Author Topic: Former mayor of Corpus Christi who resigned after just 37 days announces his Senate bid against Ted Cruz in 2018  (Read 633 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
The DEMS and RINO's are trying hard to unseat Ted.  I'm still waiting for Castro to jump into the race down the road.  I know everyone thinks he won't be defeated in TX, but they want to turn TX blue and will stop at nothing!

Former mayor of Corpus Christi who resigned after just 37 days announces his Senate bid against Ted Cruz in 2018

The former mayor of Corpus Christi who resigned after just 37 days announced his intentions to challenge Ted Cruz’s Senate seat in 2018.

Dan McQueen, who confirmed his Senate run to the Caller-Times on Wednesday, spoke at Republican events before he abruptly stepped down in January following news reports that questioned his qualifications and choice of chief of staff.

Cruz, who failed in his presidential bid last year, faces a competitive race in the upcoming midterm elections.

A June 2017 poll conducted by the University of Texas shows 35 percent of those surveyed “strongly disapprove” of Cruz’s job performance, compared to 21 percent who “strongly approve”.

And McQueen appears to be taking a page out of the Trump playbook, vowing to fight against “fake news” while taking a strong stand against illegal immigration, according to his campaign website.

McQueen also cast himself as an outsider and railed against “career politicians with little life experience” on his website.

“I have fought my way from the bottom, served in America’s military, fought Fake News, educated and given myself to better Texas and America,” he wrote........

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/corpus-christi-mayor-run-senate-ted-cruz-article-1.3398588
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
....and another challenger is stepping up .....

Ted Cruz’s Democratic challenger tries to steal his tea party support

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article166296692.html
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Bring them on!  Ted Cruz will make mincemeat of those clowns!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

Bring them on!  Ted Cruz will make mincemeat of those clowns!

:amen:

Offline Night Hides Not

....and another challenger is stepping up .....

Ted Cruz’s Democratic challenger tries to steal his tea party support

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article166296692.html

When was the last time someone from El Paso won a statewide election? From living in Texas over 30 years (10 in El Paso), I know that very few people east of Van Horn give a darn about El Paso.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
We can be pretty confident that McConnell will work to get this former mayor the nomination.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Applewood

Seems to me both parties are producing some really lousy candidates to unseat Ted.  I just hope that stupid voters won't fault Ted for the Obamacare repeal fiasco.  He tried.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I understand he is going to campaign against Cruz on the grounds that Cruz is unfit for office because he's Canadian, his dad was involved in the plot to assassinate JFK and he's a liar. Dan McQueen was heard to say, hell it worked for the last guy!

Offline dfwgator

The irony is that Ted is one of the few allies in the Senate that Trump has.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
When was the last time someone from El Paso won a statewide election? From living in Texas over 30 years (10 in El Paso), I know that very few people east of Van Horn give a darn about El Paso.

That is true.  Most Texans consider El Paso a foreign country.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Seems to me both parties are producing some really lousy candidates to unseat Ted.  I just hope that stupid voters won't fault Ted for the Obamacare repeal fiasco.  He tried.
On one hand, he made good-constructive proposals. On the other hand, he did not make a proposal that could be passed.

So in the end, the public, the voters, are still stuck with Obamacare. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Applewood

On one hand, he made good-constructive proposals. On the other hand, he did not make a proposal that could be passed.

So in the end, the public, the voters, are still stuck with Obamacare.

Could be or would be?

His proposals could pass if his lying, cheating, conniving colleagues wanted to.  But as we have seen, the vast majority of them are more interested in their own wants and needs, not those of the people who hired them via the ballot box.