Author Topic: Trump to members of his New Jersey golf club: 'That White House is a real dump'  (Read 5575 times)

Silver Pines

Trump to members of his New Jersey golf club: 'That White House is a real dump'

By Allan Smith
August 1, 2017

President Donald Trump reportedly told a group of members at his Bedminster, New Jersey golf club that the reason he frequented the golf property so often was because "that White House is a real dump."

The comment was reported Tuesday in a Golf.com profile on the president which will appear in Sports Illustrated this week.

Read more at:

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-white-house-real-dump-2017-8

Wingnut

Actually it is kind of a dump.  But it is our Dump.  And since we don't elect Kings.... well you know.

Silver Pines

@Wingnut

Yeah, but what I want to know is, how can a man with zero taste even tell?  His apartment looks like Elvis's idea of King Midas' palace.

Wingnut

@Wingnut

Yeah, but what I want to know is, how can a man with zero taste even tell?  His apartment looks like Elvis's idea of King Midas' palace.

I know.  Can you imagine his throne room? A golden Hang Fung toilet and matching bidet.   

Silver Pines

I know.  Can you imagine his throne room? A golden Hang Fung toilet and matching bidet.

@Wingnut

I'll tell you what, if it's a toilet, I'm going to bleach it.  There is no way that gold throne of Trump's can be cleaned right.  Lord, the years of germ buildup...

Wingnut

@Wingnut

I'll tell you what, if it's a toilet, I'm going to bleach it.  There is no way that gold throne of Trump's can be cleaned right.  Lord, the years of germ buildup...

Haven't you heard Cat. Not only doesn't Trumps doody not stink..... it doesn't stain or a double flush.

Silver Pines

Haven't you heard Cat. Not only doesn't Trumps doody not stink..... it doesn't stain or a double flush.

@Wingnut

Sad!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Aw, come on ... let's cut him a little slack.   ^-^    This is a fraction of just one floor of his NY Penthouse:

« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 11:47:33 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Poor wittle princess. Was their a pea under his mattress?

Offline ABX

Yea, all the gold and bling is usually a sign of either being an Eastern European mobster or new money. Trump decorates the way a poor person thinks a mega wealthy person decorates.

My wife has a funny analogy I'm sure the women will understand. New money get purses with big labels and logos all over it so you know they are rich, like the base line Louis Vuitton stuff.
($1,500 or $30 gas station knock off)
 Old money goes for more subtle and classy, like Hermes. No label, costs ten times as much, or more.
($94,000)

Poor people buy the knock-offs of the former because it thinks it makes them look rich. In reality, it just makes them look tacky.

“Trump is a poor person’s idea of a rich person. They see him. They think, ‘If I were rich, I’d have a fabulous tie like that. Why are my ties not made of 400 acres of polyester?’ All that stuff he shows you in his house- the gold faucets- if you won the lottery, that’s what you’d buy.”
- Fran Leibowitz
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 11:59:41 pm by AbaraXas »

Trump's done very well ....  here's where he grew up with two parents and four siblings  ^-^

Offline Suppressed

Trump Plaza in Atlantic City looks sooo much better. ...

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Yea, all the gold and bling is usually a sign of either being an Eastern European mobster or new money. Trump decorates the way a poor person thinks a mega wealthy person decorates.

My wife has a funny analogy I'm sure the women will understand. New money get purses with big labels and logos all over it so you know they are rich, like the base line Louis Vuitton stuff.
($1,500 or $30 gas station knock off)
 Old money goes for more subtle and classy, like Hermes. No label, costs ten times as much, or more.
($94,000)

Poor people buy the knock-offs of the former because it thinks it makes them look rich. In reality, it just makes them look tacky.

Your wife is right..*new money* likes to show it off.

I don't think I would use the word *dump* but I have read the WH is in need of some serious repair and upgrades...I think the last time anyone attempted was Jackie and she caught hell for it at the time.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Aw, come on ... let's cut him a little slack.   ^-^    This is a fraction of just one floor of his NY Penthouse:

Who's penthouse, Saddam Hussien?

Silver Pines

It's like an expensive black velvet painting.

You guys are SOOOO easy!  ROFLMAO!   :silly:   :silly:   

Luv ya!   88devil

Offline Victoria33

@Wingnut

@CatherineofAragon

The west wing of the White House will be closed in August for "RENOVATION".  Trump is no doubt rebuilding it with gold clad bathroom fixtures and gold leaf on the walls and a throne instead of a desk in the oval office.  I knew he would turn it into Him.  His saying it is a "dump" is his reason for the re-do.  It will be Trump West Wing Palace.  And, we are paying for it.  Our money is his money now, he will bankrupt us more than we were before he got there.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
President Donald Trump reportedly told a group of members at his Bedminster, New Jersey golf club that the reason he frequented the golf property so often was because "that White House is a real dump."

The comment was reported Tuesday in a Golf.com profile on the president which will appear in Sports Illustrated this week.

"Chatting with some members before a recent round of golf, [Trump] explained his frequent appearances: 'That White House is a real dump,'" Golf.com reported.

The publication wrote that the president is "often at his most unguarded among the people who pay for their proximity to him."

"Last November, the President-elect hosted a cocktail reception and dinner at Bedminster on the same weekend that he was holding interviews at the club with candidates for his cabinet," Golf.com reported. "At the dinner, Trump addressed the members of the club by saying, "This is my real group. You are the special people. I see all of you. I recognize, like, 100% of you, just about.'"

Trump has spent most of his weekends as president at Trump properties, whether it be his Mar-a-Lago, Florida resort, his New Jersey golf club, or his golf course in suburban Washington, DC. So far in his young presidency, Trump has spent more than 40 days at one of his golf properties.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump-members-jersey-golf-club-213226530.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Probably because it's not decorated ostentatiously in gold from floor to ceiling.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Wingnut

@CatherineofAragon

The west wing of the White House will be closed in August for "RENOVATION".  Trump is no doubt rebuilding it with gold clad bathroom fixtures and gold leaf on the walls and a throne instead of a desk in the oval office.  I knew he would turn it into Him.  His saying it is a "dump" is his reason for the re-do.  It will be Trump West Wing Palace.  And, we are paying for it.  Our money is his money now, he will bankrupt us more than we were before he got there.

Maybe he's tried of the lingering smell of Chitterlings, Hog Maws,  Neck Bones and collard greens.

Offline RoosGirl

« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 12:21:56 am by RoosGirl »

Offline RoosGirl

Maybe he's tried of the lingering smell of Chitterlings, Hog Maws,  Neck Bones and collard greens.

Oh lord, you just brought back some scary memories.  Grandpa made cornbread with chitlins, collard greens with hog jowls (complete with teeth).   :3:

Offline ABX

@CatherineofAragon

I am absolutely certain the White House Historical Association would give him the bird if he tried. Presidents are given some latitude to redecorate, but it is a very narrow latitude that has to keep with the history of the site. That's why almost all Presidential remodels, repaint, rugs, curtains, etc, all basically are variations of the same theme with simple, classy colors. Those in charge will never let the WH look like a drug king pin's home.

Offline ABX

Hell, you are making me hungry.. but I am from the South so all that is just memories to us.