Author Topic: Anti-Trumpers Need To Fire On The Real Enemy Instead Of On Conservatives  (Read 9718 times)

Online corbe

Anti-Trumpers Need To Fire On The Real Enemy Instead Of On Conservatives

Anti-Trumpers still keep throwing conservatives under the bus to maintain the status quo, just as they’ve often done (remember the Tea Party).

By D.C. McAllister   
August 9, 2017

We hoped they would go away after the election. We hoped they would stop their whining and grandstanding once Donald Trump took office. We hoped they would accept defeat and embrace our Republican president, that they would hold him accountable regarding policy and support any effort to right the ship that has been lurching toward the brink for decades.

But they didn’t go away. Their whining has grown shrill. Their opposition, not only to Trump, but to anyone who breathes a word in his favor, has swelled like a blistering boil. Our hopes were in vain, and now we’re reaching a breaking point.

I’m not talking about the liberal “resistance.” They’ll never go away. The Left never stops. I’m talking about NeverTrumpers—or Anti-Trumpers, as many prefer to be called now. Their relentless attacks on Trump echo the Left. They whine about his tweets, “faux masculinity,” vulgarity, personnel changes, unproven “collusion” with the Russians. They call him a racist, white nationalist, dictator, traitor, and a lunatic.

These paragons of virtue are also attacking fellow conservatives who call out the hypocrisy of the media, focus on the good Trump is doing while calling him to account for the bad, and refuse to jump on the bandwagon of conspiracy theories or get upset over every annoying tweet. For this, they’re called sell-outs, racists, failed conservatives, Trump whores, Putin lovers, media organizations that have lost all credibility.

Whose Side Are You On?

<..snip..>

http://thefederalist.com/2017/08/09/anti-trumpers-need-fire-real-enemy-instead-conservatives/
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 07:35:34 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Couldn't finish the article, personally, but I owe the Trumpers a 'feel good' for the month of August.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline dfwgator

She nails Flake real good here.    Can't stand that self-aggrandizing putz.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 06:43:01 pm by dfwgator »

Offline the_doc

Couldn't finish the article, personally, but I owe the Trumpers a 'feel good' for the month of August.
Unfortunately, the pro-Trumpers also need to make sure they don't attack serious Constitutional conservatives (like the House Freedom Caucus).   

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

While not personally a fan of either side, there's only one side attacking conservatives and it's not the NT's.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
D.C. McAllister  can KMA  :seeya:

Offline Night Hides Not

D.C. McAllister  can KMA  :seeya:

She appears to be rather attractive.

My impression is she's referring to the Lindsey Graham/Jeff Flake wing of the GOP.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
While not personally a fan of either side, there's only one side attacking conservatives and it's not the NT's.

Are you sure you got that right?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline skeeter

As one who's been on the receiving end from both sides I disagree completely. Both extremes have their moments.

Offline Victoria33

@txradioguy

My, my, that long article because conservatives did not vote for Trump.  This country allows voters to vote for whomever they want.  They are also not required to bow at the feet of any person who wins.

This country also has free speech so Trump supporters can write whatever they want as shown in this article.  It is bogus as hell but she can still write it.  What a swell country.  I can also write, too - Trump is one crazy person.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 07:45:40 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline RoosGirl

:pop41:

Offline RoosGirl

Are you sure you got that right?

I'm sure s/he got it right.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
My impression is she's referring to the Lindsey Graham/Jeff Flake wing of the GOP.

That may be true, but as often happens, everyone gets lumped into the same camp of scorn.

There are three types of people that are classified by Evertrump as "NeverTrump": 1. Liberals and Democrats (given); 2. Establishment Statist/Oligarchy Republicans; 3. Principled Conservatives.

Most of us here on this board that are lumped into the NT camp are number 3 - precisely because Trump is NOT a Conservative and the principles and character we expect of our representatives are dismissed, ridiculed, attacked and seen as an enemy of the good by those who rabidly support Trump as if he were Il Duce himself.

