Author Topic: Anti-Trumpers Need To Fire On The Real Enemy Instead Of On Conservatives  (Read 9712 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Good.  Stay there.

We have been and intend to, which drives you people nuts and bonkers because we refuse to step off our narrow path onto your broad highway with your mobs heading to that wide gate you all desperately want to reach.

You'll get there.  Rest assured.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
                    She sure straightened you out @INVAR

Ohhh, yes.....  I feel so.... reprimanded.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Mom MD

I'm in the same boat except that I have seen far more to like than dislike up to now.

I am bitterly disappointed with health care and wish he would revoke congress' waiver not just threaten to do it. He appears to be softening on the tax reform and starting to use the raise taxes on the rich to lower them on the middle class tired old song. If neither health care nor tax reform get done this term watch the market crash and the economic gains evaporate.  Then there is the whole his mouth writes checks that the military may have to cash thing.  The juvenile tweeting has to stop.  I wish I saw more to like - I hope we have something to celebrate by the end of the term.  But I suppose if not Gorsuch was worth casting my vote and having to take a lonnngggg shower last November.
God is still in control

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I am bitterly disappointed with health care and wish he would revoke congress' waiver not just threaten to do it. He appears to be softening on the tax reform and starting to use the raise taxes on the rich to lower them on the middle class tired old song. If neither health care nor tax reform get done this term watch the market crash and the economic gains evaporate.  Then there is the whole his mouth writes checks that the military may have to cash thing.  The juvenile tweeting has to stop.  I wish I saw more to like - I hope we have something to celebrate by the end of the term.  But I suppose if not Gorsuch was worth casting my vote and having to take a lonnngggg shower last November.

I think he is on to something with the tweeting. I may be the only one but I do!  Otherwise I pretty much agree with you.  Congress gets the blame for most of that not having come to fruition IMHO!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I think he is on to something with the tweeting. I may be the only one but I do!  Otherwise I pretty much agree with you.  Congress gets the blame for most of that not having come to fruition IMHO!
If eliminating ObamaCare was truly Trump's goal (which it isn't given his own description of Single Payer that he advocated), the Art of the Dealmaker would surely have used his supernatural gift of negotiating to lobby Congress and pressure them by appealing to the American People of the need for them to repeal ObamaCare.

But he didn't and he won't.

Trump is only about Trump - and this we knew long before he ever even threw his hat into the ring after his meeting with Bill Clinton.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Yes.  The Bible and the Founders are certainly on the fringe of political discourse in this depraved culture.

I'm happy to be the tiny minority on the narrow path and not on the broad road you find yourself on.
I'll walk that narrow path with you, much better than a narrow mind.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I can't help but wonder if Conservatives see any correlation between what's written in this post and the inability to expand their voter base and win national elections.   :pondering:

It is just about down to him alone, still with the Nazi thing after so many warnings. So maybe he can't remember from day to day, or hasn't enough imagination to come up with anything else.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 06:00:05 am by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

It's a constant struggle @Right_in_Virginia to protect what's left of our Constitutional Republic and though winning National Elections is important, it's not worth sacrificing your Values and Principles over.

I'd much rather @INVAR in my foxhole than someone who will fall for anything.

In a foxhole I want more than talk. I want action. Effective, pragmatic, focused, targeted action at the enemy, not our own side.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 05:58:02 am by truth_seeker »

Offline truth_seeker

I am very relieved you represent the fringe of political discourse.

Indeed, since post election polls indicated most Republicans and most self-identified "conservatives"" voted for the President.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I can't help but wonder why the owner/mods don't enforce their desire to shut up the Nazi references, instead of letting him go on ad infinitum, with impunity?

Don't impugn the Mods and assert a lie that isn't so.

Reply No 26 to this very thread bub.  Go back and read the bold text.

And per their request, I shall strive to add this lengthy descriptor instead: 'Saluting one man whom they ascribe miraculous single-handed powers to act and do on his own might and authority and in whom they assert is going to save the country and do miraculous bullshit'. 

Means the same thing as Seig-Heil and Savior, but I'll be happy to add the additional language to avoid the shorter word-picture.

There is ample evidence he would prattle till your ear fell off from repetition, but no evidence he takes action beyond talk.

Making ears bleed is my specialty. 

As to the other, I hope it remains talk but am prepared for beyond.

Indeed, since post election polls indicated most Republicans and most self-identified "conservatives"" voted for the President.

Self-identifying being the key pronoun used there.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 05:58:23 am by INVAR »

Offline jpsb

While not personally a fan of either side, there's only one side attacking conservatives and it's not the NT's.

You're joking right?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Suddenly poles have relevance again, I love it poles against you they're worthless, poles support you they're relevant. I'll stick with ignoring poles, because even why they aren't biased people lie.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
You know, thinking about giving up my NT philosophy. Opps that would mean I would have to figure out how to change my taglines under my name. Nevermind... /end sarcasm....

When Trump does something good, I will cheer it, and vice versa... otherwise don't expect me to paint chocolate whoppers white and throw them back in the box.

