Author Topic: Blue-eyed humans have a single, common ancestor  (Read 4629 times)

rangerrebew

Blue-eyed humans have a single, common ancestor
« on: July 31, 2017, 12:51:55 pm »
Blue-eyed humans have a single, common ancestor

Date:
    January 31, 2008
Source:
    University of Copenhagen
Summary:
    New research shows that people with blue eyes have a single, common ancestor. Scientists have tracked down a genetic mutation which took place 6,000-10,000 years ago and is the cause of the eye color of all blue-eyed humans alive on the planet today.
Share:

FULL STORY

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/01/080130170343.htm

Offline endicom

Re: Blue-eyed humans have a single, common ancestor
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 01:38:54 pm »
The bad news is...

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 01:55:24 pm »
@mystery-ak
@CatherineofAragon

I have blue eyes.  One of the countries he studied is Denmark - there are lots of blond/blue-eyed people in Denmark.  I am moving to Denmark today to get away from you brown eyed people.  Long live blue-eyed people.  To brown eyed people:   :2gunz:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 01:55:32 pm »

(thanks for the resize assist!)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 02:03:13 pm by skeeter »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 02:01:32 pm »
@mystery-ak
@CatherineofAragon

I have blue eyes.  One of the countries he studied is Denmark - there are lots of blond/blue-eyed people in Denmark.  I am moving to Denmark today to get away from you brown eyed people.  Long live blue-eyed people.  To brown eyed people:   :2gunz:

Since I have brown eyes I guess I'll just stay here...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 02:32:45 pm »

No need, there's something rattan in Denmark.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 02:51:30 pm »
@mystery-ak
@CatherineofAragon

Hey, cousin!

But, I'm not moving to Denmark.  Too cold.  Ick.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 03:20:22 pm »

Not to worry. Every single significant event that has ever happened in the history of mankind, in the entire history of Earth, has been accomplished by other than blue eyed people.

People with blue eyes are pretty, bless their hearts, but they do tend to be mentally feeble.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2017, 03:24:39 pm »
... and every single one of them have red eyes in every candid photo ever taken of them.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2017, 03:31:14 pm »
I believe his name was Adam

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2017, 03:34:15 pm »
genetic mutation which took place 6,000-10,000 years ago

That pretty blue eyed Eve...

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2017, 03:57:53 pm »
I was at the house of a Mormon friend and I noticed a picture of Jesus. In the depiction, Jesus had blond hair and blue eyes.

I happened to mention, 'You know Jesus was a Hebrew don't you?' He indicated No, and then quickly changed the subject. It reminded me of Japan.

In Japan I went to a 'cowboy bar'. Obviously, it was a pub with an American cowboy theme. On the wall was a life size mural of John Wayne. He had slanted oriental eyes. LOL. I thought it was funny.

Go to a Black person's home, and Jesus is Black.
Go to an Asian person's home, and Jesus is Asian.
Go to a blue eyed person's home, and Jesus has blue eyes.
And there is nothing wrong with that at all. Whatever makes you feel right.

But if you go to a normal person's home. Jesus will have normal eyes, as he most likely really did have.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 03:58:35 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2017, 06:20:23 pm »
I was at the house of a Mormon friend and I noticed a picture of Jesus. In the depiction, Jesus had blond hair and blue eyes.

I happened to mention, 'You know Jesus was a Hebrew don't you?' He indicated No, and then quickly changed the subject. It reminded me of Japan.

In Japan I went to a 'cowboy bar'. Obviously, it was a pub with an American cowboy theme. On the wall was a life size mural of John Wayne. He had slanted oriental eyes. LOL. I thought it was funny.

Go to a Black person's home, and Jesus is Black.
Go to an Asian person's home, and Jesus is Asian.
Go to a blue eyed person's home, and Jesus has blue eyes.
And there is nothing wrong with that at all. Whatever makes you feel right.

But if you go to a normal person's home. Jesus will have normal eyes, as he most likely really did have.

Jesus was like one's wife asleep in the morning with her hair everwhere but where she wants it. Like a child that just gets out of the pool and drying his head in a towel. Beautiful because you love them and they you.

What are we given to go by? Jesus was Jewish and not handsome, probable not homely but certainly not overtly good looking at all. He was your average Joe of the day. Why are we not given a more accurate description? Because it didn't matter what Jesus looked like, he came to win souls, not win Oscar awards. We don't know if he was dark skinned or light olive. We don't know if he had blue eyes or brown. Some things don't matter. Praise Jesus.

