Author Topic: Rod Rosenstein: Mueller needs to come to me if he wants to chase any crime outside scope of Russia probe  (Read 723 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rod Rosenstein: Mueller needs to come to me if he wants to chase any crime outside scope of Russia probe
by Daniel Chaitin | Aug 6, 2017, 10:06 AM

If special counsel Robert Mueller finds any crime outside the scope of the federal investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election, then he'll have to seek permission, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein said Sunday.

"Bob Mueller understands and I understand the specific scope of the investigation, and so no, it's not a fishing expedition," he told host Chris Wallace on "Fox News Sunday."

excerpt:
Reports have come out over the past couple months about how the probe is investigating Trump for obstruction of justice, and that Mueller has impaneled grand juries, capable of issuing subpoenas.

These reports and more have relied on anonymous sources, against whom Rosenstein cautioned could be unreliable. He dubbed these reports, "speculation in the news media."

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/rod-rosenstein-mueller-needs-to-come-to-me-if-he-wants-to-chase-any-crime-outside-scope-of-russia-probe/article/2630745
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Right_in_Virginia

No.  Mueller needs to go to AG Sessions if he wants to chase any crime outside the scope of the Russian probe.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
No.  Mueller needs to go to AG Sessions if he wants to chase any crime outside the scope of the Russian probe.

Normally, yes, but Sessions' recusal changes the situation.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Normally, yes, but Sessions' recusal changes the situation.

I disagree.  Sessions recused himself from one, concise investigation.  If Muller wants to go outside the defined scope of the Russian investigation to look into other potential "crimes", the recusal is moot.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I disagree.  Sessions recused himself from one, concise investigation.  If Muller wants to go outside the defined scope of the Russian investigation to look into other potential "crimes", the recusal is moot.

Not exactly.  Reno recused herself from the tax evasion case of Webster Hubbell.  Ken Starr was appointed Special Counsel by a three judge panel.  The subsequent investigations he followed were all authorized by the same panel, not the AG.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Either way, looks like "the investigation" is on full tilt gallop to find something, regardless of the law, the rules, who's in charge, ethics, etc. 

Offline libertybele

Let's see ... Rosenstein joined the U.S. Department of Justice through the Attorney General’s Honors Program. From 1990 to 1993, he prosecuted public corruption cases as a trial attorney with the Public Integrity Section of the Criminal Division, then led by Assistant Attorney General Robert Mueller ...

...Of the 15 attorneys currently on staff for Mueller, at least seven have donated to Democratic candidates and campaigns, including Trump's 2016 rival Hillary Clinton. The rest have not made political donations, according to federal records; and none of the attorneys on Mueller’s roster donated money to Trump. ......

....Attorney General Eric Holder appointed Rosenstein to prosecute General James Cartwright, a former Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, for leaking to reporters. Rosenstein’s aggressive prosecution secured a guilty plea from Cartwright, who was ultimately pardoned by President Barack Obama....

Need I go on??  Sessions appointing Rosenstein to me was a red flag.  Sessions, Rosenstein and Mueller, to me indicates, a witch hunt like no other ... and Trump's AG recused himself.  Hmmm.... what could possibly go wrong for Trump?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_Rosenstein

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/24/mueller-probe-meet-lawyers-who-gave-to-hillary-now-investigating-team-trump.html
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 12:04:10 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.