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Oceander

If Americans cared, this would be a very powerful statement.

Like I've said before, I accept full responsibility for erroneously assuming that Trump voters were in the least bit intelligent.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Like I've said before, I accept full responsibility for erroneously assuming that Trump voters were in the least bit intelligent.

Gotta admit, Trumpers have shattered my illusions that conservatives were more intelligent and principled than liberals.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

We have been and intend to, which drives you people nuts and bonkers because we refuse to step off our narrow path onto your broad highway with your mobs heading to that wide gate you all desperately want to reach.  You'll get there.  Rest assured.

Actually your unique ilk is fascinating;  so unwilling to see they are reaping politically what they have sown.  A decreasing minority within a minority where hubris has replaced reason, preaching has replaced action and a doubling down on fire and brimstone threats of damnation are rendering them completely impotent in the political arena. 

An angry fringe of American political discourse unable to help themselves,  It's rather sad.   

Thank God your ilk does not define conservatism.

Offline Mom MD

Actually your unique ilk is fascinating;  so unwilling to see they are reaping politically what they have sown.  A decreasing minority within a minority where hubris has replaced reason, preaching has replaced action and a doubling down on fire and brimstone threats of damnation are rendering them completely impotent in the political arena. 

An angry fringe of American political discourse unable to help themselves,  It's rather sad.   

The mistake here is thinking Trump and those that blindly support him are conservative.  Trump is not a conservative and never has been.  Those that wholeheartedly support him are populists or pragmatists but not conservatives.  It never ceases to amaze me how folks who say they are conservatives twist like a pretzel to support Trump positions that are anything but conservative, then heap scorn on those who continue to stand on their convictions.  I dont care what your political philosophy is, but lets be honest about it.
God is still in control

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

And we all know how accurate polls are.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cripplecreek

The mistake here is thinking Trump and those that blindly support him are conservative.  Trump is not a conservative and never has been.  Those that wholeheartedly support him are populists or pragmatists but not conservatives.  It never ceases to amaze me how folks who say they are conservatives twist like a pretzel to support Trump positions that are anything but conservative, then heap scorn on those who continue to stand on their convictions.  I dont care what your political philosophy is, but lets be honest about it.

Jonah Goldberg‏ calls it the rebirth of the Teddy Roosevelt Bull Moose party and true to form, Trumpers cheer like its a good thing.

Bull Moose was just the nickname, The Progressive Party was the official name and their stated ideology was     New Nationalism and Progressivism.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Nope!   The "mistake" is:  "Who gives a damn if Donald Trump is "Conservative"?   

Is Hillary Clinton "Conservative"?

See how easy that was?    *****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
You know, thinking about giving up my NT philosophy. Opps that would mean I would have to figure out how to change my taglines under my name. Nevermind... /end sarcasm....

When Trump does something good, I will cheer it, and vice versa... otherwise don't expect me to paint chocolate whoppers white and throw them back in the box.

@Sighlass the really sad thing is that when we do agree with something Trump does...the ones in this thread who bash us as "NT" are normally silent or absent from those threads. Or they try to come in and blow up the thread. 

It would totally ruin their meme if they had to admit there are times we agree with Trump.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Nope!   The "mistake" is:  "Who gives a damn if Donald Trump is "Conservative"?   

Is Hillary Clinton "Conservative"?

See how easy that was?    *****rollingeyes*****

Yeah it's easy when all you do is continually  spout tired meaningless Hilary memos almost a year after she lost.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

There is a way that seems right to a man, but therein lies the path to death.

Proverbs 14 & 16.

You're stuck on dismissing the principles that make liberty possible in favor of pure politics and making men messiahs.

You make me laugh with your assertion of 'reason'.  You think yourselves wise, having made yourselves gods in your own minds - but instead have made yourselves into fools.

Your future shall be tyranny and the tyranny of men you eagerly and vociferously encourage while you impugn and insult those governed by the very things you disdain and think have no place in deciding the government of society.  I think someone like you will cheerlead tyranny, declaring it the new gospel and hoping for a place at their table or to act as their agent.

Not any more.

You have redefined it into the image of Trump.

Offline Cripplecreek

There is a way that seems right to a man, but therein lies the path to death.

Proverbs 14 & 16.

You're stuck on dismissing the principles that make liberty possible in favor of pure politics and making men messiahs.

You make me laugh with your assertion of 'reason'.  You think yourselves wise, having made yourselves gods in your own minds - but instead have made yourselves into fools.

Your future shall be tyranny and the tyranny of men you eagerly and vociferously encourage while you impugn and insult those governed by the very things you disdain and think have no place in deciding the government of society.  I think someone like you will cheerlead tyranny, declaring it the new gospel and hoping for a place at their table or to act as their agent.

Not any more.

You have redefined it into the image of Trump.

Trumpers are top down power progressives.

I'm a federalist and couldn't care less what their king wants.

I want my congressman to represent my district and my senators to represent my state.

Offline aligncare

And yet, you agreed with this unintelligent Trump voter on evolution?

Well, I guess a blind squirrel gets lucky. 22222frying pan