Author Topic: Democrats begin to see Pelosi as a 2018 problem  (Read 599 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Democrats begin to see Pelosi as a 2018 problem
« on: August 03, 2017, 07:15:27 pm »
By Alex Roarty

AUGUST 03, 2017 2:11 PM

Nancy Pelosi might actually be in trouble.

In a survey of 20 Democratic House candidates, only one – a former Senate staffer from Orange County, California – would state support for the congresswoman staying on as leader of the House Democratic Caucus. Of the rest, 18 declined to say if Pelosi should keep her job, while one, a political newcomer from a culturally conservative Ohio district, said he would vote for someone other than Pelosi.

Their refusal is a remarkable development for an already embattled minority leader. But even more significant are the implications that their refusal carries for next year’s midterm elections.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article165213507.html#storylink=cpy
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Democrats begin to see Pelosi as a 2018 problem
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 09:49:05 pm »
There has always been this level of non-support for Pelosi.  She'll have whatever support she needs, when she needs it to continue to cling to power.  It's likely to matter, too, because the Pubbies are blowing their hold on the House.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 10:07:00 pm »

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 10:09:11 pm »
There has always been this level of non-support for Pelosi.  She'll have whatever support she needs, when she needs it to continue to cling to power.  It's likely to matter, too, because the Pubbies are blowing their hold on the House.

If you look at her she really is a John McCain  without the terminal cancer that is.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 10:43:36 pm »
If you look at her she really is a John McCain  without the terminal cancer that is.

Without the sunshiny disposition, either.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 10:44:34 pm »
Without the sunshiny disposition, either.

Oh yeah.  She is a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 10:46:22 pm »

Between Ryan and Pelosi, is there really any difference?

Offline edpc

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 10:52:46 pm »
Between Ryan and Pelosi, is there really any difference?

Yes.  Pelosi is dangerous, because it seem obvious from her recent public appearances, she is losing her mind.  Ryan, on the other hand, knows exactly what he's doing.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 01:22:23 am »
Yes.  Pelosi is dangerous, because it seem obvious from her recent public appearances, she is losing her mind.  Ryan, on the other hand, knows exactly what he's doing.
Soooo, Pelosi is dangerous because she is unstable and mentally incompetent, and Ryan isn't because his screwing over Americans comes from a place of mental health?

Offline edpc

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2017, 01:27:28 am »
Soooo, Pelosi is dangerous because she is unstable and mentally incompetent, and Ryan isn't because his screwing over Americans comes from a place of mental health?

No, he is because his actions are deliberate.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2017, 01:35:30 am »
Pelosi's time has come and gone.  She holds a position with a 'D' next to her name.  The real worry to me are the more radical DEMS like Castro and Auntie Maxine.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2017, 03:20:13 am »
Shhhhh don't wake them