Contrary to her assessment, we do not want Conservatism to be associated with a self-serving, contradictory man without self-control or core principles besides himself and his family's enrichment as Trump and his mobs of militants are about the task of redefining what Conservatism actually means and stands for.  All they want is fight and payback/retribution.  They do not care if the Constitution and the pursuit of limited government are served.  They want their baser instincts served.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline RoosGirl

I've never seen a conservative threaten to primary conservative Congressmen.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
That may be true, but as often happens, everyone gets lumped into the same camp of scorn.

There are three types of people that are classified by Evertrump as "NeverTrump": 1. Liberals and Democrats (given); 2. Establishment Statist/Oligarchy Republicans; 3. Principled Conservatives.

Most of us here on this board that are lumped into the NT camp are number 3 - precisely because Trump is NOT a Conservative and the principles and character we expect of our representatives are dismissed, ridiculed, attacked and seen as an enemy of the good by those who rabidly support Trump as if he were Il Duce himself.

Contrary to her assessment, we do not want Conservatism to be associated with a self-serving, contradictory man without self-control or core principles besides himself and his family's enrichment as Trump and his mobs of militants are about the task of redefining what Conservatism actually means and stands for.  All they want is fight and payback/retribution.  They do not care if the Constitution and the pursuit of limited government are served.  They want their baser instincts served.

Kindly:

1. Please list the top 5 to 10 principles, which you allude to every single day?

2. Please provide proof for your claim, that Trump does NOT support them, and that ETs do NOT support them.

Thanks in advance
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
@corbe your article is way too long..please only 1 or 2 paragraphs then the link...

IBD only allows the first couple of sentences...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

In the end, Graham did endorse Trump (not sure about Flake) and both men have agreed and disagreed with Trump so this again comes down to fealty.

Its an anti federalist and anti conservative standard.

Online corbe

@corbe your article is way too long..please only 1 or 2 paragraphs then the link...

IBD only allows the first couple of sentences...

My apologies, @mystery-ak   fixed it. 
   Will be more conscience of that in the future.   

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy

My, my, that long article because conservatives did not vote for Trump.  This country allows voters to vote for whomever they want.  They are also not required to bow at the feet of any person who wins.

This country also has free speech so Trump supporters can write whatever they want as shown in this article.  It is bogus as hell but he can still write it.  What a swell country.  I can also write, too - Trump is one crazy person.

@Victoria33 being allowed to vote...or not vote for the person you feel like casting your ballot for isn't acceptable to the "mob".

You must support Him...or you'll be castigated into oblivion.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
   My apologies, @mystery-ak   fixed it. 
   Will be more conscience of that in the future.

Thank you...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Kindly:

1. Please list the top 5 to 10 principles, which you allude to every single day?

2. Please provide proof for your claim, that Trump does NOT support them, and that ETs do NOT support them.

Thanks in advance

Not taking your bait.

There are a huge host of threads and arguments this board has engaged in over the past year regarding principles, character and "proofs" and 'Debunked proofs" between Principled Conservatives who will not bend the knee to Trump and Trump supporters.

What I have learned from you and your fellows is that the principles and core that govern my actions and life, are hated, impugned, ridiculed, castigated and repeatedly said to be the enemy of the good and a losing way of life by you and your fellow Trump supporters.

And that covers the spectrum of everything from Biblical adherence in religion to getting government out of our lives.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

This is no different than you giving a panhandler $5 bucks and then coming here to tell us.

Sincerely hope it made you feel better, @corbe    Thank you for thinking of 'us'.       *****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online corbe

This is no different than you giving a panhandler $5 bucks and then coming here to tell us.

Sincerely hope it made you feel better, @corbe    Thank you for thinking of 'us'.       *****rollingeyes*****

@DCPatriot   It does make me feel better because when I catch hell from the usual suspects here about the tone of my post's here, which are undeniably of the questionably Trump category, I can brush it off knowing that in spite of my reservations, I do try to give you Trumpers something to chew on, occasionally. 

I don't give money to panhandlers and I try and stay out of the Pro Trump threads for the same reason, it's enabling all the wrong character traits and not worthy of discussion on a serious level.
:beer:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Not taking your bait.

There are a huge host of threads and arguments this board has engaged in over the past year regarding principles, character and "proofs" and 'Debunked proofs" between Principled Conservatives who will not bend the knee to Trump and Trump supporters.

What I have learned from you and your fellows is that the principles and core that govern my actions and life, are hated, impugned, ridiculed, castigated and repeatedly said to be the enemy of the good and a losing way of life by you and your fellow Trump supporters.

And that covers the spectrum of everything from Biblical adherence in religion to getting government out of our lives.
I didn't expect that you could actually list your principles, and give a fair analysis of the performance against that criteria.

So I will provide a list. Got this today from a cousin (from Wyoming, with a much greater ability to focus).

What has Donald Trump done since he has been in office!!!

1.Supreme Court Judge Gorsuch

2. 59 missiles dropped in Syria.

3.He took us out of TPP

4.Illegal immigration is now down 70%( the lowest in 17 years)

5.Consumer confidence highest since 2000 at index125.6

6.Mortgage applications for new homes rise to a 7 year high.

7.Arranged 20% Tariff on soft lumber from Canada.

8.Bids for border wall are well underway.

9.Pulled out of the lopsided Paris accord.

10.Keystone pipeline approved.

11.NATO allies boost spending by 4.3%

12.Allowing VA to terminate bad employees.

13.Allowing private healthcare choices for veterans.

14.More than 600,000. Jobs created

15. Median household income at a 7 year high.

16. The Stock Market is at the highest ever In its history.

17. China agreed to American import of beef.

18. $89 Billion saved in regulation rollbacks.

19. Rollback of A Regulation to boost coal mining.

20. MOAB for ISIS

21. Travel ban reinstated.

22. Executive order for religious freedom.

23. Jump started NASA

24. $600 million cut from UN peacekeeping budget.

25. Targeting of MS13 gangs

26. Deporting violent illegal immigrants.

27. Signed legislative 41 bills to date ( I didn't even know that least the fake media tell us)

28. Created a commission on child trafficking

29. Created a commission on voter frau

30. Created a commission for opioids addiction.

31. Giving power to states to drug test unemployment recipients.

32. Unemployment lowest since May 2007.

33. Historic Black College University initiative

34. Women In Entrepreneurship Act

35. Created an office or illegal immigrant crime victims.

36. Reversed Dodd-Frank

37. Repealed DOT ruling which would have taken power away from local governments for infrastructure planning

38. Order to stop crime against law enforcement.

39. End of DAPA program.

40. Stopped companies from moving out of America.

41. Promoted businesses to create American Jobs.

42. Encouraged country to once again  'Buy American and hire American .

43. Review of all trade agreements to make sure they are America first

44.Cutting regulations 2 for every one created.

45. Highest manufacturing surge in 3 years.

46 $78 Billion promised reinvestment from major businesses like Exxon, Bayer, Apple, SoftBank, Toyota...

47. Denied FBI a new building.

48. $700 million saved with F-35 renegotiation.

49. Saves $22 million by reducing white house payroll.

50. Dept of treasury reports a $182 billion surplus for April 2017(2nd largest in history.)

51. Negotiated the release of 6 US humanitarian workers held captive in Egypt.

52. Gas prices lowest in more than 12 years.

53. Signed An Executive Order To Promote Energy Independence And Economic Growth.

54. Has already accomplished more to stop government interference into people's lives than any President in the history of America.

55. President Trump has worked with Congress to pass more legislation in his first 100 days than any President since Truman.

56. Has given head executive of each branches 6 month time Frame dated March 15 2017, to trim the fat. restructure and improve efficacy of their branch. (Observe the pushback, the leaks,  & the lies as entrenched POWER refuses to go silently into that good night!)

57. No Fed Funds to Sanctuary Cities.

57. Lastly, Refused his Presidential Pay Check, donated it to Veterans issues.

I hope each and every one of you copy and paste this everywhere, every time you hear some dim wit say Trump hadn't done a thing!

THANK YOU!!!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 08:17:32 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
   @DCPatriot   

I don't give money to panhandlers and I try and stay out of the Pro Trump threads for the same reason, it's enabling all the wrong character traits and not worthy of discussion on a serious level.
:beer:

I stay in lurk mode most of the time for the same reasons....for the most part.

But sometimes the STUPID I see gets to be too much.   

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald