin because the decision allows the U.S. government to "cut down our payroll."

“I want to thank him because we’re trying to cut down our payroll and as far as I’m concerned I’m very thankful that he let go of a large number of people because now we have a smaller payroll," Trump told reporters at his Bedminster, N.J. golf club.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/346108-trump-thanks-putin-for-expelling-us-diplomats-we-want-to-reduce-our
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
What does Putin have on Trump?

Offline Concerned

I kept waiting for a smile or a knowing chuckle, but it never came.   :facepalm2:
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Wingnut

“I want to thank him because we’re trying to cut down our payroll and as far as I’m concerned I’m very thankful that he let go of a large number of people because now we have a smaller payroll,"

That's funny right there I don't care if you are a trump hating Briefer.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
He's gonna pay for that - but worth it.  Certainly made me laugh. :laugh:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink