Author Topic: McConnell Slams Trump's 'Excessive Expectations' on Pace of Passing Complex Bills  (Read 826 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

By Brian Freeman   |   Tuesday, 08 Aug 2017 03:40 PM

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell criticized President Donald Trump for his lack of understanding about the way Congress works, saying the president's approach to the legislative process has led to "excessive expectations," CNN reported.

Speaking to a Florence Rotary Club in his home state of Kentucky, McConnell said "Our new president, of course, has not been in this line of work before. I think he had excessive expectations about how quickly things happen in the democratic process."

The Republican senator also said that he finds it "extremely irritating" that there is a public perception that Congress has not accomplished anything, according to ABC News.

more
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/mitch-mcconnell-trump-expectations-legislation/2017/08/08/id/806547/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Yeah Mitch!  It's not like you had six years to plan or anything like that! /s
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
“Part of the reason I think people feel we’re underperforming,” says a frustrated McConnell in the clip below, “is because too many artificial [procedural] deadlines … may not have been fully understood” by the president. Is that so?

I think maybe there’s another reason.

2010: Elect us to stop Obamacare.
    2011: Can't stop it without Senate.
    2015: We need the WH to stop Obamacare.
    2017: We can't stop Obamacare.

— Philip Klein (@philipaklein) March 7, 2017

Trump’s penchant for whining about the filibuster does McConnell no favors, but consider this: What if the Senate had followed regular order from the start in repealing and replacing ObamaCare? One reason why people are frustrated with the pace of repeal is that Ryan and McConnell framed it as something that could — and should — be done quickly, with bills written in secret by the leadership, airdropped onto the floor, then rammed through on party-line votes. The garbage “skinny repeal” bill that crashed and burned two weeks ago was written the day of the vote. If the Senate had made a run at the bill the old-fashioned way, with committee hearings, mark-ups, floor debate, amendments, etc, McConnell would have been on firmer ground in making the “these things take time” argument. The way he and Ryan played it, they shouldn’t have taken time.

Read more at: http://hotair.com/archives/2017/08/08/mitch-mcconnell-grumbles-trump-excessive-expectations-quickly-congress-can-act/
The Republic is lost.

Offline dfwgator

Mitch would rather be Minority Leader, than Majority Leader.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

McConnell would rather be a Democrat openly than hide behind the pretend moniker of Conservative Republican.

Whatever serves the Oligarchy is where his loyalty actually lies.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Stop with the whining Mitch!  It's not becoming since you had more than six years to prepare for this time in history!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

This is becoming more obvious every year. Since they want the same things, why not let the democrats take the heat?

Offline endicom

Mitch, here's a dime. Now get off it.