Author Topic: Does this Footage Prove the Tassie Tiger’s Existence?  (Read 650 times)

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Does this Footage Prove the Tassie Tiger’s Existence?
« on: August 02, 2017, 10:36:16 pm »
Does this Footage Prove the Tassie Tiger’s Existence?

After staggering footage of the alleged Tassie tiger emerged this week, Australians have again begun speculating its existence in far North Queensland.

Australians have been searching for the Tasmanian tiger ever since its “extinction.” And although there is little to no evidence that suggests its existence, there is now a legitimate investigation into its possible whereabouts.

Excerpted, more at the link: http://www.nationalgeographic.com.au/australia/does-this-footage-prove-the-tassie-tigers-existence.aspx

Related article: Have Tasmanian Tigers Been found on the Mainland?

The video in question:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY8yKaGJAUg

I dunno, could be a dog or dingo, but does seem to resemble pictures of actual Tasmanian Tigers a.k.a Thylacines taken in the 1930s.   :shrug:
Let it burn.

Online roamer_1

Re: Does this Footage Prove the Tassie Tiger’s Existence?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 12:37:58 am »
If it's canine, it has an injured back leg... That short, bouncing stride is not a canine trait. Until a dog is well above a trot (gallop, leap), it's back legs cycle.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 01:24:32 am »
If it's canine, it has an injured back leg... That short, bouncing stride is not a canine trait. Until a dog is well above a trot (gallop, leap), it's back legs cycle.

Yes, some of the speculation regarding the video is that the creature is actually a lame canine (dog or dingo).  However, there have apparently been occasional sightings of Tasmanian Tigers in North Australia going back years. So, who knows?
Let it burn.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 01:27:24 am »
Dogs' tails curve.  The one in the video is straight.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 01:39:56 am »
Yes, some of the speculation regarding the video is that the creature is actually a lame canine (dog or dingo).  However, there have apparently been occasional sightings of Tasmanian Tigers in North Australia going back years. So, who knows?

I'd buy that it's a lame dog, although the tail looks a bit long. The gait is definitely not canine otherwise, and I am a fan of the Tas Tiger not being extinct. This is by no means the first sighting.

Likewise to Bigfoot, which I know to be real, there is a whole lot of the outback (Tasmania, New Zealand, and Australia) where no one ever goes. There could be a thousand tigers down there and no one would know the difference.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 01:41:42 am »
Dogs' tails curve.  The one in the video is straight.

The tail is actively counterbalancing the back legs - Definitely a marsupial trait, but also likely in a dog with a lame foot. But I think that's why it is held so straight.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 03:08:53 am »
The tail is actively counterbalancing the back legs - Definitely a marsupial trait, but also likely in a dog with a lame foot. But I think that's why it is held so straight.

Maybe...