Author Topic: DC Comics Female Muslim Superhero ISIS to Fight Populism – Don’t Worry, It’s Not Political  (Read 608 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
DC Comics Female Muslim Superhero ISIS to Fight Populism – Don’t Worry, It’s Not Political
Tim Brown / August 6, 2017 / 1

If you were like me, you remember Saturday morning as being a time when you got up and watched cartoons and other “kids” shows till lunch or after.  One of those shows was The Secrets of Isis, starring JoAnna Cameron.  Now, DC Comics is bringing the Egyptian Queen super-heroine to television again, right out of its comics, but one has to wonder about both the timing and the name Isis.  It’s just too coincidental to the current political climate, don’t you think?

She was Saturday morning’s first live-action super-heroine, saving lives and stopping crime in a mini-skirt and go-go boots on The Secrets of Isis! When science teacher Andrea Thomas unearthed a lost treasure on an archeological dig, she found that the mystical amulet endowed her with the powers given to the ancient Egyptian Queen, Isis! Now granted the powers of animals and the elements, Isis soars as the falcon soared, runs with the speed of gazelles, and commands the elements of the sky and the earth.

Continued: http://thewashingtonstandard.com/dc-comics-female-muslim-superhero-isis-to-fight-populism-dont-worry-its-not-political/

https://www.independentsentinel.com/revolting-left-creates-a-superheroine-named-isis-to-swipe-at-trump/

Old comic book of the super heroine, I don't quite remember her.

Offline goatprairie

We find ourselves in a strange world. Leftists, who usually hate all religions and religious people, are trying to foist an Islamic character on the youth of America.
So why are they doing this with comics and in other areas? It has nothing to do with the leftist love for Islam. It has everything to do with leftists trying to destroy traditional Judeo-Christian values and replace them with leftist ideology and heroes.
Even a number of libs on DemUnderground are puzzled by the left's insistence on defending Islam when they trash all other religions.  Even atheist libs like Bill Maher can't understand why the left defends the most violent, regressive religion on the planet.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Who they gonna revive next? Dazzler?

Thankfully, the superhero craze seems to have past it's peak - that's normally when DC starts making moves. How that company is still in business, I'll never know.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Who they gonna revive next? Dazzler?

Thankfully, the superhero craze seems to have past it's peak - that's normally when DC starts making moves. How that company is still in business, I'll never know.

They are the company of Batman and Superman,  big hitters but in my opinion, comics have lost it for the most part.

Say something like this versus what it has become.