Author Topic: Justice Dept. to Take On Affirmative Action in College Admissions  (Read 1617 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
By CHARLIE SAVAGEAUG. 1, 2017

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/01/us/politics/trump-affirmative-action-universities.html?emc=edit_th_20170802&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=67843304

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration is preparing to redirect resources of the Justice Department’s civil rights division toward investigating and suing universities over affirmative action admissions policies deemed to discriminate against white applicants, according to a document obtained by The New York Times.

The document, an internal announcement to the civil rights division, seeks current lawyers interested in working for a new project on “investigations and possible litigation related to intentional race-based discrimination in college and university admissions.”

The announcement suggests that the project will be run out of the division’s front office, where the Trump administration’s political appointees work, rather than its Educational Opportunities Section, which is run by career civil servants and normally handles work involving schools and universities.

Continued at link.

==================================================================================================

Go git 'em,Trump!

Talk about something LONG overdue! There were blacks attending the same community college as me in 1971 that only showed up on test day to sign in and then leave who were getting straight A's AND pulling in more money each month from the government than I was under the GI Bill.

AND......NONE of them were given the boot for not attending classes more than once a week,while I was given the boot by a actions of an anti-VN vet professor that changed his test days to the day I had to go to the VA hospital in another state for physical rehab every week. I was taking 18 credit hours and had a 3.something average,too. Because of that SOB,I actually lost my GI bill and ability to go to college,and they took it away BECAUSE I was a disabled veteran that was getting required physical therapy by appointment every week.

Yet not ONE single black was ever given the boot for not attending classes and only showing up to put their names on test papers and leaving.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Justice Dept. to Take On Affirmative Action in College Admissions
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 12:29:16 pm »
Isn't this about the time the usual Party People Trump Haters chime in and claim Trump is useless and not changing anything?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jpsb

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 12:36:15 pm »
Isn't this about the time the usual Party People Trump Haters chime in and claim Trump is useless and not changing anything?

"They should be here shortly", said the lance corporal to the sarge.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 12:42:40 pm »
The supreme court already ruled that race could not be a determining factor in college admissions.

U.S. Supreme Court upholds Michigan's ban on affirmative action in college admissions

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2014/04/post_16.html

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 12:45:54 pm »
I'm kicking myself for not pushing my kids to check the Native American box on their college application. Verifying that info is a no-no and it is probably true. My son could definitely pass, especially in the summer.

We are very close to people become Trans-racial.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 12:51:21 pm »
I'm extremely happy to see this but would be even more happy to find that the Justice Department is going hammer and tongs after Hillary Clinton, the Clinton Foundation, the House IT espionage, The McCain Foundation, the IRS,  and all the other Washington Corruption!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 01:16:59 pm »
I'm extremely happy to see this but would be even more happy to find that the Justice Department is going hammer and tongs after Hillary Clinton, the Clinton Foundation, the House IT espionage, The McCain Foundation, the IRS,  and all the other Washington Corruption!
Getting rid of AA and the whole race-based industry would do more for this country than vengeance chasing after Hillary Clinton. 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 01:31:28 pm »
Getting rid of AA and the whole race-based industry would do more for this country than vengeance chasing after Hillary Clinton.

I'm all for doing both!  Can we not walk and chew gum at the same time?   Trump was elected to clean up the mess in Washington and he damned well better get it done!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 01:37:54 pm »
I'm all for doing both!  Can we not walk and chew gum at the same time?   Trump was elected to clean up the mess in Washington and he damned well better get it done!

I agree @Bigun  But what do you do with an AG focused on marijuana and now AA?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2017, 01:40:13 pm »
I agree @Bigun  But what do you do with an AG focused on marijuana and now AA?

I'm not so certain that he wasn't told to leave the Clintons alone!  Are you?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2017, 01:48:49 pm »
While I would love to see Her Heinous behind bars, i doubt anything would be achieved by such an endeavor.
However, we have the chance to destroy one of the left's beloved anti-constitution  institutions.  I'd much rather see a rotten pillar of leftism destroyed than even the Clintons behind bars.
Trump would be made more popular by ripping apart leftism and helping the country rather than trying to jail a political rival....no matter how corrupt she was.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2017, 01:51:45 pm »
I'm not so certain that he wasn't told to leave the Clintons alone!  Are you?

