Author Topic: Mulvaney: No other votes until Senate votes again on health care  (Read 556 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Mulvaney: No other votes until Senate votes again on health care

By JACQUELINE KLIMAS

07/30/2017 11:50 AM EDT

The Senate should not vote on anything else until it’s voted again on repealing Obamacare, White House budget director Mick Mulvaney said Sunday.

Mulvaney said that “yes,” it's official White House policy that the Senate shouldn’t hold a vote on another issue — not even an imminent crisis like raising the debt ceiling— until the Senate votes again on health care.

“In the White House's view, they can't move on in the Senate,” Mulvaney said on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “You can't promise folks you're going to do something for seven years, and then not do it.”

The House, which has passed an Obamacare repeal measure, is on its summer break until after Labor Day, but the Senate plans to work at least another two weeks.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/30/senate-obamacare-repeal-mulvaney-241141
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

Re: Mulvaney: No other votes until Senate votes again on health care
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 06:07:38 pm »
Mulvaney said that “yes,” it's official White House policy that the Senate shouldn’t hold a vote on another issue — not even an imminent crisis like raising the debt ceiling— until the Senate votes again on health care.

It looks like Pres. Trump is separating himself from the Pub party. He has started pushing out Pub establishment people from his staff and with his tweets yesterday and today he's laying the blame for the healthcare fiasco where it belongs, with Senate Pubs. I think this might be a good thing, but how many of his closest advisors are former liberals?

It is so disheartening to see this great once in a generation opportunity wasted. My anger runs so deep I hope Pres. Trump continues to hammer the Pubs, removes their exemption from obamacare and campaigns against them in 2018.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 07:49:20 pm »
Would that include cabinet appointments and potential SC vacancies?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 08:13:08 pm »
...Mulvaney said on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “You can't promise folks you're going to do something for seven years, and then not do it.”
Unless of course, your alias is Barack Hussein Obama.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 08:22:27 pm »

It looks like Pres. Trump is separating himself from the Pub party. He has started pushing out Pub establishment people from his staff and with his tweets yesterday and today he's laying the blame for the healthcare fiasco where it belongs, with Senate Pubs. I think this might be a good thing, but how many of his closest advisors are former liberals?

It is so disheartening to see this great once in a generation opportunity wasted. My anger runs so deep I hope Pres. Trump continues to hammer the Pubs, removes their exemption from obamacare and campaigns against them in 2018.

Good Grief!!!  If only President Trump had some way of knowing the feckless GOP would snatch this victory away.   Someone like Steve Bannon or Roger Stone to advise him, or access to Trumpbart.com or TOS.  Why did no one tweet him that Lucy with the football meme?!?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 08:23:57 pm by Once-Ler »

HonestJohn

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 10:05:25 pm »
Someone needs to tell Trump that he is neither the majority nor minority whip in the Senate, so he has no say here.

Now, should he resign to run for a Senator position...

... go right ahead.