Jesus was intentionally non-descriptive because God knew our sinful nature to wanting to group things. Nobody can claim to look like Jesus and it is for the best.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 06:32:17 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2017, 06:28:02 pm »
@mystery-ak
@CatherineofAragon

I have blue eyes too. :)

(Who's going to take care of Prissy while you are away? @Victoria33
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 06:30:36 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2017, 06:51:17 pm »

Regarding the actual substance of the article:  DNA science is moving very fast.

--Medicine
--Genealogy
--Anthropology
--Archeology
--Anthropogeny https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthropogeny
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2017, 07:28:02 pm »
Jesus was like one's wife asleep in the morning with her hair everwhere but where she wants it. Like a child that just gets out of the pool and drying his head in a towel. Beautiful because you love them and they you.

What are we given to go by? Jesus was Jewish and not handsome, probable not homely but certainly not overtly good looking at all. He was your average Joe of the day. Why are we not given a more accurate description? Because it didn't matter what Jesus looked like, he came to win souls, not win Oscar awards. We don't know if he was dark skinned or light olive. We don't know if he had blue eyes or brown. Some things don't matter. Praise Jesus.

Jesus was intentionally non-descriptive because God knew our sinful nature to wanting to group things. Nobody can claim to look like Jesus and it is for the best.

Very well expressed!

And, I do chortle when I seen the portraits of Mary in regal medieval garb, and Jesus with his long, honey-brown hair and blue eyes.  If it helps someone, I guess it's fine.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2017, 07:36:34 pm »
I have blue eyes too. :)   (Who's going to take care of Prissy while you are away? @Victoria33
@Freya

Prissy comes first so I will have to wait to go to Denmark. She has to have special food now and I got other items to help her after the surgery.  I'll write about that in the lounge.

Blue-eyed people tend to have more eye problems than brown eyed.  In my forties, my ophthalmologist gave me prescription sunglasses that were quite dark and said to wear them every time I stepped out of the house as blue eyed people get cataracts faster than brown eyed people. I had cataract surgery when 79.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2017, 07:42:33 pm »
@Freya

Prissy comes first so I will have to wait to go to Denmark. She has to have special food now and I got other items to help her after the surgery.  I'll write about that in the lounge.

Blue-eyed people tend to have more eye problems than brown eyed.  In my forties, my ophthalmologist gave me prescription sunglasses that were quite dark and said to wear them every time I stepped out of the house as blue eyed people get cataracts faster than brown eyed people. I had cataract surgery when 79.

But, we see better in dim light.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2017, 08:09:40 pm »

I don't know, a whole lot of people recently made the claim He had an orange tint to Him.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2017, 01:56:24 am »
But, we see better in dim light.

I have problems driving at night since I was about 40. I really don't like driving at night if I don't know where I'm going.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2017, 02:06:04 am »
I don't know, a whole lot of people recently made the claim He had an orange tint to Him.

@InHeavenThereIsNoBeer Ok that got a chuckle out of me.

Offline Jewbacca

• All Wookies Are Jewish
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2017, 09:22:22 pm »

I happened to mention, 'You know Jesus was a Hebrew don't you?'

I'm an Ashkenazi Jewish guy.  Probably some European in me, but my genetic tests (done because I also carry a single marker for Tays Sach) tell me I am not only Ashkeanzi, origin in Middle East, but Cohen (which I already knew from a very detailed family genealogy).

I have thick black, curly, hair, almost African.  Swarthy white skin (think Greek). 

And bright blue eyes.
The residents of Iroquois Territory shall not determine if Jews may  live in Jerusalem.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2017, 09:32:25 pm »
I'm an Ashkenazi Jewish guy.  Probably some European in me, but my genetic tests (done because I also carry a single marker for Tays Sach) tell me I am not only Ashkeanzi, origin in Middle East, but Cohen (which I already knew from a very detailed family genealogy).

I have thick black, curly, hair, almost African.  Swarthy white skin (think Greek). 

And bright blue eyes.

Did you know Quanah Parker had blue eyes too?   Since only his mother was anglo, he should have had his dad's black eyes.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2017, 02:22:36 am »
I can't put my finger on it, but these news stories over the past few years about everyone having a single common ancestor strike me as pure hoooey.

Offline Jewbacca

• All Wookies Are Jewish
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2017, 03:18:02 pm »
Did you know Quanah Parker had blue eyes too?   Since only his mother was anglo, he should have had his dad's black eyes.

No, I didn't know that.  Didn't know who Parker was until I just looked him up.  Interesting guy.
The residents of Iroquois Territory shall not determine if Jews may  live in Jerusalem.