Author Topic: Mattis, Kelly hatched travel pact to keep tabs on Trump: report  (Read 608 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mattis, Kelly hatched travel pact to keep tabs on Trump: report
By John Bowden - 08/01/17 11:45 AM EDT

Two of President Trump's top advisers reportedly agreed in the early days of the administration that they would not leave the United States at the same time, in order to ensure they could monitor orders coming from the White House.

The Associated Press reported on Tuesday that Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis and then-Department of Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly -- who was sworn in as chief of staff on Monday -- agreed in the early weeks of Trump's presidency to coordinate travel plans so that one of them would always be in the United States.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/344759-mattis-kelly-agreed-that-one-would-always-stay-in-us-to-keep-tabs-on
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Mattis, Kelly hatched travel pact to keep tabs on Trump: report
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 03:56:16 pm »
Men who have lived most of their lives with discipline must get really chapped working for someone so unpredictable.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 04:18:28 pm »
When the POTUS needs highly paid baby sitters.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 04:23:56 pm »
The pact, revealed to The AP by an anonymous official close to Mattis and Kelly

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 04:34:33 pm »
Men who have lived most of their lives with discipline must get really chapped working for someone so unpredictable.

I'm a big fan of order and want strict rules.

I've got a custodian at work who I can see already won't be there for long because he's aimless and erratic which means little things don't get done and in a medical facility they MUST be done. My job is to make sure those things get done and empty the occasional missed trash can, not do the job. I must have emptied 2 dozen trash cans last night.