Author Topic: DHS waives environmental laws to begin building Trump border wall  (Read 415 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

DHS waives environmental laws to begin building Trump border wall
Washington Times, Aug 1, 2017

Homeland Security triggered a waiver Tuesday allowing the department to bypass environmental and other land protection laws in order to begin building and testing President Trump’s new border wall.

The waivers apply to San Diego, where officials already plan to upgrade miles of existing fence, but where they’ll also stage a competition this summer to build and test prototypes for Mr. Trump’s wall.

It’s the first in what’s likely to be a series of waivers that will be needed as wall construction ramps up.

Officials insisted they will still try to be mindful of local impacts as they work on the wall.

“While the waiver eliminates DHS’s obligation to comply with various laws with respect to covered projects, the department remains committed to environmental stewardship with respect to these projects,” the department said in a statement.

More:  http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/aug/1/dhs-waives-environmental-laws-begin-building-trump/?utm_source=RSS_Feedutm_medium=RSS

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: DHS waives environmental laws to begin building Trump border wall
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 02:59:05 pm »
 :thumbsup3:

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 02:59:33 pm »
Dog whistle. 

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 03:02:48 pm »
It's good to be the king!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 03:16:05 pm »
Does this mean I can start killing the gopher tortoises on my property?

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com