Author Topic: s North Korea intensifies its missile program, the U.S. opens an $11 billion base in the South  (Read 615 times)

rangerrebew

s North Korea intensifies its missile program, the U.S. opens an $11 billion base in the South

By Anna Fifield July 29 at 5:00 AM

CAMP HUMPHREYS, South ­Korea — This small American city has four schools and five churches, an Arby’s, a Taco Bell and a Burger King. The grocery store is offering a deal on Budweiser as the temperature soars, and out front there’s a promotion for Ford Mustangs.

But for all its invocations of the American heartland, this growing town is in the middle of the South Korean countryside, in an area that was famous for growing huge grapes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/as-north-korea-intensifies-its-missile-program-the-us-opens-an-11-billion-base-in-south-korea/2017/07/28/a155e34c-70b1-11e7-8c17-533c52b2f014_story.html?utm_term=.a7865ae9809c

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I spent a year there in the early 90s.  Air combat squadron attached to the post.  It's very densely populated.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline DB

I spent a year there in the early 90s.  Air combat squadron attached to the post.  It's very densely populated.

That must have been an adventure!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
That must have been an adventure!

We didn't have a taco bell or burger king.  A aaefes grill as I remember.  Had to ride a bus for 45 mins to get to the burger king. 

The army didn't really like us there.  We had tactical communications vans.  Basically a bunch of trucks with data and voice capabilities.  Go set up on a mountain top type stuff.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 11:20:04 am by driftdiver »
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.