Author Topic: General Kelly is in charge: Now Bannon, Kellyanne, Jared and even Ivanka will report to new chief of staff and NOT to the president following White House shakeup  (Read 666 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

General Kelly is in charge: Now Bannon, Kellyanne, Jared and even Ivanka will report to new chief of staff and NOT to the president following White House shakeup
Daily Mail/UK, Jul 31. 2017

The White House said Monday afternoon that all senior aides – including Donald Trump's family members – will report to new chief of staff John Kelly.

The move marks a change in the West Wing, where first daughter Ivanka Trump, her husband Jared Kushner, chief strategist Steve Bannon and other top officials have all enjoyed Oval Office walk-in privileges and direct access to the president.

'General Kelly has the full authority to operate within the White House and all staff will report to him,' press secretary Sarah Sanders said Monday during a late afternoon press briefing.

Asked if that included Kushner, Bannon and other heavy hitters, she replied: 'That includes everybody at the White House.'

Sanders emphasized that Kelly, a retired Marine general, would 'bring new structure to the White House, and discipline and strength.'

'General Kelly has the full authority to carry out business as he sees fit,' she said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4747806/Bannon-Jared-Ivanka-report-new-chief-staff.html#ixzz4oSzUhUJK

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I hope Trump is aware of this..

^^^ THIS.

Somehow.... I'm not so sure he is going to like the arrangement.

I'm sure Trump will let us all know via Twitter how he feels about it in due course.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online corbe

This could be what we've all been hoping and praying for, an Adult in charge.
    How much political capital can be expended on all this shit and still expect to get crap done? 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

I hope Trump is aware of this.. :shrug:

Well, if he isn't aware that the Kushner's will now have to go through Kelly ... I feel another 'firing' coming on.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

How much political capital can be expended on all this shit and still expect to get crap done?

Exactly.  Way too much drama!!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline endicom

Exactly.  Way too much drama!!

I'll take drama over business as usual. We wanted change and that doesn't come a la carte.

Offline Concerned

Hopefully this will bring more focus, less drama, cleaner messaging, and clearer priorities for the entire White House (including the President himself).  Good luck Gen. Kelly, I'm afraid you're going to need it.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline dfwgator

I hope he's a General Honore type who is not afraid to tell Trump not to get 'stuck on stupid.'

Offline libertybele

I'll take drama over business as usual. We wanted change and that doesn't come a la carte.

No, not asking for business as usual, I'm asking for the office of the President to conduct itself in a respectable manner where something will get accomplished rather than the continual rants, name-calling, tweets, firings, fake news, false accusations, etc.  He should have never put people like Priebus or Scaramucci in place to begin with and he should have never been allowed to give Jared and Ivanka a seat in the West Wing either. What happened to nepotism laws? As I stated, way too much drama! These appointments, in my opinion, indicate that Trump was absolutely clueless in the functionality of government; he is learning that governing a country is far different than running a business. No, definitely don't want Trump conducting 'business' as usual. 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 02:23:52 am by libertybele »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Hopefully this will bring more focus, less drama, cleaner messaging, and clearer priorities for the entire White House (including the President himself).  Good luck Gen. Kelly, I'm afraid you're going to need it.

If we could just get rid of Trump.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online roamer_1

Sorry... Ultimately, the guy in charge is not an adult.