Author Topic: Wasserman Schultz Says Laptop She Sought To Keep From Police Was Awan’s, Not Hers  (Read 385 times)

rangerrebew

Wasserman Schultz Says Laptop She Sought To Keep From Police Was Awan’s, Not Hers

Posted By Luke Rosiak On 9:04 AM 08/04/2017 In | No Comments

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz never actually saw the computer she fought to block the Capitol Police from examining as evidence in a criminal case against her IT aide by saying it was hers, she told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel Thursday.

She threatened “consequences” on May 18  for the chief of the Capitol Police unless the laptop was returned — despite police contending it was needed to help determine whether a staffer may have violated the House’s cybersecurity.

Article printed fromThe Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/04/wasserman-schultz-says-laptop-she-sought-to-keep-from-police-was-awans-not-hers/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Wow.  Stupid on top of corrupt.

Online dfwgator

I'm sure this will lead tonight's network news. /s

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I recall an article about a loss protecting congressional members computers from seizure, preventing leaks of political strategy and legislative files, which may be leaked use for political purposes.   I was unable to find the rule/law in a search. In any case, since this is not her computer, she would not be able to legitimately claim protection under the rule.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline MajorClay

Lock Her Up!!!

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Too funny, that was my immediate thought....liberal mental midget at her best!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.