Author Topic: US formally tells UN it wants out of Paris climate accord  (Read 320 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

US formally tells UN it wants out of Paris climate accord
« on: August 05, 2017, 01:30:08 pm »
US formally tells UN it wants out of Paris climate accord
Fox News, Aug 4, 2017, Associated Press

WASHINGTON –  The Trump administration on Friday officially told the United Nations that the U.S. intends to pull out of the 2015 Paris climate pact.

But the State Department's announcement doesn't formally start the process of the U.S. getting out of the voluntary agreement. That's still to come.

Still, the department described its communication as a "strong message" to the world, following President Donald Trump's decision in June to leave the accord.

"The State Department is telling that U.N. what the president already told the world on June 1 and it has no legal effect," said Nigel Purvis, who directed U.S. climate diplomacy during the Bill Clinton and George W. Bush administrations.

Purvis said countries can't withdraw from new international agreements, including the Paris climate one, until three years after they go into effect. The Paris agreement went into effect on Nov. 4, 2016.

Then the process takes a year.

More: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/04/us-formally-tells-un-it-wants-out-paris-climate-accord.html

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: US formally tells UN it wants out of Paris climate accord
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 01:30:37 pm »
No mention on the status of US money ....   :pondering:

Online LMAO

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 01:46:12 pm »
All these so called climate change initiatives and proposals have no way to measure success or failure. For example, when pollution controls were put in place along the Great Lakes, there was a way to measure success or failure. In the case of climate change, you're already dealing with something that's a natural part of the Earth. We are told we are in a climate crisis, that the climate is in trouble, but no one can tell us what a normal stable climate for Earth should be. We know now from science that the world has been warmer and cooler and has had many abrupt and violent weather events in its past

The success or failure of climate change initiatives are based on nothing more that the word of the elites
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 07:47:58 pm »

Spike It!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 07:49:55 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 07:57:06 pm »

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 08:15:35 pm »
This morning on NPR they followed the Withdrawal from the Paris Holdup of America story immediately with a story saying over 150 thousand europeans will die every year by the turn of the century if the amount of greenhouse gas in the atmosphere is not reduced.  Then another one about the current record heat wave in some "slavia" countries where temps will hit 105 today.