Author Topic: Krauthammer Warns: ‘Some Republicans’ Want Trump ‘Taken Out Of Office’  (Read 4403 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Krauthammer Warns: ‘Some Republicans’ Want Trump ‘Taken Out Of Office’ [VIDEO]

Peter Hasson
Associate Editor
11:28 PM 08/03/2017

Fox News commentator Charles Krauthammer warned Thursday night that members of the political establishment, including some Republicans, are angling to remove President Trump from office.

In a Fox News interview with Daily Caller co-founder Tucker Carlson following Trump’s rally in West Virginia, Krauthammer warned that removing the sitting president from office would be a “catastrophic mistake” that would “cause a rupture in the country.”

more w/video
http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/03/krauthammer-warns-some-republicans-want-trump-taken-out-of-office/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
No sh*t Sherlock. 

Krauthammer normally offers keen insight a few levels above Captain Obvious statements like the Pope is Catholic and the sky is blue.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I'd rather Pence was president too.

The rabid aggression toward anyone who wouldn't pledge fealty to Trump is going to come back and bite him.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
It is possible that Pence would be a better President. Trump is too much about Trump more than he is about the job.

The fact that he did not fire Comey immediately, and has not fired Mueller, and refuses to do massive purge of Obama people who are actively sabotaging him, shows me that Trump does not have the balls I thought he did.

He is on the right track. But Trump has to understand that he is never going to have the support of Congress or the GOPe no matter how much he buckles and compromises. What Trump should do is to ignore them.

Trump should do like Obama, just ignore Congress and go full steam ahead. Invite Putin to the WH. Hug and kiss him on the floor of Congress.

Congress, including and especially the GOP, is out to torpedo Trump. And with that, they are attempting to teach the American people that they have no power or influence in Washington D.C. politics. The politicians want the American people, and their proxy Trump, out of politics altogether.

The only way Trump can succeed is to steamroll over them. Because they are going to block every single thing he tries to do. This situation has evolved beyond just Trump.

Congress wants to teach the American people a lesson, that they cannot buck the system. The politicians are declaring a coup against America as a whole. They are declaring, "We are in charge!" "We own America!" "Nothing can stop us!"

Especially, we will not let some unwashed stupid 'voters' stop us. To hell with them. We do whatever we want to do, when ever we want to do it, and to hell with everyone else.

Trump has brought to the fore a war by Congress on the American people. Congress wants to rule and dominate America by force, regardless of any silly 'law' or the stupid will of the people. Trump is the representative of that war. Congress believes that if they can take out Trump, they will have taken the American people out of the picture. And that will give them full, unfettered control of America, forever.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
We can't start impeaching Presidents just because we don't like them. Otherwise we'd basically have a Parliamentary system and the President would serve at the whims of the Senate, not the people.

OTOH if Trump does something illegal, then yeah, all bets are off.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
This is what I said in the Podhoretz thread.....

Let's just envision the impeachment and removal scenario for a second.  Pence would like be serviceable, but uninspiring for a 2020 run.  I could imagine a great deal of fervent Trump supporters peeling off and supporting a 3rd party candidate.  There could be enough discontent among all parties where the next president assumes office with the electoral votes, but somewhere just above/below 40% support.  Last time that occurred, we got Bill Clinton.  Almost 20 years from his last day, we're still not fully out of his shadow.

I'll add to that here.  It's entirely possible a scenario like that could lead to the election of many 3rf party representatives in the future.  We'd end up forming coalition governments, like they do in GB and Israel.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline dfwgator

Some?  Try like 90% of them.

Offline dfwgator

And if Clinton were impeached,  what would we have gotten?  President Gore.  And Gore probably wins in 2000 as the Incumbent.

Offline edpc

And if Clinton were impeached,  what would we have gotten?  President Gore.  And Gore probably wins in 2000 as the Incumbent.

Not to nitpick, but Clinton was impeached, just not removed. I'm sure that's what you meant – just wanted to maintain accuracy of the process. I don't necessarily believe Gore would have won as the incumbent. See Gerald ford in 1976.

Gore was considered wooden and dull.  He needed to recruit Naomi Wolf, so she could teach him how to be an alpha male. I think the short time in office would've only made his weaknesses more apparent.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Trump has repeatedly demonstrated that Trump is all about Trump and little else. 

Hell, he is not even made an effort to articulate his "agenda" and sell it to those who are skeptical.  No efforts made to lobby or push for ObamaCare repeal in the Senate.  No efforts to appear before the people to make his case for agenda items that we need to get behind him for.  None.

Just a bunch of useless insulting Tweets, and a couple of court nomination bones tossed to the Right.

Trump is apparently limited to playing The Apprentice in the White House, Tweeting his disdain of everyone that he is upset about and pimping his daughter's 'foundation' at the G-20 while using taxpayer money to 'jump-start it'.   

Trump has done little to build a coalition among his own party's detractors and little to act as a statesman.   His own rabid followers and feckless leaders have told those who refused to surrender principles to support him to 'get out' of the party.

I don't want Trump to be removed from office by the Politburo Oligarchy, but I'm not going to do a damned thing to oppose it either.  He said he did not need us Conservatives who opposed him on principles.  So he can air dry out there with his own limited fan base.

Trump is his own worse enemy, having done little to ameliorate the growing agitation towards him from his own party.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline dfwgator

Yep, plenty of blame to go around.   

What Trump should have done is to say, "These are the three things that need to be in any bill that overturns ObamaCare."   But he's given very little direction as to what he wants.     He just thinks Congress will magically come up with something and he can sign it, and take the credit.   Doesn't work that way.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Krauthammer Warns: ‘Some Republicans’ Want Trump ‘Taken Out Of Office’

You're spineless at heart, Charles.

Name names, or shut up.

Offline roamer_1

This is what I said in the Podhoretz thread.....

Let's just envision the impeachment and removal scenario for a second.  Pence would like be serviceable, but uninspiring for a 2020 run.  I could imagine a great deal of fervent Trump supporters peeling off and supporting a 3rd party candidate.  There could be enough discontent among all parties where the next president assumes office with the electoral votes, but somewhere just above/below 40% support.  Last time that occurred, we got Bill Clinton.  Almost 20 years from his last day, we're still not fully out of his shadow.

Alright, I'll bite this time.
First it depends upon what Trump might be impeached for, and the veracity of the evidence. If he is caught with his hand in the cookie jar, I doubt his support would be very enthusiastic.

Second, I think Pence would be a magnificent president, and while he would be unlikely to gather all the corners of the republican party back together, He would, without a doubt, have full blown Conservative support, and would likely be able to work with many moderates.

There is no way there is more solidarity on the right with Trump remaining than with him gone.

Offline edpc

You're spineless at heart, Charles

Then what was injured to put him in the wheelchair?

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Offline montanajoe

The GOP has clearly shown they cannot get anything done legislatively, so this could be an attractive option to divert the public from asking to many questions...

Hell even Trump might welcome this....his daily tweet storms would be epic and he could also avoid the public's questioning why he is not getting anything he promised done...

Sounds like a win-win to me... :shrug:

Online DB

An actual Republican as president would have been nice...

Offline Applewood

Not most Republicans today.  Now if you said, a REAL CONSERVATIVE, I would agree with you. 

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Yep, plenty of blame to go around.   

What Trump should have done is to say, "These are the three things that need to be in any bill that overturns ObamaCare."   But he's given very little direction as to what he wants.     He just thinks Congress will magically come up with something and he can sign it, and take the credit.   Doesn't work that way.

So the President is responsible for writing bills?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Concerned

When someone says that “"You're going to have such great healthcare at a tiny fraction of the cost. And it's going to be so easy” and “"Nobody knows the system better than me, which is why I alone can fix it”, personally I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect him to share with the rest of us mere mortals (including those in Congress) how, exactly, he proposes to actually achieve this “so easy” “great healthcare at a tiny fraction of the cost”. 

I think Presidential leadership is often about providing a broad stroke strategy of policy (e.g., the 3 things referenced above in any bill to repeal and replace ObamaCare) and then getting the parties together to cajole, make deals, and facilitate the discussion to gain support and work out the details of his broad stroke policy.  That's exactly what Obama did with ObamaCare.  Unfortunately, Trump appears incapable of demonstrating this kind of Presidential leadership, at least IMO.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline edpc

Not directly, but they typically have staff members hammering out bills with members of congress and getting as much of their agenda in it as possible.  Not happening here.

Online libertybele

No sh*t Sherlock. 

Krauthammer normally offers keen insight a few levels above Captain Obvious statements like the Pope is Catholic and the sky is blue.

Anymore, to me, Krauthammer has made himself irrelevant. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

When someone says that “"You're going to have such great healthcare at a tiny fraction of the cost. And it's going to be so easy” and “"Nobody knows the system better than me, which is why I alone can fix it”, personally I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect him to share with the rest of us mere mortals (including those in Congress) how, exactly, he proposes to actually achieve this “so easy” “great healthcare at a tiny fraction of the cost”. 

I think Presidential leadership is often about providing a broad stroke strategy of policy (e.g., the 3 things referenced above in any bill to repeal and replace ObamaCare) and then getting the parties together to cajole, make deals, and facilitate the discussion to gain support and work out the details of his broad stroke policy.  That's exactly what Obama did with ObamaCare.  Unfortunately, Trump appears incapable of demonstrating this kind of Presidential leadership, at least IMO.

You are right, so far Trump has failed at making the 'Art of the Deal'.  It hasn't happened.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Not directly, but they typically have staff members hammering out bills with members of congress and getting as much of their agenda in it as possible.  Not happening here.

Yes he should push and set an agenda.  He's been in office six months and the republicans aren't exactly working with him.

I'd say Congress has far more culpability.  He has said he wants a bill that fixes it. 
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline jpsb

You mean like Bush? Not no, but HELL NO!