No, I'm not.  Maybe initially, but that sure has changed. 

I'd also like to see DWS seriously investigated.  There are a lot of critters in that swamp! 

And who's investigating the unmasking??

And lastly I don't think it would take a lot of time or effort to dislodge the entrenched class within the DOJ.  I'd like to see Sessions do this, immediately.

@Bigun

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2017, 01:54:31 pm »
While I would love to see Her Heinous behind bars, i doubt anything would be achieved by such an endeavor.
However, we have the chance to destroy one of the left's beloved anti-constitution  institutions.  I'd much rather see a rotten pillar of leftism destroyed than even the Clintons behind bars.
Trump would be made more popular by ripping apart leftism and helping the country rather than trying to jail a political rival....no matter how corrupt she was.

We disagree!  I don't think there is ANYTHING the Trump administration can do short of REAL tax reform that would bolster his approval ratings like going after all these scandals hammer and tongs would!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2017, 01:57:03 pm »
No, I'm not.  Maybe initially, but that sure has changed. 

I'd also like to see DWS seriously investigated.  There are a lot of critters in that swamp! 

And who's investigating the unmasking??

And lastly I don't think it would take a lot of time or effort to dislodge the entrenched class within the DOJ.  I'd like to see Sessions do this, immediately.

@Bigun

I agree!  So WHY isn't that happening?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2017, 02:07:42 pm »
I agree!  So WHY isn't that happening?

I wish I knew @Bigun   But I think this better explains the President's frustration with his AG. 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2017, 02:09:40 pm »
I wish I knew @Bigun   But I think this better explains the President's frustration with his AG.

Perhaps! But it's also very possible that HE is the problem. 

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2017, 02:10:38 pm »

@goatprairie

The feds don't need to do anything on affirmative action. The precedent to destroy AA in college administration has already been set by the USSC in 2014 when they ruled that the voter approved ban on AA in college admissions would stand. If Michigan (and California) can vote to end AA i college admissions, I don't see why other states can't.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2017, 02:22:17 pm »

I think draining the swamp is a well known and top priority of the President.  It's happening elsewhere through his other Cabinet members.  I wish I knew why Sessions appears to be so resistant to doing this.   I guess we will in due time.   :shrug:

@Bigun

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2017, 02:25:42 pm »
I think draining the swamp is a well known and top priority of the President.  It's happening elsewhere through his other Cabinet members.  I wish I knew why Sessions appears to be so resistant to doing this.   I guess we will in due time.   :shrug:

@Bigun

How do you know it is Sessions who is resistant?  I would LOVE to be able to know!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2017, 02:25:48 pm »

That was clearly determined when Trump stated that the Clintons have suffered enough.

Anyone with any doubts after that is either too stupid to breathe without help or a completely moral free liar.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2017, 02:29:03 pm »
That was clearly determined when Trump stated that the Clintons have suffered enough.

Anyone with any doubts after that is either too stupid to breathe without help or a completely moral free liar.

If it were JUST the Clintons I would agree with you. But it isn't JUST the Clintons! There is a mountain of stuff they could unleash the hounds on that they are not!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline anubias

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2017, 03:20:16 pm »

Moral free liar?  Too stupid to breath without help?  For someone who qualifies as the top Minister of Disinformation on this forum, you are mighty free with the personal attacks. 

@Right_in_Virginia

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2017, 04:36:59 pm »
about time someone stops this racist action.  Making someone special due to the color of his/her skin is the definition of racism.

AA = Racism.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 04:39:52 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2017, 05:55:00 pm »
How do you know it is Sessions who is resistant?  I would LOVE to be able to know!

He is the only Cabinet member not carrying out this charge @Bigun    :shrug:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2017, 05:56:18 pm »
Moral free liar?  Too stupid to breath without help?  For someone who qualifies as the top Minister of Disinformation on this forum, you are mighty free with the personal attacks. 

@Right_in_Virginia

888high58888  @anubias