Author Topic: Donald Trump is becoming trapped By Michael Goodwin  (Read 736 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Donald Trump is becoming trapped By Michael Goodwin
« on: July 30, 2017, 01:50:10 pm »

Opinion
Donald Trump is becoming trapped

By Michael Goodwin

July 29, 2017 | 9:09pm

Early last week, a friend who is generally supportive of President Trump offered his view that the president had only one move remaining — firing special counsel Robert Mueller.

By week’s end, my friend had a different view: The president is in a box without a clear escape hatch. “I’m not sure how he gets out of this,” he said wearily.

Those conversations bookend the worst week of the Trump presidency, which ended with another shake-up. By removing Reince Priebus as chief of staff and replacing him with Gen. John Kelly from Homeland Security, Trump aims to bring a semblance of military order and discipline to the White House.

more
http://nypost.com/2017/07/29/donald-trump-is-becoming-trapped/?_ga=2.25790974.250941238.1501411401-189571373.1476530179
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

Re: Donald Trump is becoming trapped By Michael Goodwin
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 02:19:56 pm »
They don't get it. They don't get that for a Republican, the office is the trap. The choice is to submit to captivity or smash your way out.

Worse yet, maybe they do get it.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 02:30:49 pm »
Trump has no hold on Robert Mueller so maybe for the first time in his life, Trump can't stomp on someone, can't cheat him, can't fire him, can't get rid of him.  In the past, he has stomped on judges in many court cases, gone off on them in verbal abuse, etc..  Mueller is above all that, quietly doing his investigation.  Because Trump doesn't know what he is looking at about him, Trump is freaking out, knowing his sordid past in business "deals" and his money/finances are being examined.  If it came out Trump is financially worth less than he boasts, his ego would be shattered.  If he made deals some way with Russia, that will likely come out - I would bet he had loans, has loans, from a Russian bank.  A Russian rents a whole floor in Trump Tower in NYC.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 02:52:49 pm »
Trump has no hold on Robert Mueller so maybe for the first time in his life, Trump can't stomp on someone, can't cheat him, can't fire him, can't get rid of him.  In the past, he has stomped on judges in many court cases, gone off on them in verbal abuse, etc..  Mueller is above all that, quietly doing his investigation.  Because Trump doesn't know what he is looking at about him, Trump is freaking out, knowing his sordid past in business "deals" and his money/finances are being examined.  If it came out Trump is financially worth less than he boasts, his ego would be shattered.  If he made deals some way with Russia, that will likely come out - I would bet he had loans, has loans, from a Russian bank.  A Russian rents a whole floor in Trump Tower in NYC.

I'm curious to know your personal opinion of this turn of events @Victoria33 :

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,274036.0.html

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 03:15:05 pm »
I'm curious to know your personal opinion of this turn of events @Victoria33 :

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,274036.0.html

I don't know about you, RIV, but the highlight of my Sunday mornings is reading opinions by ill informed, anonymous people...

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 05:13:51 pm »
By week’s end, my friend had a different view: The president is in a box without a clear escape hatch. “I’m not sure how he gets out of this,” he said wearily.

Where, oh where have I heard such dire predictions before?  And from such a seasoned and respected chattering and elected class  :pondering:

Oh, yeah .... I remember.  And it turned out the seasoned and respected chattering and elected class knew jack squat --- and understood the man and his supporters even less.  They still haven't caught up.

Stronger audio at the link: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UecianS561w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UecianS561w

@aligncare

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 05:16:57 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 05:23:19 pm »
I don't know about you, RIV, but the highlight of my Sunday mornings is reading opinions by ill informed, anonymous people...

We've certainly come to a fine place for that...lolol!

:silly:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Silver Pines

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2017, 08:02:50 pm »

@aligncare

Well, we're all anonymous, since this is an Internet forum, so if that bothers you, why are you reading here?  And posting your anonymous opinions?

What makes @Victoria33 any more ill-informed than you?  Unless you have an in with Trump---maybe a relative?

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2017, 08:15:19 pm »
@aligncare

Well, we're all anonymous, since this is an Internet forum, so if that bothers you, why are you reading here?  And posting your anonymous opinions?

What makes @Victoria33 any more ill-informed than you?  Unless you have an in with Trump---maybe a relative?

@aligncare 's post was in response to mine.  I got his point .... it was skillfully subtle.   ^-^

IMHO, I don't see any reason to turn this exchange into a dissection and analysis of a Briefer's posting.   You, of course, are free to carry on as suits you @CatherineofAragon

Thanks for any consideration you may give my suggestion.   That's all.    :seeya:

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2017, 08:18:08 pm »
'Collusion' Collapses: Dem Congressional Espionage Ring Takes Center Ring
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=274005.0
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2017, 08:19:36 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

I don't read RIV so it doesn't matter what she says or what any of her political friends say. I express an opinion and it is what it is.

Silver Pines

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2017, 08:24:34 pm »
@aligncare 's post was in response to mine.  I got his point .... it was skillfully subtle.   ^-^

IMHO, I don't see any reason to turn this exchange into a dissection and analysis of a Briefer's posting.   You, of course, are free to carry on as suits you @CatherineofAragon

Thanks for any consideration you may give my suggestion.   That's all.    :seeya:

@Right_in_Virginia

That would be none, because as I told you before, I don't entertain your attempts to dictate the content of my posts.

What you "see a reason for" is immaterial.  I'll wait for @aligncare to answer my post, if he can.  So step aside and let him come out, why don't you.

I wonder what you might be like if you were able to put aside the sugary, smiley passive-aggressiveness and just be real. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2017, 08:26:53 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

I don't read RIV so it doesn't matter what she says or what any of her political friends say. I express an opinion and it is what it is.

@Victoria33