Author Topic: One of Fox News’ biggest stars accused of sending penis photo to female co-workers  (Read 16830 times)

Silver Pines

Sort of like David Petraeus?

@Sanguine

I don't know much about him.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Walter Cronkite may not have been seen as a star, but he certainly filled that role back in the day. In fact, it was his reputation as "America's most trusted newsman" that lead me to study journalism as an undergraduate.

Walter Cronkite and his understudy Captain Dan the news man Rather are the very people who started me down the road of questioning everything I see or hear in the media! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon
No I assume people are people and he deserves to be considered innocent until proven guilty.   And in the end I do not care.   There are much bigger fish to fry in saving this country.   

Exactly. And precisely what I was told last fall when the P tapes came out.  There were some headpats and some, "Now, little lady, don't you understand there are more important things?"  Until it's your wife or your daughter, that is.

Like I said, it's why I don't waste breath standing up for conservative men anymore. 

Offline aligncare

I took one journalism class. Enough to learn the basics. Who, what, where, when, why etc. And the editor expected/demanded verification of sources and of the facts themselves. And finally no bias. Woodward and Bernstein, "All the President's Men," etc. But there were just three main TV networks, following much the same rules. Essentially the same went for press news, dominated by major city papers, and news agencies (AP, UPI, etc.)

Many conservatives were pleased when Trump put the media in their places, over bias. But they later were unhappy when he reaped the benefit of having done so.

Yeah, these aren't your grandfathers journalists, that's for sure. While old Walt leaned left, you wouldn't know it from his reporting.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Yeah, these aren't your grandfathers journalists, that's for sure. While old Walt leaned left, you wouldn't know it from his reporting.

Seriously?  Do you forget the Tet Offensive? 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Are you serious???  ROFLMFAO!!!!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Sanguine

I don't know much about him.

Not much about it is in question now.  He had an affair with a gal who was paid to be his biographer, during which time he got sloppy with keeping his Classified stuff secure.  While it was "consensual," and not a harassment situation, it led to all sorts of problems like her conflict of interest in writing an honest biography and his mishandling of Classified documents (there was the small matter of his Marriage, which apparently survived the tryst). She also harassed a friend of his, to keep things quiet.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Wingnut

Walter Cronkite’s evening signoff, “And that’s the way it is.”  Cough Cough Bullshit.  Says Who!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
@driftdiver

No. 

The atmosphere at Fox and the fact that more than one woman has come forth.  Do I know he's guilty?  Nope.  Do I suspect he is?  Yeah.

Especially now that he's saying he "doesn't remember" and "doesn't THINK" he sent the pictures.

@CatherineofAragon

Hey anything to destroy a conservative voice in this country, right?   After all that is all that matters.

Once again, it is so easy to get conservatives to turn on each other.   Lefties will back each other to the end, conservatives throw out the baby at the first hint of wrong doing.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

Not much about it is in question now.  He had an affair with a gal who was paid to be his biographer, during which time he got sloppy with keeping his Classified stuff secure.  While it was "consensual," and not a harassment situation, it led to all sorts of problems like her conflict of interest in writing an honest biography and his mishandling of Classified documents (there was the small matter of his Marriage, which apparently survived the tryst). She also harassed a friend of his, to keep things quiet.

@Cyber Liberty
4 star generals normally determine what is classified and what is not. 

That he was prosecuted is yet another example of a politicized justice system.    It was a message to shut up or worse would happen.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

That he was prosecuted is yet another example of a politicized justice system.    It was a message to shut up or worse would happen.

Clapper was involved in the aftermath.  Need I say more?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

And old Ben Bradley wouldn't publish Woodward & Bernstein stuff, until validated with traditional journalism standards of multiple sources, accuracy of facts, etc.

And if a public figure, office holder or media personality, was accused of misdeeds, journalism would call for establishing a more thoroughly verified situation, than we do these days.

Kennedy's many affairs were protected, as an example. Not to mention Eisenhower's mistress "driver" Kay. Or FDR's longtime companion-Lucy.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Cyber Liberty

Yes, which is why the affair is the only relevant item in this discussion.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

And not all that relevant, either.  He was never accused of sending unwanted dick-pics to a co-worker.
I will NOT comply.

Offline driftdiver

Something which is very common these days, unfortunately. 

Offline driftdiver

And not all that relevant, either.  He was never accused of sending unwanted dick-pics to a co-worker.

Thats cause the lady saw them as a ticket on a money train.

Wingnut

Wanted or unwanted.....kinda really not okay in the world I live in.   Real men show it to them in person.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Thats cause the lady saw them as a ticket on a money train.

Can any among us say she was wrong about getting her ticket punched?   :whistle:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Sure it is.  You just have to follow the rabbit back through all of the trails and side trails.  Somebody commented about Bret Baier (sp?) and that he didn't seem like the type, and I replied back that David Patraeus didn't either.  And, then the discussion went all over the place. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Wanted or unwanted.....kinda really not okay in the world I live in.   Real men show it to them in person.

Yeah, I must confess I am very confused about the whole phenom.  Real men save that stuff for their wives.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Sure it is.  You just have to follow the rabbit back through all of the trails and side trails.  Somebody commented about Bret Baier (sp?) and that he didn't seem like the type, and I replied back that David Patraeus didn't either.  And, then the discussion went all over the place.

Oh, I see.  Yes.  I do see it now, I guess I just didn't want to read about a man waving his junk around in the first place.   :pondering:
I will NOT comply.

Offline driftdiver

Can any among us say she was wrong about getting her ticket punched?   :whistle:

She had a million dollar house to pay for.  Very much a socialite.   In the finest crowd and the finest neighborhood.    The best mistress money and state secrets can buy.

Offline driftdiver

Yeah, I must confess I am very confused about the whole phenom.  Real men save that stuff for their wives.

The rates of adultery among men and women are sadly quite high.     

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The rates of adultery among men and women are sadly quite high.   

Are they higher than they used to be, or do we just hear about it more?  I don't believe surveys about it.  The only thing I do know is there is more mixing among the sexes in the workplace in recent decades, and even the cause of that is open to some dispute.
I will NOT comply.

Silver Pines

@Cyber Liberty

Oh, okay...thank you.  I knew something of that, but I guess I wasn't paying much attention.